***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:11:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11289 times)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

« on: September 24, 2013, 02:09:42 PM »

x Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 01:42:35 AM »

I won't support any effort to expel any party members and if it does happen, I will have to leave the party. I simply can't be a part of that, so I'm with Snowguy.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 02:52:38 AM »

So snowstalker, who would your vp be?

A federalist ticket supported by the labor party, well Tongue.

If either of those happen, I'm sorry, I'll have to go to the Progressives. Especially the latter.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 04:20:19 PM »

Look, I don't think we can allow Snowstalker to be our nominee because I don't feel he's electable. I can't fathom this party supporting the Federalists either. If this really is going to become an issue, I'll primary him, because I don't feel Snowstalker can win.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 01:39:32 PM »

FWIW, if DemPGH wins the Labor nomination I will continue my campaign as an independent or NMAM candidate, and give Duke my 2nd preference ahead of him.

But you think we should give you the Labor nomination of DemPGH for what reason exactly? Balls to that.

It is occurring to me with ever increasing alarm that this party will be completely torn apart and that the Federalists will get power anyway.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 01:52:05 PM »

FWIW, if DemPGH wins the Labor nomination I will continue my campaign as an independent or NMAM candidate, and give Duke my 2nd preference ahead of him.

I think some of us don't care about what you think. If you want to give Duke the 2nd preference, you can.

Register back with NMAM then, because at this point, after your comments, I will do all that is in my power to make sure you are not endorsed by this party. I'd have us endorse Snowstalker over you.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 01:56:45 PM »

But you think we should give you the Labor nomination of DemPGH for what reason exactly? Balls to that.

It is occurring to me with ever increasing alarm that this party will be completely torn apart and that the Federalists will get power anyway.

Duke isn't some scary evil conservative-he was on our ticket just 2 elections ago ffs. I'm not excited or terrified about the idea of him winning, but I'd take him over someone who's entire career has been built on incessantly filing frivolous lawsuits against anyone working for change. This isn't about left vs right, there's only a small difference there btw Duke and DemPGH anyway.

Then do what you want to do. Why should this party endorse the ticket of our party's chief competitor? What you do is fine, but I don't feel that's the sort of change I want.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 02:50:24 PM »

I'm putting my name forward for the Labor nomination for President if you guys don't want DemPGH. To me, Labor should at least nominate an electable candidate. So, I ask my name be put on the ballot primary and for you to consider me ahead of a Federalist or an unelectable candidate.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 03:34:56 PM »

I think DemPGH is electable, and so far I support his candidacy.

I agree. I merely put myself forward as the alternative if people didn't want him to keep an unelectable candidate from getting the nod.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 03:43:30 PM »

Dr Cynic, if you win the nomination, do you intend to continue to run, against DemPGH? Or will you drop out and endorse him after the convention? I'm confused by what your candidacy is trying to achieve, if you'd rather have DemPGH than yourself then why run?

If he wins the nomination, I will happily drop out. If I win, I will continue on. My candidacy would simply be to give Labor a decent nominee. I feel DemPGH should be that nominee. But if he's not, I'd rather give the party an actual nominee. If we nominate Snowstalker even, I would not continue on, because I feel it's important Labor has a nominee.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 04:03:13 PM »

I'll address the convention...

Fellow Laborites, Comrades... I have put my name forward for nomination for only one reason. That is to protect the Labor Party itself. I feel it would be an awful idea for Labor not to have its own nominee when the Federalists and Progressive Union will. In all honesty, I believe DemPGH and SirNick should be the Labor ticket. However, the number of people who were openly hostile to DemPGH's candidacy and polling suggested that many in Labor were more willing to have a Federalist as the nominee than DemPGH. On top of that, we have seen some NMAM encroachment on our party. I like Snowstalker as well, but I don't feel he could be an electable candidate.

Adam Griffin agreed to join a ticket with me for the purposes of the party ballot. I also felt he deserved to be on a ticket after the withdrawal of Bacon King. If DemPGH is not to your liking (I believe he should be though), then consider me as the only other potential Labor candidate who can run an electable campaign. I ask the Labor Party to consider DemPGH as their first option, but if not, consider me as a second. I can't promise to win, but what's important is that the party has a nominee who truly will represent the Labor banner and not another party's.

Thank you.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 07:21:43 PM »

President

[2] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[1] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[3] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet

[4] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

Mideast Senate

[1] Former SoEA Talleyrand

[2] Mideast Assemblyman Mr. X
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2013, 04:24:56 PM »

By the looks of it when the polls close here in the next three hours, we'll have our clear choice for nominee. I want to take the time to thank everyone who ran for making it interesting.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2013, 07:56:17 PM »

Holy sh*t, that was unexpected.... But very happy for me. Since Adam and I are the nominees, I suppose I should put together a little speech.

This was an unexpected development, but I thank the Labor Party for putting its trust in Griffin and I. I suppose if I got another crack at the top job, it would be an opportunity for me to exorcise the past of having to leave the Presidency. This also has proven just how chaotic this election will be. A week ago, I was not a candidate. Now, I am, with the endorsement of our party. Griffin and I will do our utmost best for the party in the election. Perhaps this will be a seat of our pants style of campaign, but so be it. You all know me to varying degrees and you know that I will try my hardest for our party. So, be sure to get out there and campaign for a Labor victory!

Good luck to everyone in the polls.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2013, 08:17:17 PM »

Thanks, comrades. Smiley Griffin and I appreciate it Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 11, 2013, 01:38:50 AM »

Actually, after a little more thought, f**k it, I endorse Dr Cynic and Adam. Labor needs to show the other parties we've still got some fight in us, after this clusterf**k, and i would love to beat DemPGH and the potato union into 3rd, and Adam is on the ticket and he's cool. So yeah. Go vote Labor everyone Smiley

lol i should be high right now, "i love you guys, no probs, labor unity 5evar (1 moar than 4evar)" etc

More proof that marijuana is a superior drug than alcohol. But I'll take the latter too Curly

I don't have any pot, but have a drink on me and thanks for being a uniter for Labor! Smiley
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2013, 01:30:56 PM »

Endorsement Voting:

IDS Senate:

Should North Carolina Yankee (FED-NC) receive the Labor Party endorsement?

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay
[  ] Abstain

Automatic Endorsements:

Mideast Senate:

[X] Talleyrand (LAB-KY)

Midwest Senate:

[X] TNF (LAB-MT/WO)

Northeast Senate:

[X] Bore (LAB-RI)

Pacific Senate:

[X] TyriontheImperialist (LAB-NM)
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2013, 09:39:48 PM »

Why not take it all the way to Alert?
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2013, 10:35:16 PM »
« Edited: October 31, 2013, 11:14:43 PM by Acting Warden of the North Dr. Cynic »

Here is the ballot for the next convention. Voting will go for 3 days!

Oakland, Illinois [6]
Detroit, Michigan [2]
Harlan, Kentucky [5]
Iqaluit, Nunavut [1]
Columbus, Ohio [4]
Windsor, Ontario [3]

Edited for Detroit's inclusion.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies