***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:52:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11235 times)
Kitteh
drj101
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 08, 2013, 11:51:07 PM »

I have always stood by the Labor Party because I believe we are a different kind of party, fundamentally nothing like the "Progressive Union" or these other parties of the "left". Time and again Labor has shown itself to be the only party dedicated to real reform, the only party willing to stand up against those who will come out frothing at the mouth to denounce anyone fighting against the status quo.
But you registered as a Laborite a few days ago and the NMAM (I believe due to the political views of its members) is a leftist party that you have been registered since before I came into Atlasia..

Its clearly satire, she is mocking Labor.

But if she is, then why is she running for your party's nomination?
For the same reason she does everything in this game.

I'm guessing none of you remember when drj joined. She was recruited by me not too long after I joined and joined the Labor Party from the get-go. She served admirably in the Mideast Assembly and was the Labor nominee for Governor in the Mideast at one point (and did fairly well considering the make-up of the region at that time). She didn't join NM-AM until late May or June. Most people who are now or were in the NM-AM were Laborites at some point before that - which explains why we are so defensive of them. We remember our own.

Lots of people grow tired of being serious in this game. Drj's serious spirits were most likely crushed by that asshole Senator who is apparently too much for anyone to handle. Xahar at one point was a "Serious Person", too, until a bunch of assholes in the Pacific finally cockblocked him enough in the Pacific way back when. Between people like that, Napoleon, Hagrid, myself and plenty of others over the duration of the game's history, lots of people's dreams have been crushed and shattered. I can only hope that some of you will ultimately know dhese feels. Smiley

This is actually a great summary, thanks. The only thing I have left to add is that I've always considered myself a "fellow traveler" to this party-as evidenced by the fact that I've supported Labor candidates always if not in the first round than in the second and that I've helped plan and act out Labor strategies, on the IRC and elsewhere. To suggest that I'm mocking or have in any way a negative opinion of Labor is ridiculous.

One point that Adam made which is really important imo is the oft-repeated truism that everyone in this game long enough either quits (see the many now inactive in Atlasia but still very active in other places former Presidents and former Atlasian icons) or turns to loonyism. The only people who manage to dodge this trend are, um...special cases like Inks and Yankee. You'll notice that the PU is extremely disproportionately composed of newer members, while the NMAM is composed entirely of people who have been here at least moderately long. For all the talk of NMAM people not really caring about holding offices, the Movement has the highest average amount of time/number of offices served of any party in Atlasia. It's not that we (we being the collective less-than-soopr-srs coalition, not any one party) don't care, not one of us started out here as "trolls". It's that we've been here so long that we've gotten tired of all the bullsh!t.

That's actually a very good response, but do you plan on becoming a laborite for a while, or will you run with the NMAM as a candidate if you lose the primaries? (sorry for going a little bit off topic)

np, I haven't yet decided. I know I won't be supporting DemPGH, but I'm not sure if that means I'll be running independent/NMAM or just supporting someone else.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #151 on: October 09, 2013, 05:26:20 AM »

I also forgot to include a Mideast Senate endorsement vote -

[1] Talleyrand
[2] Mr. X
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #152 on: October 09, 2013, 08:42:20 AM »

Preezy of Atlasia:
[1] drj101
[2] Dr. Cynic / Adam Griffin
[3] DemPGH / SirNick

Not preffing Snowstalker as it seems he's withdrawn.

Mideast Senate:
[1] Talleyrand
[2] Mr. X
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #153 on: October 09, 2013, 08:59:11 AM »

I also forgot to include a Mideast Senate endorsement vote -

[1] Talleyrand
[2] Mr. X
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #154 on: October 09, 2013, 04:27:45 PM »

President

[2] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[1] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[4] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet

[3] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

Mideast Senate

[1] Former SoEA Talleyrand

[2] Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #155 on: October 09, 2013, 06:57:30 PM »

First Preference Votes:

DemPGH: 7
Dr. Cynic: 6
drj101: 6
Snowstalker: 1

Hypothetical Second Round:

DemPGH: 7
drj101: 7
Dr. Cynic: 6

Hypothetical Third Round:

DemPGH: 12
drj101: 7
Exhausted: 1
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #156 on: October 10, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »

By the looks of it when the polls close here in the next three hours, we'll have our clear choice for nominee. I want to take the time to thank everyone who ran for making it interesting.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #157 on: October 10, 2013, 04:34:35 PM »

President

[2] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[1] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[3] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet

[4] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

Mideast Senate

[1] Former SoEA Talleyrand

[2] Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #158 on: October 10, 2013, 06:59:16 PM »

President

[1] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[2] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[3] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet

[4] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

Mideast Senate

[2] Former SoEA Talleyrand

[1] Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #159 on: October 10, 2013, 07:10:43 PM »

Voting is closed:

Presidential Race 

22 Voters 

First Round:  DemPGH - 8 Dr. Cynic - 7 Drj101 - 6 Snowstalker - 1

Snowstalker is eliminated; first pref goes to Drj

Second Round:  DemPGH - 8 Dr. Cynic - 7 Drj101 - 7

Drj101 has fewest first prefs and is eliminated; first prefs go to DemPGH (2) and Dr Cynic (4)

Final Round:  DemPGH - 10 Dr. Cynic - 11 Exhausted - 1

The ticket of Dr. Cynic/Adam Griffin receives the endorsement of the Labor Party

Mideast Senate

First Round: Talleyrand - 13 Mr. X - 2

Talleyrand receives the endorsement of the Labor Party

Congrats to Dr. Cynic, Adam Griffin and Talleryand!
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #160 on: October 10, 2013, 07:48:23 PM »

Congrats to Talleyrand, Dr. Cynic, Adam Griffin Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #161 on: October 10, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »

Holy sh*t, that was unexpected.... But very happy for me. Since Adam and I are the nominees, I suppose I should put together a little speech.

This was an unexpected development, but I thank the Labor Party for putting its trust in Griffin and I. I suppose if I got another crack at the top job, it would be an opportunity for me to exorcise the past of having to leave the Presidency. This also has proven just how chaotic this election will be. A week ago, I was not a candidate. Now, I am, with the endorsement of our party. Griffin and I will do our utmost best for the party in the election. Perhaps this will be a seat of our pants style of campaign, but so be it. You all know me to varying degrees and you know that I will try my hardest for our party. So, be sure to get out there and campaign for a Labor victory!

Good luck to everyone in the polls.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #162 on: October 10, 2013, 08:08:04 PM »

Congrats on your victory, Comrade Cynic! I hope that all members of the Labor Party will fall behind our nominee.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #163 on: October 10, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »

Thanks, comrades. Smiley Griffin and I appreciate it Smiley
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #164 on: October 10, 2013, 08:42:18 PM »

Awesome!
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #165 on: October 11, 2013, 12:30:28 AM »

Well I lost, I kinda expected to, so I'm not really sad (also I'm happy for unrelated reasons and sorta drunk so hard to give a fyck x3). I'm not sure who to endorse now or what to do and I'm gonna save that till I'm sober. But since I'm not rly gonna be here next week i won't be running independent. Thanks to my supporters, you guys are awesome, Purple heart
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #166 on: October 11, 2013, 12:44:22 AM »

Actually, after a little more thought, f**k it, I endorse Dr Cynic and Adam. Labor needs to show the other parties we've still got some fight in us, after this clusterf**k, and i would love to beat DemPGH and the potato union into 3rd, and Adam is on the ticket and he's cool. So yeah. Go vote Labor everyone Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #167 on: October 11, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »

Actually, after a little more thought, f**k it, I endorse Dr Cynic and Adam. Labor needs to show the other parties we've still got some fight in us, after this clusterf**k, and i would love to beat DemPGH and the potato union into 3rd, and Adam is on the ticket and he's cool. So yeah. Go vote Labor everyone Smiley

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2013, 01:33:33 AM »
« Edited: October 11, 2013, 01:35:51 AM by taco cat backwards is taco cat »

lol i should be high right now, "i love you guys, no probs, labor unity 5evar (1 moar than 4evar)" etc

More proof that marijuana is a superior drug than alcohol. But I'll take the latter too Curly
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2013, 01:38:50 AM »

lol i should be high right now, "i love you guys, no probs, labor unity 5evar (1 moar than 4evar)" etc

More proof that marijuana is a superior drug than alcohol. But I'll take the latter too Curly

I don't have any pot, but have a drink on me and thanks for being a uniter for Labor! Smiley
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #170 on: October 11, 2013, 05:49:05 AM »

Congratulations Smiley.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #171 on: October 11, 2013, 10:55:53 AM »

[PLA]

The Pillars of Labor.

| Protect |

The protection of Our Society is an imperative and must always be seen as a priority if we are to remain civilized human beings. To protect the innocent from abuse, injury or wrongdoing by others through the enforcement of responsible, proportionate criminal and civil penalties is a characteristic of a well-round, mature society. To protect each Atlasian's human rights by ensuring society honors them is the only way in which Our Society can continue to live up to its most idealistic and progressive vision. When we protect the right of other civilized nations to thrive and exist democratically, we help provide a more stable world in which Atlasia can exist. By protecting the right for both Church and State to operate separately, we guarantee that neither can be contorted nor abused. Ensuring that each and every Atlasian has the natural right to determine what he or she does with their body must be protected without exception. Finally, we believe there can be no protection of today's and tomorrow's People without protection of the environment we live in, and that no social progress can be made at the expense of environmental conservation and vice-versa.

| Provide |

When we provide for those who currently cannot provide for themselves, we strengthen our economy through increased demand and ultimately, increased job and economic growth. When government acts on behalf of the people without motive of financial gain, we provide the opportunity for great things to be done within Our Society – great things that no private entity would ever embark upon without prior compensation. When energy is decoupled from profit and is provided to the people at its baseline cost of production, the national economy will thrive better than it does under a private model. By providing a quality education to our children, we pave the way for innovation and enlightenment as our children become the leaders of the next generation. By providing a level playing field and demanding basic dignity via fair trade, we ensure our best ideals are projected and enforced throughout the world without need for diplomatic or military action. By protecting the right of workers to organize and guaranteeing them a voice on the job, we make industrial democracy a possibility. When we provide access to public broadcasting and other free forms of information and assistance, we embolden individuals to improve and better themselves, as well as those around them.

| Prosper |

We prosper when each and every person in Our Society has access to affordable, quality health care and when the environment in which we live is protected, clean and conserved. When taxes are decreased, valuable infrastructure and maintenance is ignored while fiscal responsibility is abandoned in the name of tax spending; when taxes are increased, businesses re-invest and grow their companies, while government is able to innovate and plan projects of common purpose. No nation can expect sustainable prosperity while relying on finite fuels that pollute and destroy our environment, all the while being tied to the whims of other nations who supply us with it. Prosperity for the worker must be bargained for – collectively, that is – in order to ensure its perpetual existence. Ultimately, we prosper not from the whims of big business, but from the skill and hard work of the lowliest among us. When labor is allowed to come together and bargain collectively for higher wages, shorter hours, and better working conditions, we all do better.

Labor's October '13 Manifesto.

Our Society.

• The Labor Party supports the creation of an affordable national childcare program, to offer parents an alternative to highly-priced private childcare services. The establishment of a national childcare program, along with the establishment of universal access to pre-kindergarten for our children, will help the next generation of Atlasians grow and prosper like never before.

• The Labor Party calls for the creation of public power utilities, providing affordable competition of an essential resource we believe all Atlasians should not be charged a penny more than necessary to acquire. We further believe that natural resources, should be the common property of all Atlasia, and should not be held up in the hands of those who would deprive Atlasians of access to energy or gouge the Atlasian worker to line their own pockets.

• The Labor Party implores the regional governments to utilize the powers of the SEDZI Act, creating Social & Economic Development zones for the areas of this nation that have been left behind.

• The Labor Party supports the readjustment of farm subsidies to the family farmer, at the expense of sprawling corporate farm operations.

• The Labor Party seeks the creation of a robust Credit Card Owner's Bill of Rights, to protect the average Atlasian against a litany of credit card company abuses. The Labor Party also favors the establishment of public and co-operative banking alternatives to the private banking sector and will do all in its power to reduce bank fees, end predatory lending primarily targeted at the poorest of the poor, and provide every Atlasian with free access to basic checking and savings accounts.

• The Labor Party supports a broad national stimulus program designed to kickstart the Atlasian automotive and manufacturing industry.

• The Labor Party believes it is imperative that the national government begin a massive energy saving program in all sectors, beginning with public sector, that will fund research, development and expansion of nuclear, wind, hydroelectric, and solar energy generation.

• The Labor Party believes in drawing down our excessive and needless troop presence abroad, as well as once and for all ending the practice that has sent many a working class son to an untimely end - that of conscription.

• The Labor Party firmly does not believe that corporations should have the same rights of political speech and action as do people, and seek an Amendment to affirm this once and for all.

• The Labor Party asks for all governments in Atlasia to increase support for free community clinics and adoption agencies, to further increase access to general health and family planning to the poor. The Labor Party recognizes the right of women to choose whether or not they shall have an abortion and oppose additional restrictions on women accessing that right.

• The Labor Party believes that workers should have the right to organize a union free from employer interference.

• The Labor Party believes that, as the Atlasian market has changed to be one of national firms competing with international firms, so should our process of collective bargaining, to allow for industry-wide bargaining and national labor contracts.

• The Labor Party believes that workers should have a voice when it comes to the management of their firms beyond the bargaining table. We support the establishment of fair and representative co-determination processes that will require worker representation on every corporate decision-making board.

• The Labor Party recognizes that although all Atlasians may be equal on paper, they may not be equal in practice. This, the result of centuries of discrimination, bigotry, and other ills that affect our society, should be corrected with the adoption of colorblind programs of economic and social redress, which the Labor Party stands in firm support of.

• The Labor Party favors the passage of a law guaranteeing equal treatment and protections for Trans* Atlasians.

• The Labor Party stands firmly in support of a renewed focus on rural healthcare and education sectors, increasing construction of rural schools and hospitals, and increasing pay for those who seek employment in these fields in Atlasia's countryside.

• The Labor Party supports commonsense drug regulation that keeps dangerous substances out of the hands of minors, abortion laws that make abortion easily accessible, and minimal regulation upon sex. This includes the legalization and regulation of sex work, psychedelic drugs, and the decriminalization of hard drugs, with rehabilitation, rather than retribution, as a means of combating drug addiction in Atlasia.

• The Labor Party believes that all Atlasians are entitled to a quality public education. We therefore support policies that make education more easily accessible from pre-kindergarten to university, and support all appropriate measures to establish and maintain a universal preschool program, equalize funding for school districts across Atlasia by assuming federal funding of public education, and abolish tuition fees at public Atlasian universities, as well as enact strict controls on classroom size and provide new incentives for those who wish to enter the teaching profession.

• The Labor Party is a socialist party dedicated to the idea that society should be structured in a democratic fashion. We reject the argument of those who say that human nature is inherently fixated upon self-interest alone and instead seek to build a society that reflects the most fundamental impulse of human civilization – community.

More coming in next post. Sorry for the length!
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #172 on: October 11, 2013, 11:06:15 AM »

Our Game.

• The Labor Party seeks a greater centralization of governmental responsibilities in the Atlasian Federal Government.

• The Labor Party believes that the Atlasian-Canadian Common Market, has been both a wise and constructive means to further the ends of a united, democratic North America. We support the extension of the Common Market to Mexico, provided that Mexican labor, environmental, and regulatory standards are brought to the highest possible standards and that economic gaps between Atlasia, Canada, and Mexico are alleviated with appropriate fiscal stimulus.

• The Labor Party supports the introduction of staggered term limits for members of the Supreme Court.

• The Labor Party supports the simplification of election laws with coordinated elections dates across the regions. We further support the empowering of the Secretary of Federal Elections to open all voting booths, be they federal or regional, and count all votes cast.

• The Labor Party believes that the Atlasian government has a responsibility to be interested in the affairs of the Atlas Forum and it should be an advocate on behalf of the Atlas Forum Community.

• The Labor Party believes that the regional consolidation should be pursued along lines that are harmful to no region in particular and provide all with an opportunity to participate.

• The Labor Party supports the simplification of the constitutional amendment process. Atlasian voters should determine whether or not an amendment should be added to the Constitution in a federally-administered voting booth.

• The Labor Party supports the establishment of a semi-presidential system of governance in which the President shall appoint members of the cabinet, with the exceptions of the Game Moderator and Secretary of Federal Elections, from sitting Senators who shall administer the portfolios of Secretary of State and Secretary of Internal Affairs.

• The Labor Party supports the adoption of party-list proportional representation for the election of At-Large Senators.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #173 on: October 11, 2013, 09:12:09 PM »

Cynic/Griffin!
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #174 on: October 12, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The platform has been adopted! Cheesy
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies