Maybe, Warner should run against Allen... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:05:27 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2006 Elections
  2006 Senatorial Election Polls
  Maybe, Warner should run against Allen... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Maybe, Warner should run against Allen...  (Read 3896 times)
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« on: March 01, 2005, 02:33:25 AM »

It was the sole Republican Senate  pickup for 2000, which was a bad election for the Republicans, aside from election stealing.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 05:54:21 AM »

Warner would be a fool to pass up this opportunity to take on George Allen -unless, of course, he is gunning for John Warner's seat once he retires in 2008.  the polls show that that is within reach of a governor as popular as he is.   

consider the fact that he will never win the Democratic Party nomination given his overly centrist views which will not play well with the Democratic Party base.  i'll be honest -i am quite happy with him as governor here within the confines of the Old Dominion, and i want him to continue serving this state as he has done so well since he was first elected in 2001.   if it were possible for him to run for a second term, i would vote for him in a heart-beat (and if i hadn't changed my voter registration in 2001, i would have voted for him then).

but if he were to run for the Democratic Party nomination for president, i will work to ensure he never gets even close to winning.  i want him to stay here in Virginia, and should he feel the need to run a national office, the Senate is the highest office he should ever run for.  he is only popular within Virginia, and he should realize that before embarassing himself in the primaries. 

He'd be a good Presidential or VP candidate.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 06:01:02 AM »

...which he'll never get, as i explained earlier.  which is why i am advocating he run for the Senate instead. 

Someone at Tradesports thinks he has a good chance.

Here's the Dems:
H. Clinton 41.8
Warner 10.2
Bayh 10.0
Gore 7.2
Edwards 6.3
Kerry 5.8
Richardson 5.3
Rendell 4.1
Biden 4.0

And GOP:
McCain 22.0
Giulani 19.4
Frist 15.3
Jeb 11.2
Owens 9.9
Rice 9.0
Romney 8.1
Allen 5.9

http://www.tradesports.com/jsp/intrade/contractSearch/searchPageBuilder.jsp?grpID=95
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 06:10:56 AM »

...which he'll never get, as i explained earlier.  which is why i am advocating he run for the Senate instead. 

Someone at Tradesports thinks he has a good chance.

Here's the Dems:
H. Clinton 41.8
Warner 10.2
Bayh 10.0
Gore 7.2
Edwards 6.3
Kerry 5.8
Richardson 5.3
Rendell 4.1
Biden 4.0

And GOP:
McCain 22.0
Giulani 19.4
Frist 15.3
Jeb 11.2
Owens 9.9
Rice 9.0
Romney 8.1
Allen 5.9

http://www.tradesports.com/jsp/intrade/contractSearch/searchPageBuilder.jsp?grpID=95

that site is a joke.  and notice how, on the GOP side, it gives Rudy Giuliani a decent chance of winning.  ridiculous.   don't take everything you find on the internet seriously. 

Yeah, it's weird that he's given such a good chance, since he tend to not poll well in primary polls (0% or 1%), but that could just be low name recognition.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies