2008 Candidates Of The Week #1
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 03:36:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  2008 Candidates Of The Week #1
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Who would you vote for / who would win?
Clark/Clark

Clark/Giuliani

Giuliani/Giuliani

Giuliani/Clark

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 35

Author Topic: 2008 Candidates Of The Week #1  (Read 5616 times)
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2005, 04:15:36 PM »
« edited: March 01, 2005, 04:22:30 PM by nickshepDEM »

"beat the sh**t" out of Bush during primary season...

Hey, at least he was being honest.  I like that (LOL). However, I will admit he is a little bit of a loose cannon, but Im sure he has learned alot and matured some since his first campaign.

Other than Sanford, who are you warming up to as the 2008 Republican nominee?  Or should I say... Keeping an eye on?
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2005, 05:26:53 PM »

"beat the sh**t" out of Bush during primary season...

Hey, at least he was being honest.  I like that (LOL). However, I will admit he is a little bit of a loose cannon, but Im sure he has learned alot and matured some since his first campaign.

Other than Sanford, who are you warming up to as the 2008 Republican nominee?  Or should I say... Keeping an eye on?

I am interested in Pawlenty but haven't really seen him speak. Huckabee is not your ideal Presidential candidate in some ways but he's done some really good things in Arkansas... and in his personal life, he was diagnosed with diabetes so he lost 100 lbs, getting rid of the disease. Health is a big problem of course in the US and he's made that a priority, along with building high-tech infastructure.

Allen and Romney are OK, but Sanford and Pawlenty seem to have the edge in terms of politics and electability-- which is rare. A lot of time left though... Kyl could be an interesting candidate.
Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2005, 07:10:42 PM »

So anyways, feel free to disagree with me, point out ways I'm wrong, etc., but please keep in mind I'm not really a partisan hack... not a member of the RNC, not a Bush voter EVER, not a $$ donor. I did some work in the 2002 elections in SC, not too much in 2004.

It's great to see a real conservative. I never understood how right-wingers could support a big spender like Bush.
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2005, 07:50:32 PM »

I'm no fan of Rudy's Presidential aspirations, but I think that he could handlClark with ease.   

Clark looked like the savior of the Democrat Party when he was toying with the idea of running back in 2004.  However, the moment he opened his mouth, Kerry began to look like a safe, albeit, boring choice. 

Two cases in point.  No, wait, make that three:

Clark tries to ignite war iwth Russia over Kosovo.  Not good!

Clark wants to run as Republican until White House doesn't return his calls (of which there is no proof that he even made calls to the White House).  Menatal stability issues?

Clark gets cozy with Michael Moore.  C'mon already!  That may sit well with the Democrat base, the the average American thinks Moore is a sleaze.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2005, 07:56:31 PM »

I'm no fan of Rudy's Presidential aspirations, but I think that he could handlClark with ease.   

Clark looked like the savior of the Democrat Party when he was toying with the idea of running back in 2004.  However, the moment he opened his mouth, Kerry began to look like a safe, albeit, boring choice. 

Clark wants to run as Republican until White House doesn't return his calls (of which there is no proof that he even made calls to the White House).  Menatal stability issues?

Clark gets cozy with Michael Moore.  C'mon already!  That may sit well with the Democrat base, the the average American thinks Moore is a sleaze.

Got any more Clark myths?
YRABNNRM
YoungRepub
Atlas Icon
United States
Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: -6.09

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2005, 08:19:55 PM »

By myths you mean facts right?
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2005, 08:26:10 PM »

By myths you mean facts right?

Umm, no.
War with Russia: myth
Unreturned phone calls: myth
Michael Moore: who cares?
Notre Dame rules!

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2005, 09:23:47 PM »

The base of the Democrat Party may not see anything wrong with Michael Moore, but the average American sees him as a 'sleaze' at best, a 'traitor' at worst.

Clark, himself, made the claim that he called the White House, and that Bush and  his evil genius Rove failed to return his calls.  However, a quick check of the White House phone log shows no calls made by Clark.  Who's lying? Clark, or the White House operator?  My guess is Clark.

The former commander of Brit forces in Kosovo could have made the whole thing up, but it seems much more likely that Clark, given his pattern of irrational behavior, is a loose cannon--capable of anything.  Why else was he fired from his position by his good friend Bill?
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2005, 09:30:28 PM »

The former commander of Brit forces in Kosovo could have made the whole thing up, but it seems much more likely that Clark, given his pattern of irrational behavior, is a loose cannon--capable of anything.  Why else was he fired from his position by his good friend Bill?

Ive debunked this British General "Wack Jacko" WWIII myth too many times.  Its someone else's turn.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2005, 10:35:35 PM »

I voted Giuliani/Clark.  I don't really trust Clark; it's that Republican thing back about 4 years ago...  Seeing that, I just could never bring myself to vote for him.  And I kindof like Giuliani.
ian

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: -1.39

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2005, 10:37:13 PM »

I voted Giuliani/Clark.  I don't really trust Clark; it's that Republican thing back about 4 years ago...  Seeing that, I just could never bring myself to vote for him.  And I kindof like Giuliani.

Oh, and Clark would win because the whole of America is not ready for a moderate Republican, especially against a southerner like Clark.
Bunnybrit
Rookie

« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »

I liked Clark and thought he would have been a good candidate against Bush last year but I think he entered the race to late as he didnt declare untill September 2003 and made the mistake of not running in Iowa. If he does win the race for Governor in 2006 he will a power base and doesnt make mistakes like he did last year he could have a chance. Also dont forget Dean had meetings with him about becoming his running mate if had gotten the nomination, thats a good what if on its own!!!!
Anyway he could run but I dont see in the first tier of candidates.
TheWildCard
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #37 on: March 03, 2005, 04:43:11 PM »

1.)   Will they run?
For Rudy yes he could very well/

For Clark its possible not likely if Hillary runs but possible

2.)   Can they receive their party’s nomination?
For Rudy it would be very hard but I think he could pull it off.

For Wes he encounters the same problems as Rudy its tough to get pass the primaries. He's a Democrats, he is a General, its an anti war party. Not to mention Clark has a real problem with making gaffes

3.)   How would they do in the general election?
I believe Rudy could win against a majority of candidates that would get thrown at him including Clark.

Clark is a hard sell I do believe it would be hard sell.

4.)   Who would win in a head to head dual between this week’s candidates? (Map's?!?!?)

Rudy Giuliani 286
Wes Clark 252

NY, NC, VA, LA & AR are the toss ups

5.)   What is your overall assessment of both candidates?
Rudy is a strong charismatic leader/ If he picks a mid-west candidate o a southern candidate he should do fine in the General. He is also one of the very few Rep.s who could win NY

Clark is an unpolished candidate. He needs some work but he could do very well.
No more McShame
FuturePrez R-AZ

« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2005, 05:41:24 PM »

For each candidate…

1.)   Will they run?
4.)   Who would win in a head to head dual between this week’s candidates? (Map's?!?!?)

1) High proability of both candidates running.
2) Both cases NO.  Clark is too inept of a campaigner and Rudy is too socially liberal.
3) Rudy would be great in a general election.  Clark would still be an inept campaigner
4) Rudy wins 430-108.  Clark only wins his homestate of Ark and the staunchest Dem strongholds of  CA, IL, DC, RI, MA, & VT.
5) Clark is an all-around weak candidate and Rudy would be excellent in the general election but has virtually no chance of surviving the primaries.  Comments like no ban on partial birth will kill him.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix

« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2005, 06:12:46 PM »

For each candidate…

1.)   Will they run?

3) Rudy would be great in a general election.  Clark would still be an inept campaigner
4) Rudy wins 430-108.  Clark only wins his homestate of Ark and the staunchest Dem strongholds of  CA, IL, DC, RI, MA, & VT.

3)  You forgot that if somehow Giuliani was to slip through the cracks and get the nomination.  A third party candidate would definitley run to the right of him and pull at least 4-5%.  That would cripple his campaign.

4.) As a Maryland Ressident I can tell you Clark would win Maryland.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies