President (?!) Tyrion - Ask away!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 16, 2024, 12:46:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  President (?!) Tyrion - Ask away!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
Author Topic: President (?!) Tyrion - Ask away!  (Read 15858 times)
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: September 04, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »

I wish you the best on your campaign and look forward to discussing the issues Smiley

Your well-wishes are much appreciated! I hope that we may still continue to discuss the issues in the future!

My impish friend, you still need to be around a little longer.

However, I like a young Atlasian grabbing the bull by the balls and being ambitious. Keep it up!

Cheesy I hope you'll see a lot more of me in the future! Thanks for the kind words!
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 06:21:51 PM »

I hope to see more of you too. I'm an old man by Atlasian political standards and I'm really glad that there is new talent still emerging.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #52 on: September 06, 2013, 07:51:05 PM »

I won't endorse anyone until the Labor Party makes its official endorsement in Butte, but from one Laborite to another, I offer you my best. How do you feel about pending legislation in the queue, Governor?

Sorry for taking so long to answer this, but it's a big question, and I wanted to be thorough.

Current Queue
  • Checks and Balances Amendment
    I am on the fence. I think that certain checks on the SC are necessary. However, I worry that the Senate, largely a political body, may be inclined to politicize the decisions. The SC is beholden to the law, but the Senators are beholden to those who voted for them.
  • Comprehensive Campaign Finance Reform Act
    I approve wholeheartedly. Campaign finance reform is important, and often overlooked because of the nature of Atlasia.
  • Abolition of the Supreme Court Bar Act
    I'm not sure why the Bar would exist in the first place, but I think abolishing it would have to be approved by a sitting justice before I approve of it.
  • Paid Leave Act of 2013
    For this and the Fair Labor Standards Act, I'd like to see numbers from GM, as well as your opinion. This is obviously rather generous compared to the current system, and I'd like to hear your rationale. I am always willing to consider new plans, and I would like to hear the financial implications first before making a decision. Consider me on the fence.
  • Fair Labor Standards Act of 2013
  • Recognition of Labor Act of 2013
    I'm not sure we need more federal holidays, but I agree with the idea behind it.
  • Repeal of Useless Laws Act
    No problems here.
  • Fix the regions amendment
    I assume this is more of a blank slate for Senate discussion. For one, I don't think this can be addressed within the framework of the current constitution. Secondly, I don't think a reduction to four regions is the change we need. Rather, we should reconsider the regional system altogether.
  • Permanent Improvements Act
    I support this wholeheartedly, and would even approve of a negative effective interest rate in such cases.
  • Support for LGBTI Athletes Bill
    A very important issue, and a great bill. I approve.
  • Veterans Support Modernization Bill
    Those costs seem a little low, so I'd like to see the numbers on it. If those are the actual necessary costs, I'm all for it.
  • Comprehensive Sex Education Bill 2013
    I agree, sex education is much more important than mere abstinence pushing. I also approve of lessons on gender and sexuality in an impartial manner.
  • Education for the Future Bill 2013
    Well, this is just a framework for the "Framework" law, so I would like to see what that "Framework" looks like before approving hypothetical funding based on its existence.
  • We need less political parties amendment
    Well, I assume this is another "blank slate." I would approve of raising the requirement to 10. However, I think that something similar just got struck down by the Senate, so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
  • 'Comprehensive Drug Reform Act of 2013'
    I'm not a fan. I do believe some drugs should remain illegal, and wouldn't function under the "legal but tax the sh*t out of it" plan. I think the legal drinking age on beer and wine should be 16, and should be 21 for harder liquors.
  • Sex Work Act of 2013
    I always thought the prohibition on prostitution was a bit hypocritical, considering it's legal if you film it and pay, but not if you just pay. With that said, licensing is a big part of it, so I definitely approve of licenses being necessary.
  • Party Hard Amendment
    Yes, this is what I was talking about with #14 above. I think that 10 is a good number. If the RG is on board, I would accept wholeheartedly.
  • Life Imprisonment Abolition Amendment
    Well, theoretically, couldn't a court confer a 1000 year sentence? It wouldn't be "life" because the probability of surviving that long is rather low (but could not be argued to be 0 because of the fact that life expectancy is increasing and medicine is improving to the point that obscenely long lifespans could be possible for some people in this generation or the coming ones). I'm not sure that I agree with the premise, here, either, but I guess the lifespan argument could swing the other way and make life in prison rather cruel and/or unusual. I could support it if I could be sure the courts wouldn't rule in the defendant's favor if he/she was given an extremely long sentence in a court of law.
  • Judiciary Branch Realignment Amendment
    Naturally, I support this, because I wrote it. I think more inclusion in the Judiciary Branch is a good thing for Atlasia. More arguments can be found in the Judiciary Committee Thread.
  • Support for Carers Bill 2013
    With universal healthcare, is this even necessary? I would support it in a vacuum, but I think it might be unnecessary in context.
  • The "You can't fire me, I quit!" Act of 2013
    I would like to hear your justification for this. This notably creates a remarkable disincentive, so I'd like to hear the numbers behind it, and see if it's justified quantitatively.
  • Semi-Presidentialism Amendment
    I think this would solve the problem of having too few active members, but it may concentrate power too much. I'd like to hear the arguments before making a decision.
  • Transgender Rights Act of 2013
    I agree. I think transgender rights are often overlooked in this revolution of SSM.
  • Amendment to The Productivity Equalization and Worker Employment Act of 2011
    I am not against this, but I really do need to see the numbers first before I decide.
  • Honest Term Limits Amendment
    I don't think this goes far enough, but I would approve it, mostly because of my belief that I shouldn't poison pill reform in the right direction with my own agenda.
  • Fair Amendment Procedure Amendment
    I approve, naturally, as I was advocating this in another Senate thread. Regional ratification is an outdated process.
  • Abolition of Conscription Amendment
    Yes, I don't think conscription has any place in a free society.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #53 on: September 10, 2013, 04:07:08 PM »

Campaign Speech Coming Soon
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: September 10, 2013, 04:08:19 PM »

ENDORSED.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #55 on: September 10, 2013, 08:48:11 PM »

Are u running for President or Senator?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #56 on: September 10, 2013, 09:06:01 PM »

He can't run for President at this point in time.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #57 on: September 10, 2013, 09:12:08 PM »

Then, Good Luck Tyrion!
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #58 on: September 10, 2013, 09:14:17 PM »

SAN JOSE, CA -

Hello Pacificans. I have recently declared my intention to run for the Pacific Senate Seat. I come to you today to state something rather simple. I implore you to Take a Stand and make an effort to make the Pacific a better place.

I come to you as the true regional representative in this race. My most likely prospective opponents are wonderful, and have track records in federal politics behind them, but, to revitalize the Pacific, the people need someone who is close to the issues. And, boy, have I been close.

Less than a month ago, the Constitutionally-mandated election booth for the Pacific Regional election was not opened, and the region dipped further into its post-dissolution doom. For the second time in as many months, the government became essentially null and void. From that day forward, I have been working my tail off to deliver a better region to you. I have introduced many pieces of locally relevant legislation. In fact, beside the The New Protect Our Forests Act, of which I wrote the lion's share, I have sponsored every piece of legislation in the Pacific since I entered office.

As such, I have an excellent record with policy, and I already have a couple of projects on which I am working with acting Senators, along with my aforementioned regional work.

Take a Stand.
Vote for Tyrion for Senate.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #59 on: September 10, 2013, 09:16:06 PM »

And good luck to you as well, Mr. Secretary.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2013, 09:26:03 PM »

Much appreciated, Senator.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 10:41:48 PM »

ENDORSED
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #62 on: September 13, 2013, 12:11:19 AM »
« Edited: September 14, 2013, 02:31:57 PM by Governor Tyrion »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #63 on: September 13, 2013, 12:17:05 AM »

Statement on Executive Orders

Today, I enacted two Executive Orders, under the power vested in me by the Third Constitution of Atlasia. Under the advisement of Councillor Politics Junkie and Presidential Candidate Bacon King, I streamlined the process by which votes and threads can be opened and closed, reducing the power of an inactive non-Councillor over the Pacific Council by legal means. I am proud to say that this was a team effort, as the Pacific continues to focus on its strong legislative past, as opposed to its recent troubles.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2013, 12:19:25 AM »

I'm glad I could help. I am confident these Executive Orders will restore the Pacific Region to a state of normalcy; I am prepared to defend them in a court of law if the esteemed Attorney General wishes to file suit in support of Xahar and company.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 01:14:09 AM »

Thank you Councillor.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2013, 01:15:41 AM »

I'm glad I could help. I am confident these Executive Orders will restore the Pacific Region to a state of normalcy; I am prepared to defend them in a court of law if the esteemed Attorney General wishes to file suit in support of Xahar and company.

I appreciate it, but I don't think it should come to that. We're on firm legal ground here!
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2013, 09:22:32 AM »

Awesome, I Purple heart you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #68 on: September 14, 2013, 02:34:28 PM »

Awesome, I Purple heart you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Smiley

Purple heart

Also, I have added clause numbers to the executive orders in order to make them more readable. They will also be wiki'd shortly.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #69 on: September 14, 2013, 02:37:37 PM »

Pacific Sports Venue Funding Act

Whereas, the Pacific understands the term "professional sports team" to mean a team that is a franchise of Major League Baseball, the National Football League, the National Hockey League, Major League Soccer, the National Basketball Association, or Major League Lacrosse. The leagues are professional sports leagues, and games played between members of the same league are professional sports games. Any other teams, leagues, or games are considered semipro or amateur, with no necessary distinction in this statute.

1. A professional sports team must be listed as a "primary rights holder" to play a home game in that venue. Professional sports teams may apply to the city, county, or other appropriate jurisdiction to receive primary rights.

2. Neither the Pacific Region nor any jurisdiction thereof shall subsidize the construction of a venue whose primary purpose is hosting the professional sports games of a single team without the guarantee of no less than one hundred (100) live sporting events to be scheduled per calendar year.

3. Multiple professional teams from the same league or different professional leagues petitioning to share a venue must satisfy the one hundred (100) game threshold to be eligible for regional funding.

4. The professional sports team(s) that is(are) the primary residents of a venue funded by the Region, or a jurisdiction thereof, may attempt to reach the threshold, if their schedule is insufficient, by inviting semipro and amateur teams. However, the professional sports teams are obligated to meet the scheduling threshold, and a failure to do so will result in seizure of the stadium by the state. The professional, amateur, and semipro sports team(s) may continue to play in the stadium while it is regional property. However, all operating costs plus a 100% fine are billed to the professional sports team which holds the primary rights to play in the stadium at the end of each month, until the schedule for the next calendar year is finalized with the threshold met and any unmet games from the previous calendar year applied to the next season.

x TyrionTheImperialist
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2013, 04:37:56 PM »

Pacific Region Salary Increase Initiative

1. The salaries of all regional employees shall be increased ten percent (10%) effective January 1, 2014.

2. The salaries of all regional employees shall be increased by no less than two percent (2%) and no more than five percent (5%) on the first of January of every calendar year from 2015 to 2020, inclusive. With no further legislative action before the first of September of the previous calendar year, the increase for that year's regional employee salary is to be 2%.

x TyrionTheImperialist
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #71 on: September 17, 2013, 12:55:23 AM »

Pacific Can and Bottle Return Act

1. All containers of canned or bottled beverages in the Pacific region may be returned to a participating recycling center for a refund of ten cents ($0.10) per container.
2. Any individual who purchases a beverage in the Pacific region shall pay a deposit of ten cents ($0.10) per beverage upon said purchase, and this deposit shall be refunded upon the return of the container to a participating recycling center.
3. Regionally-run recycling centers are required to opt in to this program. Private recycling centers can choose to opt in, with all program costs paid by the state, along with a $.005 tax credit for the private recycling center per container returned at that location.

x TyrionTheImperialist
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #72 on: September 21, 2013, 02:26:30 PM »

Regional Legislature status update:

Currently Open Threads:

1. Pacific Regional Parks Act - Debating
2. Pacific Trans Protection Act - Debating
3. GAWorth Paid Leave Act - Waiting on the status of a similar federal bill
4. Pacific Lottery Act - Motion to table
5. High Speed Rail Initiative - Waiting on Speaker Seatown to open the final vote
6. Repeal of the Alcohol Freedom Act - Debating
7. Ratification of Ratification Amendment - Waiting on FBF to make the final vote
8. Pacific Speaker Term Act - Debating
9. Discussion Time Act - Debating

Queued Legislation:

1. Federal Region Proper Notification Resolution
2. We Should Know You're Carrying a Gun Act
3. Amendment to Another Fracking Ban
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #73 on: September 21, 2013, 02:38:24 PM »

Ha, as if I did not spend enough time here, I missed some of this. Nice job, Tyrion, good luck with the Senate, and I'd hate to lose you as the governor!

I legally and personally support both of your exec orders.

Now THAT would be the ultimate of ironies, but not a chance of it on this one. Wink
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #74 on: September 22, 2013, 02:44:24 AM »

Ha, as if I did not spend enough time here, I missed some of this. Nice job, Tyrion, good luck with the Senate, and I'd hate to lose you as the governor!

I legally and personally support both of your exec orders.

Thank you Mr. Attorney General (and VP, but I assume you're speaking in your capacity as AG Tongue )

I do think that since the Council has made no move to restrict my executive powers, they exist in full, should I choose to use them. With that said, I'll make every effort to maintain a balance of power; hence, each executive order has a clause allowing the Council to overturn my order.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies