VA-Rasmussen: McAuliffe+7
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 09:08:16 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  VA-Rasmussen: McAuliffe+7
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: VA-Rasmussen: McAuliffe+7  (Read 1724 times)
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 06, 2013, 11:59:47 AM »
« edited: September 06, 2013, 04:32:39 PM by Dave Leip »

The latest Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of Likely Virginia Voters finds McAuliffe with 45% support to Cuccinelli’s 38%.

7% prefer some other candidate, while 10% remain unsure.

The survey of 998 Likely Voters in Virginia was conducted on September 3-4, 2013 by Rasmussen Reports. The margin of sampling error is +/- 3 percentage points with a 95% level of confidence. Fieldwork for all Rasmussen Reports surveys is conducted by Pulse Opinion Research, LLC.

Link
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2013, 12:02:44 PM »

Dominating.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 12:05:07 PM »

Wow.  This party looks over.  The only way back for Cuccinelli that I could see would be a massive explosion of McAuliffe's Greentech controversy.
Landslide Lyndon
px75
Atlas Star
Greece

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »

I wonder why krazey didn't post this poll.
Skill and Chance
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2013, 12:08:06 PM »

If he goes on to win by an Obama 2008/Kaine 2012 margin, it will be very interesting to compare the maps.  McAuliffe is basically generic D and it would be very instructive for 2016 to see how a generic D winning coalition in VA differs from Obama's.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2013, 03:19:09 PM »

Wow.  This party looks over.  The only way back for Cuccinelli that I could see would be a massive explosion of McAuliffe's Greentech controversy.

Two months left. It's not an insurmountable lead, though the trends are in McAuliffe's favor.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2013, 03:22:24 PM »

Fantastic news!
Eraserhead
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2013, 11:40:05 PM »

The Republican is really this big of disaster? It's a rhetorical question but losing big to Terry McAuliffe is pretty pathetic.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2013, 08:14:45 PM »

If he goes on to win by an Obama 2008/Kaine 2012 margin, it will be very interesting to compare the maps.  McAuliffe is basically generic D and it would be very instructive for 2016 to see how a generic D winning coalition in VA differs from Obama's.

African American turnout in proportion to the electorate might be down a little, NOVA is going to be VERY ugly for Cuccinelli
hopper
United States

« Reply #9 on: September 20, 2013, 08:26:03 PM »

The Republican is really this big of disaster? It's a rhetorical question but losing big to Terry McAuliffe is pretty pathetic.
Cuccinelli is too conservative on social issues I think. That's what is killing him here. I don't think McAulliffe is gonna be as popular as his predecessors D or R were. He only has name recognition because he is associated with The Clinton's. VA has a good records of good governors: Allen, Warner, and Kaine but this is not the best choice.
Pessimistic Antineutrino
Pessimistic Antineutrino
United States

« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2013, 08:48:08 PM »

I actually don't mind McAuliffe winning, because Cuccinelli would most likely set up a massive disaster for Republicans come 2020, what with redistricting.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: September 20, 2013, 09:21:16 PM »

I actually don't mind McAuliffe winning, because Cuccinelli would most likely set up a massive disaster for Republicans come 2020, what with redistricting.

Cuccinelli would be out of office after 2017...

The Governor elected in 2021 would likely be signing the redistricting maps.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2013, 10:24:24 PM »

Cuccinelli is too conservative on social issues I think. That's what is killing him here. I don't think McAulliffe is gonna be as popular as his predecessors D or R were. He only has name recognition because he is associated with The Clinton's. VA has a good records of good governors: Allen, Warner, and Kaine but this is not the best choice.

For the GOP to win in VA, they need to be competitive in NOVA.  The problem for the GOP in VA is in many ways comparable to the problems they have nationwide.  The base has gone so far to the right they nominate candidates that are way too far right for areas they need to win or at least be competitive in.  McAuliffe is by no means a strong candidate and he might not excite his base the way Cuccinelli excites his base.  However, he doesn't scare the crap out of everyone else, Cuccinelli scares the living hell out of those in NOVA and basically everyone else outside of the GOP base.  The sad thing is, the rest of the ticket especially Jackson is even more bats*** crazy than Cuccinelli is, and that is a difficult to pull off.
Cryptic
Shadowlord88

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -6.09

« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2013, 05:44:13 AM »

Excellent news!
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies