Bennet: DSCC still recruiting in SD, MT, WV
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:20:07 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Bennet: DSCC still recruiting in SD, MT, WV
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Bennet: DSCC still recruiting in SD, MT, WV  (Read 1765 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2013, 11:30:01 AM »

Rehberg's lost twice, last time was very winnable. Daines will be the Pub candidate in MT.

Most likely so, but Daines is still a first term rep with a short voting record (cuts both ways) and limited experience as a politician.

What I am saying is there needs to be perspective and lets neither over, nor underestimate various aspects of these possible candidates, especially when we don't know who the Democrat will be and it could still be a seasoned political veteran.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2013, 11:43:42 AM »

Rehberg's lost twice, last time was very winnable. Daines will be the Pub candidate in MT.

Most likely so, but Daines is still a first term rep with a short voting record (cuts both ways) and limited experience as a politician.

What I am saying is there needs to be perspective and lets neither over, nor underestimate various aspects of these possible candidates, especially when we don't know who the Democrat will be and it could still be a seasoned political veteran.

Yankee, you're completely right. Rehberg is much better than Champ Edmund for instance. But they shoud try with an another candidate. For example, Rick hill, the gop nominee for MT governor, it was a really tight race and he's a former representative.

But honestly, Daines will be probably the nominee, so they won't have to recruit an another Pub.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2013, 11:51:46 AM »

Yankee, you're completely right. Rehberg is much better than Champ Edmund for instance. But they shoud try with an another candidate. For example, Rick hill, the gop nominee for MT governor, it was a really tight race and he's a former representative.

But honestly, Daines will be probably the nominee, so they won't have to recruit an another Pub.

Also, Marc Raicot, a popular former two-term Montana Governor hasn't declined yet. And he was even shown leading Schweitzer by a couple points. He would be the strongest candidate; I'm not sure why has name has been largely ignored on the forum.
RogueBeaver
Atlas Star
Canada
« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2013, 11:55:56 AM »

Because he's been out of elected office for 16 years at the RNC and K Street? The lesson from George Allen and Tommy Thompson (who I then thought were good candidates, and certainly better than the alternatives) is not to reanimate dinosaurs. Racicot hasn't won an election in 20 years and has shown no interest.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Moderators
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #29 on: August 16, 2013, 11:56:09 AM »

Also, Marc Raicot, a popular former two-term Montana Governor hasn't declined yet. And he was even shown leading Schweitzer by a couple points. He would be the strongest candidate; I'm not sure why has name has been largely ignored on the forum.

Because he pulled a Dan Coats and spent a decade or more lobbying.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies