Tmthforu94/TDAS04: For a Stronger Mideast (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 12:46:40 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Tmthforu94/TDAS04: For a Stronger Mideast (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Tmthforu94/TDAS04: For a Stronger Mideast  (Read 10029 times)
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« on: November 07, 2013, 09:28:29 PM »
« edited: November 07, 2013, 09:54:37 PM by ProgressiveCapitalist »

Something else to consider...

This isn't the only fantasy government game on the internet. There are dozens of others, and I participate in a few. I don't think it would be a terrible idea to try and recruit members from those sites onto here. They have experience with fantasy government's so they wouldn't be a zombie, and since they obviously like politics, they'd also be contributing to other parts of the forum. The only obstacle with this is that I don't know how they'd feel about having to wait 2 weeks and gain 50 posts elsewhere before joining.

Update: I have messaged several members on other fantasy games about joining Atlasia. At least two people have registered for the site, though neither have made the eligibility requirements yet.
I guess the point I really want to make is that you can either lead by example or be led by the example of others.

If you had said you strongly believe in off-site recruitment and will work hard to convince people of its merits, I could respect that, even if I disagree. That is leading by example. That is starting a real discussion to move the ball forward. Instead, you're just saying that the status quo environment isn't good for off-site recruitment so you won't do it. If I had your attitude when Marokai and I proposed a new Constitution, it never would have gotten off the ground.

EDIT: Just as an example, you yourself came around to the idea of a Constitutional Convention only after we pressed the issue and made our case to the public. The only reason we got it done was because we engaged people in the discussion, rather than simply accepting the status quo.

How I answer one question in no way determines whether or not I'd lead by example. I believe off-site recruitment can work, and have been making that case to various Atlasians for months. When I become President, I will use that role to also help promote it, and hopefully, if enough support it, it'll occure.

And for the record, I was never against the Constitutional Convention until the very end, when was only being led by a couple people and not a lot was happening. I appreciate the great job y'all did at consolodating the amendments and making an easier to read document, as well as your great wiki edits. As President, I will build off accomplishments of previous administrations and seek to pass real game improvements, as well as actually play the game, which will hopefully stimulate activity in the game. Those details will be outlined within days.
You must be logged in to read this quote.

I think it may have been a bit of a rash decision that he will later regret. I do not appreciate his false statement that I recruited off-site zombies to the game - what's ironic was that "scandal" occurred years before he even registered. I think Griffin often paints himself as the victim and cannot realize his own faults.

Could you expand on this?
I became fully engaged in the game in June 2009 (I had registered a few months before). Upon joining, I was a young kid who was new and very naive as to what was going on. I recruited a person from another forum to join as well, because I thought she would enjoy it just as much as I did. She quickly registered and cast one vote, which was in the June 2009 election. Shortly after, the privately notified me that she simply didn't have an interest in the forum, and stopped posting all-together.

This is the off-site recruiting that Griffin tried to attack me on, and I hope everyone else can realize that this is just as silly as I do. Griffin seems to have an addiction to attacking any successful conservative, and I think it will be good for everyone with him gone.

Hmmm.....
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2013, 04:40:30 AM »

Someone has a lot of time on their hands. Imagine the possibilities if you actually used that effort to do the job you were elected to do!

Saying something might work doesn't mean you actually go through with it. During a slow period in Atlasia, there was actually a time when quite a few Atlasians were arguing the merits of off-site recruiting. The question was how many people I recruited to join Atlasia, and the answer was and remains to be a single person. You're trying too hard.

Lay off the sage
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2013, 06:34:11 PM »

I have to admit I'm somewhat responsible for introducing it on the forum, by running Snowstalker against Napoleon. If I could only know the monster that would be created.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies