Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:40:33 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: ...
Starbucks

Dunkin Donuts

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 77

Author Topic: Starbucks vs. Dunkin Donuts  (Read 11194 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2013, 05:51:43 PM »

Anyone who thinks Starbucks is better than Dunkin Donuts clearly hasn't tried this.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2013, 08:04:48 PM »

Anyone who thinks Starbucks is better than Dunkin Donuts clearly hasn't tried this.

putting all that white stuff on coffee is a bit like putting cream cheese on a bagel, or milk on cereal.  I know it's all the rage, but I just don't care for anything that comes out of a cows tits.  (Although I do appreciate the tender, juicy goodness rest of their bodies.)

Coffee should be like Cleveland just after Loretta left him:  hot, black, and bitter. 

I'm not such a purist when it comes to ale, though.  I've been known to enjoy a cold one with things like blueberries and bits of pumpkin floating around in it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2013, 08:44:25 PM »

Starbucks. I don't go to Dunkin Donut
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2013, 09:28:03 PM »

Coffee should be like Cleveland just after Loretta left him:  hot, black, and bitter. 

Sigged.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2013, 12:16:08 AM »

Dunkin' Donuts, black hot coffee
or if I'm in a good mood or it's a special day
Dunkin' Donuts, iced blueberry coffee
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2013, 01:00:55 AM »

I don't drink coffee, and I wouldn't want to get coffee from a chain anyway (foodie wanker)
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2013, 04:38:02 AM »
« Edited: September 19, 2013, 04:44:57 AM by opebo »

I don't drink coffee, and I wouldn't want to get coffee from a chain anyway (foodie wanker)

You're not much of a 'foodie' if you don't drink coffee.

I know it's all the rage, but I just don't care for anything that comes out of a cows tits.

What the heck?  You don't eat CHEESE?!  Good lord man what are you?  What do you eat between your main course and your espresso?

Un repas sans fromage est une belle à qui il manque un œil

angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2013, 11:34:51 AM »

Un repas sans fromage est une belle à qui il manque un œil

Never really thought of it that way.  And I'd wager that the East Asians with whom you frolic haven't either.  For a man of the world you surprise me with your provincial attitudes sometimes.  In any case, cognac generally follows the main course.  (I'm not really a fan of sweets either, although I do enjoy the occasional espresso.)

As for cheese, I guess it might be among the few dairy products that I enjoy from time to time.  I also like yogurt and, infrequently, ice cream.  Among those three I do eat cheese more often.  
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2013, 03:01:29 PM »

I've never had a Starbucks donut, are they any good?
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #34 on: September 20, 2013, 03:21:51 PM »

Never really thought of it that way.  And I'd wager that the East Asians with whom you frolic haven't either.  For a man of the world you surprise me with your provincial attitudes sometimes.  In any case, cognac generally follows the main course.  (I'm not really a fan of sweets either, although I do enjoy the occasional espresso.)

As for cheese, I guess it might be among the few dairy products that I enjoy from time to time.  I also like yogurt and, infrequently, ice cream.  Among those three I do eat cheese more often.  

Don't get me wrong, I'm talking about a 'proper meal' (by that I mean a French meal).  Of course Thai food is delicious in its own way, and doesn't involve any cheese or milk products at all, but lets not be excessive cultural relativists here..
Torie
Moderators
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -4.70

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2013, 03:58:24 PM »

I can't believe the donut option is winning around here. No wonder the US is a nation of fats!
patrick1
Junior Chimp

« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2013, 06:24:14 PM »

I can't believe the donut option is winning around here. No wonder the US is a nation of fats!

I don't eat donuts, but voted DD because I actually like their coffee better. I'm a simple guy though and tend not to drink the fancier variety of coffees. I'll usually take it black- maybe with a dash of 2%.  That said they can both be overpriced.  For one of my many caffeine fixes, I daily bring a thermos of coffee brewed at home, throw it in the freezer at work and have myself a nice, cheap iced coffee when nice and cold. Saves the 3 bucks and change on what is essentially a cup of ice.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2013, 06:36:06 PM »

Dunkin Donuts by default. They have decent bagels and coffee and there's one right down the road from me, but I only stop by maybe two or three times a year. I've never been to Starbucks.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #38 on: September 21, 2013, 11:45:44 AM »

I'm astounded.  I know a Frenchman who claims he's never been in a McDonalds, but an american not having visited a Starbuckery.  Amazing.
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: September 21, 2013, 11:49:55 AM »

I haven't been to Dunkin Donuts in a while, and I can't recall if I've ever gone to a Starbucks at all. I remember getting huge cinnamon rolls and apple crisps or whatever at Dunkin, so Hell yeah.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
Atlas Superstar
Colombia

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #40 on: September 21, 2013, 12:09:57 PM »

write-in: Tim Horton's
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #41 on: September 21, 2013, 01:39:15 PM »

Write-in: Krispy Kreme
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: September 22, 2013, 12:39:02 AM »

Dunkin Donuts seems to be much more popular in the east. I myself have never been to one and I'm not planning on it.
angus
Atlas Icon
« Reply #43 on: September 23, 2013, 11:50:06 AM »

I don't eat donuts, but voted DD because I actually like their coffee better.

I too had assumed that the poll referred specifically to coffee.  I thought everyone did.  Maybe we need clarification of intent from the original poster.
memphis
Atlas Icon

« Reply #44 on: September 26, 2013, 05:00:37 PM »
« Edited: September 26, 2013, 05:02:43 PM by memphis »

I remember when I was a kid and gas stations were just beginning to change into the now ubiquitous convenience stores that also sell gas. The inside of gas stations were usually greasy and not nearly as bright and clean as they are now.  Exxon made some deal with Dunkin Donuts so that they sold their product inside the gas stations. It  must not have gone over well because it only lasted about a year or two. Anybody else remember this? It can't just have been in Memphis. Would have been about 1990 or so. After that, we didn't have any DD for about 20 years. They've recently opened a few stores around town. There are still way more Starbucks here though.
I hardly ever get donuts, but if I do, there's a local place, with just one East Memphis location, that I strongly prefer to the chains. The look of the place is quite dated, with plain hard booths and a giant neon sign, but they are the greatest. Conveniently located next to the Liquor and Wine Depot and across the street from Gus's Fried Chicken. Gibson's Donuts 4ever!
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2013, 05:17:16 PM »

Ideally Tim Horton's but I roll with Starbucks.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #46 on: September 26, 2013, 06:35:58 PM »

While I prefer local roastery type places (they have really good, really fresh regional coffees that have amazing flavor), I would say Starbucks. I always say I'm going to try DD but never do.

I have tried Dunkins and I just prefer Starbucks flavor over Dunkins. But the best coffee is at the local shops.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2013, 08:15:09 AM »

Dunkin' Donuts.  I had never been to one till I moved to Philadelphia as a grad student.  But their coffee is great.  Plus, I met my ex-wife at one--she worked there--so donuts and pastries weren't the only, or even the best, sweets at the joint.  Smiley  Starbucks is ok, and it's probably a good thing that there is no Dunkin Donuts where I live, as I might have weighed 400 pounds by now if there were.  But yeah, DD.
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2013, 05:49:29 PM »

I'm astounded.  I know a Frenchman who claims he's never been in a McDonalds, but an american not having visited a Starbuckery.  Amazing.

I, too, have never been to a Starbucks and indeed never even thought about it. I've never even had coffee at all.

Anyhow, Dunkin' wins by default because I kind of like their donuts, but I don't like them too much.
John Dibble
Atlas Icon
Japan

« Reply #49 on: September 30, 2013, 02:33:11 PM »

I don't drink coffee, but I do love donuts, so Dunkin between the two.

Still, there are lots of better places to get Donuts here in Atlanta. Aside from the obvious Krispy Kreme option being a better chain, there are numerous donut shops and bakeries that sell better donuts in the area.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies