Missing Votes in Rhode Island?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:26:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results
  2012 U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Missing Votes in Rhode Island?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Missing Votes in Rhode Island?  (Read 1491 times)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 08, 2013, 06:55:23 AM »

When you add up all the votes in Rhode Island of the 5 counties, you get: 279,409 Obama, and 157,151 Romney. The official result is 279,677 Obama, and 157,204 Romney. That means there are 268 Obama votes and 53 Romney votes and possibly some other votes (Third Party) that are not shown within the 5 counties.

You may notice that if you go the Election Result Page and click on Rhode Island 2012 you see the Map Key. You get >50% and >60% Obama, and also >80%. Out of 321 missing votes between Obama and Romney alone without third parties, 83.5% (268) are Obama votes and 16.5% (53) are Romney votes.

So where are these votes coming from? Providence? What do you think?
minionofmidas
Lewis Trondheim
Atlas Institution
India

« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2013, 12:22:07 PM »

Probably overseas.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2013, 11:19:05 PM »

They might have come from overseas or not been counted the first time. What models are you looking at. I've seen some that stopped counting on election night.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2013, 03:48:25 AM »

They might have come from overseas or not been counted the first time. What models are you looking at. I've seen some that stopped counting on election night.

These are the ones on this site. I use a different site as well: this

They both say the same thing, there's missing votes that aren't counted within the 5 counties.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2013, 11:20:06 PM »

They both say the same thing, there's missing votes that aren't counted within the 5 counties.

They're probably trying to keep Republicans from holding offices. With as blue as Rhode Island is, it's hard not to imagine voter fraud occurs. It would be the same if Republicans had such an advantage in cities and urban areas. Rhode Island is very densely populated.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 07:17:28 AM »

They're probably trying to keep Republicans from holding offices. With as blue as Rhode Island is, it's hard not to imagine voter fraud occurs. It would be the same if Republicans had such an advantage in cities and urban areas. Rhode Island is very densely populated.

I highly doubt its fraud, Rhode Island is on of the top 5 most liberal states in the nation. I believe its probably an absentee ballot error. And its 321 votes after all, they're counted in the state total its just when you add up the votes from all the counties you don't get them. Nothing that really would've changed anything, I was just wondering why this occurred.
rosin
Rookie
Denmark

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 10:37:37 AM »

If you click on "County data (graphs)" on the RI results page here on the Atlas, you see that the "missing" votes are "Federal" (whatever that means)
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 02:28:05 PM »

If you click on "County data (graphs)" on the RI results page here on the Atlas, you see that the "missing" votes are "Federal" (whatever that means)

Ah thank you. Looks like the same thing for Hawaii too, except they're "overseas".
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies