"Louisiana Gov Wraps Up Cuba Trip After Lunch With Castro"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:54:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  "Louisiana Gov Wraps Up Cuba Trip After Lunch With Castro"
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: "Louisiana Gov Wraps Up Cuba Trip After Lunch With Castro"  (Read 1158 times)
Storebought
YaBB God
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 12, 2005, 01:38:04 PM »
« edited: March 12, 2005, 02:16:19 PM by Storebought »

The toxic moron that LA elected over Bobby Jindal in the 2003 Governor's Race had a recent 'nonpolitical discussion' with Cuba's communist dicator:

http://www.nola.com/newsflash/louisiana/index.ssf?/base/international-0/1110490620101400.xml&storylist=louisiana

We talked about a vast array of issues that are of common concern to both of us," Blanco told reporters at the airport before heading home. "He focused on good nutrition, on agriculture on oil and gas. These are very timely issues."

So the governor visits the only Latin American country (besides Venezuela) whose government engineers shortages of food and fuel among its population. I guess Blanco thought that Louisiana's government wasn't efficient enough at providing mass poverty as thoroughly as Cuba.

Castro also talked about health care, but "there were no political issues discussed," Blanco said

How that woman could conceive that a "discussion" about socialized health care in a Communist country is not political beggars the imagination. Least of all since Castro routinely bloviates about the superiority of Cuba's health care "system" over the US's.

"Hemingway's writing made everyone want to come to Cuba," said the governor, who arrived Tuesday and clinched a deal Wednesday in which the Cuban government agreed to purchase $15 million in food sales from Louisiana in the next year

But when the Communist overran Cuba, Hemingway had the sense to abandon that soon-to-be miserable island for the Florida Keys.

Blanco expressed satisfaction with her visit, calling it "very dimensional" and "revealing."
"You see that there's a struggle," she said of Cuba. "But when you sit down and talk to people, you can bridge a lot of gaps and create new alliances."

Maybe that struggle you see on the government officials' faces arises from their efforts to contain all 11.3 million captives on the prison island.

But it stands to reason the idiot Blanco would choose to travel to Cuba for an economic trip. Others governors of her ilk made the trip as well:

Blanco is the fourth U.S. governor to travel to Cuba. The first, George Ryan of Illinois, came on a similar trade mission in 1999. Governors John Hoeven, of North Dakota, and Jesse Ventura, of Minnesota, also have led trade delegations here in recent years.

Until now, I just thought Blanco was a 61-y-o paperweight of a governor, incapable of leading Louisiana out of the economic iron age. I misjudged her: she is morally depraved, cuddling up to a murderer who spends 5 1/2 hours making a speech about how he provided 'free' electric rice cookers to Cuba's poor, even though they have neither electricity nor rice.

Blanco is Louisiana's answer to Patty Murray
M

« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2005, 02:07:25 PM »

Truly sickening. Louisiana is one of my very favorite states, and I hope that someone patriotic and smart will finish off Blanco and Landrieu asap.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 02:30:18 PM »

I oppose teh stupid embargo and have no problems with this.
Brandon H
brandonh
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.48, S: 1.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 04:22:20 PM »

Well I think the biggest issue that will affect whether or not Blanco is re-elected is if the Saints stay in New Orleans. They have been threatening to leave if they do not get a new stadium. Things have been looking betterin the negotiations, but if the Saints to leave (probably to LA, Cal.) then Blanco has no shot at getting re-elected.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2005, 04:28:07 PM »

Why don't you people whine more about Bush meeting with Karimov of Uzbekistan who is way worse than Castro?
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2005, 01:58:09 AM »

Why don't you people whine more about Bush meeting with Karimov of Uzbekistan who is way worse than Castro?

Castro didn't help us topple the Taliban.
AuH2O
YaBB God

« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2005, 02:34:53 AM »

Landrieu was probably hot back in the day. But yeah she sucks, though Blanco sucks more.
KEmperor
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.00, S: -0.05

« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2005, 02:36:16 AM »

Glad I voted for Jindal.
CARLHAYDEN
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.38, S: -0.51

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2005, 08:53:44 PM »

Blanco may have been the last in a line of 'white woman gambit' candidates the Ds in Louisiana used to avoid being beaten by the Rs.

Once elected to office, its hard to maintain the 'poor little magnolia blossom' who shouldn't be expected to answer tought (realistic) questions.

Rob
Bob
Junior Chimp
United States
Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -9.39

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2005, 09:03:42 PM »

I still think she's better than Jindal would have been.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 10:12:39 PM »

That completely clears up Karimov's utterly atrocious human rights record right? Stalin helped us beat the Nazis, so I guess he's a good guy too.
The Duke
JohnD.Ford
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: -1.23

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2005, 10:16:32 PM »

That completely clears up Karimov's utterly atrocious human rights record right? Stalin helped us beat the Nazis, so I guess he's a good guy too.

Not at all, but I don't mind FDR having a meeting with Stalin at Yalta.  I never said he was good, or bad for that matter.  I do think it justifies the fact that you meet with one and not the other, and I also think it makes Karimov better than Castro, though not necessarily good.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies