Programs to cut... (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:15:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Programs to cut... (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Programs to cut...  (Read 5217 times)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« on: March 01, 2005, 05:55:19 PM »

You really don't have a clue do you, ay Mike?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 06:02:50 PM »

Why do you want to cute benign programs?  And shouldn't you being the one deciding which programs to cut, since you are the Senator proposing it?

By the look of this he's never bothered to look at how the Senate does things and as a result doesn't have a clue how to do the job he legally stole from someone who did know what he was doing.

My guess is that his woeful ignorance will be funny for about a day.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2005, 06:14:44 PM »

Why not talk about serious stuff instead of insults.

Mike: all you ever do is insult people. Here's an example: you have repeatedly and falsely claimed that I am a member of the KKK.

Know what Mike? That sort of thing upsets people.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2005, 06:27:08 PM »

Al, I've read your posts.  You basically worship on the altar of Sen. Robert Byrd of West Virginia, former Grand Master of the KKK and the only man left in the Senate who voted against the Civil Rights Act and the Voting Rights Act.

Worship on an altar? I never knew I did that. I happen to respect the guy for his work on economic development, not for him being a member of the KKK in the '40's (this is getting off topic though).

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Except for the fact that I'm not a member of the KKK, have never been a member of the KKK, will never be a member of the KKK and happen to be pretty insulted at being described as a member of the KKK?
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2005, 06:18:10 PM »

Budget stuff never passes. You just end up wasting weeks trying to make a compromise, which in the end all the people you've been trying to get a deal with decided don't fit within their narrow ideological spectrum and it goes down to defeat in a public poll.

Yes, I'm bitter about that...
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2005, 03:13:14 AM »

Al, your Budget Amendment didn't pass the voters' because it was vague and badly written.  I said so when I voted against it and many others did too, from both sides of the political spectrum..

Something can and will be worked out on this issue.

It was vauge because it was a compromise.

Maybe people's attitude's towards a budget (which back then seemed to be demanding not on penny overspend or opposed to a budget...) have moderated and matured so that's not a problem anymore.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies