Gubernatorial Endorsements (2014) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 11:07:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Gubernatorial Endorsements (2014) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gubernatorial Endorsements (2014)  (Read 16359 times)
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« on: June 18, 2014, 12:04:21 AM »

I know I say this a lot, but Wolf as a millionaire used his own money and some loans to essentially buy himself the nomination all while FitzGerald is literally campaigning his heart and soul out here in Ohio and besides financial help from the state party and individual donors, doesn't get squat. FitzGerald has managed one radio ad with the little money he has while Wolf had a total ad blitz and for Wolf to get all this praise and more outside help is despicable.

Wolf also let his own workers be laid off after once abandoning his company while guaranteeing a huge payload for himself. Plus, while the McCord ad was viewed in bad taste, I can feel for McCord since he does have a black wife and I myself have a few black friends and the fact that Wolf could actually chair the campaign of a total racist is by no means forgivable, whether he asked Robertson to drop out of the race for York Mayor or not. I agree with him on the issues, but ethically, he's totally in the wrong.

Wolf buying the nomination actually was my big concern about him (I voted for Schwartz), but I don't think anybody here in the state actually took McCord's race baiting seriously. In fact, it seriously damaged his potential future as a statewide candidate. It was completely below the belt and reeked of desperation.

I don't really understand your first paragraph. Even if Fitzgerald had as much money as Wolf did I doubt he'd be leading, since the key factor is that Kasich is popular while Corbett is extremely unpopular. Blame the voters of Ohio for that one. It seems very odd that you'd have this as a reason for not endorsing Wolf.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2014, 03:09:43 PM »

Sawx, you might need to update Alaska. Tongue
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2014, 11:59:03 AM »

CA: Gov. Jerry Brown (D)
CA: Lt. Gov. Gavin Newsom (D)
CO: Gov. John Hickenlooper (D)
CT: Gov. Dan Malloy
FL: Fmr. Gov. Charlie Crist (D)
GA: State Sen. Jason Carter (D)
HI: State Sen. David Ige (D)
IL: Gov. Pat Quinn (D)
IA: State Sen. Jack Hatch (D)
KS: State Rep. Paul Davis (D)
MN: Gov. Mark Dayton (DFL)
NH: Gov. Maggie Hassan (D)
NY: Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D)
OR: Gov. John Kitzhaber

PA: Gov. Tom Corbett (R)
TX: State Sen. Wendy Davis (D)
VT: Gov. Peter Shumlin (D)

I'm pretty sure Corbett has more Democratic crossover support in Germany than he does in Pennsylvania.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2014, 06:24:38 PM »

Alabama: Nope. Not even a Prof. Victor Sanchez Williams-esque option aside from those two terrible choices? Cry
Nevada: Sandoval easily deserves re-election, especially over a joke candidate that couldn't even beat nobody.
New York: If it was actually a close race I'd probably crush my nose and vote Cuomo, but luckily that won't be a concern.
Ohio: lolFitzGerald
Tennessee: Same reason I endorsed Alexander. Haslam's not too bad considering it's Tennessee plus the Democrat is a joke.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies