Poll: Nearly half of likely Michigan voters favor legalizing, taxing pot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:42:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Poll: Nearly half of likely Michigan voters favor legalizing, taxing pot
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Poll: Nearly half of likely Michigan voters favor legalizing, taxing pot  (Read 885 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 15, 2013, 08:20:09 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
Detroit Free Press

It's a NORML poll, of course, so you kind of have to take it with a grain of salt.  Still, if Louisiana voters support pot legalization, I wouldn't be at all surprised if their numbers were accurate.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2013, 08:38:03 PM »

Good for them it will help their financial situation.
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2013, 09:27:55 PM »

Could help Detroit recover; turn it into the Seattle of Michigan.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2013, 09:30:52 AM »

they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2013, 12:58:38 PM »

Very enlightening contribution.

Numbers don't seem that odd actually. Would like to see a poll from a more neutral source.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2013, 01:07:02 PM »

Very enlightening contribution.

Numbers don't seem that odd actually. Would like to see a poll from a more neutral source.

Sorry but I'm just laughing. You, the guy who posts some awfuls topics, and you tell me "very enlightening contribution". Funny Smiley.

"..."= Sad
I just wanted to say I wasn't happy with this poll. No more, No less.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2013, 12:21:39 AM »

Yes, because marijuana is sooooooooooooooo dangerous.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2013, 04:06:32 AM »

Unfortunately for opponents, the momentum appears to be on the side of legalization.  The good news for them, however, is that they may continue to express their objections to marijuana by not smoking it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2013, 05:55:38 AM »

I'm surprised, sometimes you can make good posts Smiley.
Unfortunately for opponents, the momentum appears to be on the side of legalization.  The good news for them, however, is that they may continue to express their objections to marijuana by not smoking it.

But you know, I don't it's really an important issue for many people. Personally I'm against legalization but I won't become depressive if it's legalized. I'm not an internet libertarian. My main issues aren't "drugs", "against Syria intervention" like some persons on this forum who are supporting Amash because of these issues. And of course, the fact that Amash is probably extremely far to the right economically doesn't bother them.

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2013, 11:23:47 AM »

Sarcasm. What exactly is so dangerous about marijuana that requires its criminalization? What terrible things are going to befall Colorado and Washington now?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:45 AM »

But you know, I don't it's really an important issue for many people. Personally I'm against legalization but I won't become depressive if it's legalized. I'm not an internet libertarian. My main issues aren't "drugs", "against Syria intervention" like some persons on this forum who are supporting Amash because of these issues. And of course, the fact that Amash is probably extremely far to the right economically doesn't bother them.

You shouldn't be depressed.  Why would you be depressed?  If you don't smoke marijuana, the legality of it won't impact your life at all.  However, it will impact people who are thrown in prison day by day for nothing more than smoking a plant.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2013, 12:11:52 PM »

Sarcasm. What exactly is so dangerous about marijuana that requires its criminalization? What terrible things are going to befall Colorado and Washington now?

I know it was sarcasm Smiley. People shouldn't be allowed to smoke Marijuana, because I believe it causes some problems and I consider it would cause more problems after legalization.

You shouldn't be depressed.  Why would you be depressed?  If you don't smoke marijuana, the legality of it won't impact your life at all.  However, it will impact people who are thrown in prison day by day for nothing more than smoking a plant.

Yes, that's why I'm not depressed about that, I just disagree, it's not a main issue.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2013, 12:40:31 PM »

Favoring legalization would provide an excellent opportunity for the GOP to win back the youth vote.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2013, 01:05:51 PM »

I know it was sarcasm Smiley. People shouldn't be allowed to smoke Marijuana, because I believe it causes some problems and I consider it would cause more problems after legalization.

Yes, that's why I'm not depressed about that, I just disagree, it's not a main issue.

So you think people should be put in jail for smoking a plant?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2013, 01:09:49 PM »

windy, I thought you were not decided on marijuana?
greenforest32

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.43

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2013, 11:38:54 PM »

http://blog.norml.org/2013/09/16/us-marijuana-arrests-remain-largely-unchanged-in-2012/

You must be logged in to read this quote.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2013, 02:31:47 PM »

No

BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2013, 09:48:29 PM »

No

So do you want marijuana legal or not then?
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies