Regions? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:30:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Regions? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Regions?  (Read 2520 times)
dunn

« on: April 05, 2004, 08:59:03 AM »

Dan, aren't the amendments actually part of the constitution anyway, they are part of the BIll of Rights and are thus called amendments. Meaning by ratifying the constitution you agree with the amendments as they are part of the original constitution. Which means, if we actually did ratify the constitution (which we didn't) those maps would be unconstitutional and thus could not be used. So if we ratified the constitution, then those maps cannot be used as they contradict it.

Thus the argument of accepting both is flawed.

Lewis specifically set up different votes on the Constitution and the Amendments.  So I think it was obvious to everyone that by voting for the Constitution we were NOT voting for any of the amendments; each of those required a seperate vote in a different thread.  If Dan had intended those parts to be accepted as part of the constitution as a whole, he shouldn't have called them "amendments".
I second that
dunn

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 04:40:57 AM »

I keep the records updated - check DUNNews thread right on this board
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies