***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:46:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention! (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: ***Politburo Elections*** Labor Party Fall 2013 Convention!  (Read 11290 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: September 24, 2013, 12:20:05 AM »

The R.H.A. continues to thrive in the Labor Party, its one and true butteficiary!

x Adam Griffin
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2013, 09:29:39 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 10:25:20 PM »

Oh wow, fun facts:

One year ago today, the Labor Party was a joke

One year ago today, I was elected as Labor Party Chairman

One year ago today, Snowstalker was the Labor Party nominee

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2013, 03:09:41 AM »

So snowstalker, who would your vp be?

A federalist ticket supported by the labor party, well Tongue.

If either of those happen, I'm sorry, I'll have to go to the Progressives. Especially the latter.
We are always happy to take new members.

This Party has weathered turbulent times before and I am confident we will successfully do so again. Our common bond that pursues a radical homosexual agenda in conjunction with our differences is what has made us so strong in the first place.

I'd also like to point out - since nobody ever bothers to read our by-laws - that Snowstalker by default will receive the endorsement of the Labor Party, unless another Labor candidate runs for President. We had an issue in February with a possible coup, and as such, the by-laws were amended to ensure that effectively only a Labor/Labor or Labor/Non-Labor ticket could receive the endorsement (unless no Laborites ran for President).
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 11:14:10 PM »

So snowstalker, who would your vp be?

A federalist ticket supported by the labor party, well Tongue.

If either of those happen, I'm sorry, I'll have to go to the Progressives. Especially the latter.

There's nothing "progressive" about the Moderate Hero Union. Duke's candidacy represents an opportunity for Atlasians to unite around one leader in a way we haven't seen for some time.

Progressives to your left economically:
Myself
Siren
Scott
Oak Hills
Tiver
Superique
Butafly
GAWorth
Yeahsayyeah
Kashifsikhan

Progressives to your left socially:
Myself
Scott
Tiver
butafly
Yeahsayyeah
Marnetmar

A majority of progressives are economically to your left and a near-majority is socially to your left. Not to mention that the Federalist party candidate is to your left in both economics and social issues. I'd hold off on calling people not progressive enough when they're to your left on the spectrum.

Yes, this would be a valid point if we pretend that one's positions on the "political spectrum" as determined by the Political Matrix test are in any way a meaningful indicator of progressivism.
So what is your definition of progressivism?

Not trying to wade too much into this, but PM scores are only good for figuring out whether someone is recruitable material or not - and even then, it's not 100% accurate (hell, the only reason the Liberal Party stayed afloat for so long was because they were getting 1/3 of Labor's PM recruits). Ben Kenobi, FFS, had a centrist E or S score (can't remember which). I always consider people's ideologies within Atlasia based on who they vote for, not what they say.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 02:18:44 AM »

Also, when is this Presidential primary occurring?
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 02:28:46 PM »

[STATEMENTS ABOUT ORDER OF BUSINESS IN CONVENTIONS]

This would be the case.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2013, 12:52:26 AM »

[2] Vice President DemPGH / Northeast Governor SirNick

[1] Northeast Representative Dr. Cynic / Former Vice President Adam Griffin

[2] Pacific Councilor drj101 / No VP chosen yet

[2] Former Senator Snowstalker / No VP chosen yet
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2013, 06:45:23 PM »

I have always stood by the Labor Party because I believe we are a different kind of party, fundamentally nothing like the "Progressive Union" or these other parties of the "left". Time and again Labor has shown itself to be the only party dedicated to real reform, the only party willing to stand up against those who will come out frothing at the mouth to denounce anyone fighting against the status quo.
But you registered as a Laborite a few days ago and the NMAM (I believe due to the political views of its members) is a leftist party that you have been registered since before I came into Atlasia..

Its clearly satire, she is mocking Labor.

But if she is, then why is she running for your party's nomination?
For the same reason she does everything in this game.

I'm guessing none of you remember when drj joined. She was recruited by me not too long after I joined and joined the Labor Party from the get-go. She served admirably in the Mideast Assembly and was the Labor nominee for Governor in the Mideast at one point (and did fairly well considering the make-up of the region at that time). She didn't join NM-AM until late May or June. Most people who are now or were in the NM-AM were Laborites at some point before that - which explains why we are so defensive of them. We remember our own.

Lots of people grow tired of being serious in this game. Drj's serious spirits were most likely crushed by that asshole Senator who is apparently too much for anyone to handle. Xahar at one point was a "Serious Person", too, until a bunch of assholes in the Pacific finally cockblocked him enough in the Pacific way back when. Between people like that, Napoleon, Hagrid, myself and plenty of others over the duration of the game's history, lots of people's dreams have been crushed and shattered. I can only hope that some of you will ultimately know dhese feels. Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2013, 01:07:16 AM »

Actually, after a little more thought, f**k it, I endorse Dr Cynic and Adam. Labor needs to show the other parties we've still got some fight in us, after this clusterf**k, and i would love to beat DemPGH and the potato union into 3rd, and Adam is on the ticket and he's cool. So yeah. Go vote Labor everyone Smiley

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2013, 10:00:00 PM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The platform has been adopted! Cheesy
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2013, 03:45:09 PM »

[SEN]

Comrades, I move that we begin a process to endorse candidates for the regional Senate seats. We have a great slate of Labor candidates in nearly every region this time around so make sure you all get out the vote for them come election day!

[SEN] This should be a fairly easy and straightforward endorsement process. Four candidates are automatically endorsed (Tyrion, Bore, TNF & Talleyrand), while there is only one candidate in the IDS (Yankee). If Yankee wishes to request the endorsement of the Labor Party in this race, then we would have an up or down endorsement vote where he'd need 60% affirmative to receive the nomination.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: October 16, 2013, 01:41:27 AM »

Endorsement Voting:

IDS Senate:

Should North Carolina Yankee (FED-NC) receive the Labor Party endorsement?

[X] Aye
[  ] Nay
[  ] Abstain

Automatic Endorsements:

Mideast Senate:

[X] Talleyrand (LAB-KY)

Midwest Senate:

[X] TNF (LAB-MT/WO)

Northeast Senate:

[X] Bore (LAB-RI)

Pacific Senate:

[X] TyriontheImperialist (LAB-NM)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2013, 09:45:41 PM »

[CON] I nominate Windsor, ON.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2013, 01:07:53 AM »

We already did it there with Marokai and Duke in February. Tongue This time, it has to be in the Mideast.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2013, 02:11:04 AM »

WHY I'M RUNNING FOR THIS AWFUL JOB ONCE AGAIN

(Since the vote is not yet open, I thought I'd take the take to campaign per by-laws)

It was with a lot of thought and consideration that I decided to seek a third term as Labor Party Chair. I think everyone in the Party knows just how much I love the Party and each of you, but it can sometimes be a stressful and infuriating experience to run a political party. From what I've gathered from many other current and former party chairs, the sentiment is that it is a hated and otherwise terrible role to fill. Honestly, though, I've never felt that way. I love it for some odd reason.

While The Party certainly existed before I joined Atlasia and became Chair later on, I do in many respects feel that it is in some part my baby. During the nine months in which I served as Chair, we doubled in size, won two consecutive Presidencies, became the dominant force in the Senate, achieved many policy victories on the national and regional front, and developed a inter-regional party network that in terms of effectiveness and actual representation has probably never been surpassed prior. We went from being a third-place party to the dominant (and only) voice of the Left. We reaffirmed the commitment to the Radical Homosexual Agenda. We accomplished a hell of a lot together.

So why am I running again? It would be the smart thing to simply hope another person would step forward and continue the tradition, leaving my legacy as a rad f[inks] party Chair intact and without chance of shameful defeat - after all, who knows what the future entails. Over the past few months, I feel the party's power and effectiveness have waned in certain areas that a) can be fixed and b) must be fixed. There was a point shortly after my departure that I thought the Labor Party might not survive. We weathered the storm - like we have everything else - and our Party's strength continued to shine. The fundamentals of Labor are strong, and we have a new series of battles to fight.

Everybody, I know you can believe in yourself!
If you believe in yourself, you will know how to ride a bike!
You just keep practicing.
You will get the hang of it, I know it.
Thumbs up everybody, for rock and roll!

In many respects, the current game looks a lot like it did many months ago. Labor is a proud Party and has views with sharp contrast. We don't always play nice, and we tend to upset people on occasion for a variety of reasons - many are justified within the confines of a poli-sim, but not always. As a result, we see a shift in the political landscape and a continued resistance by those near the center when it comes to respect and assimilation within our Party. This is a concern, because a divided left makes us weaker as a country. We, however, should not be prepared to bend nor break to the minority opinion.

I wanna fly,
I wanna drive,
I wanna go
I wanna be a part of something I don't know
And if you try to hold me back I might explode
Baby, by now you should know
I cant be tamed

One huge area in which we excelled was the liberation of leftist ideology from the center and left-center, something that I am not sure has ever really been done prior. While our power is not unprecedented nor necessarily comparable to entities such as the JCP, we have accomplished what we've accomplished with quite a handicap attached to us. Part of the reason that I have traditionally hounded the right about its fear of articulation is that from the perspective of many, Labor is just as extreme as they would be considered. Yet we plowed forward and made names for ourselves.

I-I-I wanna give you one last option
I-I-I wanna give you one last chance
I-If you're looking for the main attraction
Just hold on tight and let me do my dance

What is in our future? The biggeast short-term goal that we seem to be facing is consolidation. Party-wise, we have to be willing to work with others on this and many other areas of policy, but obviously not at the expense of our Party's vision and values. We need to grow our ranks, organize regions and ensure that newer players have as many opportunities to run for office as possible. We've done it all before, and we'll do it again. Gays, it's good to be home again.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2013, 10:51:19 PM »

Oakland, Illinois [6]
Detroit, Michigan [4]
Harlan, Kentucky [2]
Iqaluit, Nunavut [3]
Columbus, Ohio [5]
Windsor, Ontario [1]