1.01.10 - The Imposition - (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 01:54:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  1.01.10 - The Imposition - (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 1.01.10 - The Imposition -  (Read 26697 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« on: September 13, 2013, 10:35:50 PM »

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2013, 05:45:21 PM »

Don’t look for any of these
Magical Math Machine’s
at your local office supply,

their located in
the pharmacy’s condom section
where the products are empty
till you enter your own best results.  

What do you guys think of this poem?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 11:28:25 PM »

Gotta be honest, I figured out this was a countdown only today.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2013, 11:53:51 PM »
« Edited: September 18, 2013, 11:58:59 PM by badgate »

Thank you, I just danced around to the whole video
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 01:29:38 AM »

WE are officially now in the dissention zone.
  Obama has once again adjusted his rules with the extended “get in line with me to avoid penalties” to March. Calendar printers are instructed for correct dating and allowable day recognitions, January 1, 1 oc.
    Last days of liberty parties are being organized by enrollment officials, much like the music arrangements on the Titanic and with the Holocaust.     

Please confirm that you are suggesting next year will begin a new era resetting the year count and it will be called Obamacare
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 03:26:17 PM »

I firmly believe "The Final Countdown" should be the official song.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:08:42 AM »

Something about this space talk makes me think of this book series. Did anybody else read it?

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 01:55:29 AM »

"allegedly college educated"

I just realized that this is also a countdown to the shutdown. O-Day indeed.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2013, 01:21:06 AM »

Day 11 of The Presence
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 08:36:48 PM »

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2013/10/24/obamacare_operator_fired_after_taking_call_from_hannity_hannity_to_give_her_a_years_salary.html

An Obamacare operator was fired after she blurted out that no one liked the new health insurance program during a live interview with conservative radio host Sean Hannity, it was reported Thursday.

Good. Her job isn't to give television interviews
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2013, 08:55:18 PM »

Ideally: Republicans, for refusing HHS's request for more money to prepare for the roll out. The contractors, for turning in an unfinished product (unlikely since these companies do a lot of other work for the gov't). And, somebody at CMSM. I don't think Sebelius should resign or be fired because it's obvious the Republicans would make it hard to get a new HHS Sec confirmed. But if she did resign, Obama should nominate Mitt Romney. He did after all successfully launch RomneyCare. And it would be hilarious to see Republicans react to that.

Ezra Klein put it very astutely today:
Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2013, 07:34:35 PM »

Yet again t_host writes poetry:

You must be logged in to read this quote.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2013, 05:23:07 PM »

It's like an abstract piece of art. It's whatever you want it to be.

You mean like the Update?

Like ARTPOP
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2013, 05:22:31 PM »

But that's not a yes or no question.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2013, 03:39:11 PM »

But that's not a yes or no question.
oh, ...hum - so, yes I think more people will benefit  from the repeal of ACA than that of DADT, no?

No
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2013, 12:34:09 AM »

For all that are wondering if there is a statue of limitations to the progressive purpose; no, just the Clinton and Obama memorials.     

Sadly, language mistakes like this are a diamond dozen in this doggy-dog world.

http://youtu.be/g68KgoHWupg
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2013, 12:41:51 AM »
« Edited: November 14, 2013, 12:43:24 AM by badgate »

I feel like this beautiful free-form thread is a place for any of us to share our Obamacare antidotes.

So, you all know I support this law. More importantly, I actually like it. Anyway, I was cashiering this woman at work today and she was wearing glasses. I noticed and commented on the fact that one side was missing the part that goes over your ear. We chatted, and I said "you know I recently read that with these new health care plans you get a free eye exam and your corrective lenses are free now, every single year." I swear to God she looked like she wanted to scream. She stammered something like "Yeah...well...at least something positive...uh...comes out of what that..." I realized she was annoyed I had presented her with positive information about the Affordable Care Act. So I said "Yeah, it's such a great law! Here's your receipt. Have a great day!!" Then she left.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2013, 05:01:55 PM »

I feel like this beautiful free-form thread is a place for any of us to share our Obamacare antidotes.

So, you all know I support this law. More importantly, I actually like it. Anyway, I was cashiering this woman at work today and she was wearing glasses. I noticed and commented on the fact that one side was missing the part that goes over your ear. We chatted, and I said "you know I recently read that with these new health care plans you get a free eye exam and your corrective lenses are free now, every single year." I swear to God she looked like she wanted to scream. She stammered something like "Yeah...well...at least something positive...uh...comes out of what that..." I realized she was annoyed I had presented her with positive information about the Affordable Care Act. So I said "Yeah, it's such a great law! Here's your receipt. Have a great day!!" Then she left.

Why wasn't the goods or services that you wrote a receipt for, free? Odds are, annoyance of her would not of been a the event for you, giving a better illustration of the eventual outcomes.

Gosh I don't know, why aren't things sold in retail stores free? That's a puzzler.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2013, 02:12:12 AM »

Badger makes a point, it's a flaw of this poll that it lets the questioner define "familiar."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2013, 03:35:51 AM »

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2013, 10:25:56 PM »

I thought we were just posting surrealism in general.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2013, 02:12:45 AM »

The thread's medium has transformed from the written word to visual art.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2014, 08:12:30 PM »

I never thought I'd live to see something as monumental as the beginning of a new calendar
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 07:12:23 PM »

Is t_host an actual person? I'm starting to wonder whether he's just a spambot created by Freerepublic.

His posts do occasionally remind me of the twitter account Sarah jessica Spambot: https://twitter.com/SJSpambot

@SJSpambot: Samantha introduced me to the power players in the PR world, Good Day To You my name is John by Name I have Project For u bank info required

@SJSpambot: Last call was a close call. Just when I thought I'd go home alone, APPROVAL DEPARTMENT sent me $400 loan now i have a PS2
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #24 on: January 07, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »

@SJSpambot Meanwhile at the Met, Big's emotions went from expressionist to minimalist. How does one paint the perfect TACOBELL giftcard (chalupa on us)
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies