Father to Chris Christie: Please don't let my daughter die, Governor
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:29:42 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Father to Chris Christie: Please don't let my daughter die, Governor
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Father to Chris Christie: Please don't let my daughter die, Governor  (Read 4019 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: August 15, 2013, 07:26:08 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hur44WHYQ9w
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2013, 07:29:32 PM »

I read about this. Hopefully he's not worried about GOP primary implications. The GOP could be ahead of the Dems on pot before long. Christie strikes me as someone who should realize this.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2013, 07:34:50 PM »

I read about this. Hopefully he's not worried about GOP primary implications. The GOP could be ahead of the Dems on pot before long. Christie strikes me as someone who should realize this.

Indeed, and if he's willing to let a young girl die to boost his GOP street cred, that should say a lot.
Likely Voter
Moderators
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2013, 07:37:38 PM »

I could just see the GOP attack ad. "Chris Christie wants you to think he is tough on crime and a real conservative, but just last year he signed a law that gives children access to marijuana!"
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2013, 08:14:38 PM »

Pot saves lives?
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2013, 08:26:59 PM »

My thoughts exactly.  The only thing I can think of is that it reputedly helps some cancer patients regain their appetite, so maybe he's referring to that or some other indirect effect, but even so I'd be tempted to infract the father for excessive hyperbole.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2013, 09:20:27 PM »

His daughter suffers severe seizures, which puts her at risk of dying.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2013, 11:55:36 PM »

Indeed, and if he's willing to let a young girl die to boost his GOP street cred, that should say a lot.

You're right he should go in there with a scalpel and stethoscope and do the surgery himself he cares so much. That's the world I want to live in, a world where our politicians are also our doctors. We can't trust them to balance budgets or with our money but we can trust them with our lives? Yep!
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2013, 11:56:56 PM »

This goes to show how far Democrats will go to legalize marijuana. We should legalize it but it seems to be about all Democrats care about; drugs.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2013, 02:15:41 AM »

My thoughts exactly.  The only thing I can think of is that it reputedly helps some cancer patients regain their appetite, so maybe he's referring to that or some other indirect effect, but even so I'd be tempted to infract the father for excessive hyperbole.

Yes, believe it or not, pot saves lives. This lengthy report about a 6-year-old medical marijuana patient made the rounds last week. It's worth reading at CNN, but the gist of is that the oil of a specific non-psychoactive strain of marijuana is a very powerful treatment for a particular disease where seizures get progressively longer and more frequent.

She was having 300 seizures a week prior to being treated with the oil. She's down to 3 a month now.
Ban my account ffs!
snowguy716
Atlas Star
Austria

« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2013, 02:24:41 AM »

This goes to show how far Democrats will go to legalize marijuana. We should legalize it but it seems to be about all Democrats care about; drugs.
Worst.  Post.  Ever.

Get a clue, barfy.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2013, 08:08:37 AM »

I'm clearly not a marijuana opponent by any means, but let's be real here

It's unfortunate that this girl has such a terrible ailment, but marijuana is not the only thing that will save her life

But I do think Christie will allow for medical marijuana use in NJ
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2013, 08:16:17 AM »

I highly doubt that.
They put it to a vote and they just kept lying
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2013, 08:25:07 AM »

I highly doubt that.

I could be totally wrong, but I just have a feeling he will.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2013, 08:52:54 AM »

It's the CBD that is useful in many different instances, not the stuff you crave. Tongue

I haven't heard something like this before though. I know Marijuana can help with seizures but is it really her only choice? Obviously I don't know enough about her case to comment and neither should the other people here.
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2013, 11:32:46 AM »

It's unfortunate that this girl has such a terrible ailment, but marijuana is not the only thing that will save her life

Yes, actually, marijuana is the only thing that will save her life. No one goes to medical marijuana as a first-line treatment for a 6-year-old. These parents seek out medical marijuana because literally everything else they have tried has failed.

Besides, the alternative treatment consists of brutally addictive barbiturates and benzodiazepines. Is that really better?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2013, 11:39:57 AM »

Yes, actually, marijuana is the only thing that will save her life. No one goes to medical marijuana as a first-line treatment for a 6-year-old. These parents seek out medical marijuana because literally everything else they have tried has failed.

Besides, the alternative treatment consists of brutally addictive barbiturates and benzodiazepines. Is that really better?

Plus, if medical marijuana were not the only thing that could save her life, would they threaten to move to Colorado to have better access to it when there are other things available?  If I had a child with this horrible condition and my state didn't offer marijuana for medical use, I'd risk prison if it meant saving his or her life.

The naysayers really don't think these things through.  I doubt most of them have read a lick of research on this subject and just buy into the same baseless propaganda that's floated around for the last seventy years.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2013, 11:44:10 AM »

If only Democrats cared that much about legalization Roll Eyes
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2013, 12:16:28 PM »

I highly doubt that.

Medical Marijuana use is already the law in NJ. Dispensaries are already up and running. The question here is whether it should be expanded to pot for tots.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2013, 12:32:42 PM »

Plus, if medical marijuana were not the only thing that could save her life, would they threaten to move to Colorado to have better access to it when there are other things available?  If I had a child with this horrible condition and my state didn't offer marijuana for medical use, I'd risk prison if it meant saving his or her life.

The naysayers really don't think these things through.  I doubt most of them have read a lick of research on this subject and just buy into the same baseless propaganda that's floated around for the last seventy years.

If it is the only thing that'll save her life, why haven't they already moved to Colorado (or some other place they can legally get it) already.  (And I say this as someone who has been a proponent of legalization for a long time.)
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2013, 12:36:06 PM »

If it is the only thing that'll save her life, why haven't they already moved to Colorado (or some other place they can legally get it) already.  (And I say this as someone who has been a proponent of legalization for a long time.)

Because some people can't just move to what ever state they want at any given time for a number of reasons?
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2013, 12:44:01 PM »

Because some people can't just move to what ever state they want at any given time for a number of reasons?

The father has already said they'll move to Colorado if it is vetoed.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2013, 12:57:55 PM »

The father has already said they'll move to Colorado if it is vetoed.

...Right, so they wouldn't have to move if it is signed.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2013, 02:26:01 PM »

Bollocks.  I'll admit that doing so would be inconvenient and quite possibly painful financially depending on how they went about doing it, but to save the life of my child I'd certainly do it.  Clearly he either doesn't believe it's essential to his daughter not dying or he's breaking the law and procuring it for her anyway, hopefully the latter in this case.  But even then, he should be doing that only as a stopgap measure until they move.  Gambling with jail and/or my child's life that the law will be changed when there is an alternative is a profoundly stupid thing to do.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2013, 02:43:04 PM »

Well, Christie will allow Medical Pot for Children, just breaking.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies