FL-Quinnipiac: Crist, Nelson defeat Scott by 10
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:16:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2014 Gubernatorial Election Polls
  FL-Quinnipiac: Crist, Nelson defeat Scott by 10
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: FL-Quinnipiac: Crist, Nelson defeat Scott by 10  (Read 4379 times)
ajc0918
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: June 18, 2013, 06:35:45 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.

http://www.saintpetersblog.com/new-q-poll-rick-scott-only-down-ten-points-to-charlie-crist-bill-nelson?fb_source=pubv1
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2013, 07:51:24 AM »

Maybe there is some exhaustion of the "I hate Rick Scott" meme.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 07:24:00 PM »

Or maybe Florida is a blue state. With Hillary on ticket, open senate seat in 16 will be competitive, too.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2013, 11:25:14 PM »

I still don't think Scott is dead in the water, even against Crist.
ElectionAtlas
Atlas Proginator
YaBB God
United States

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 02:50:34 PM »

New Poll: Florida Governor by Quinnipiac University on 2013-06-23

Summary: D: 36%, R: 42%, U: 20%

Poll Source URL: Full Poll Details
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2013, 06:18:22 AM »

If Christ runs, Scott is thrown out of office.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2013, 01:19:18 PM »

I think this will be one of the most negative campaigns ever. Not that theres ever much merit to saying that, but just noting it. Scott knows he can't dig himself out of the hole, he was always unpopular since the first day he took office. He can, however, pop Crists bubble.
tmthforu94
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -4.52

P P P
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2013, 01:31:17 PM »

At least Scott's numbers are improving...

This is definitely a winnable race for Scott, even against Crist. Though I agree with Maxwell that this will essentially be a race to the bottom. Personally, if I were in the Scott campaign, I would encourage Scott to start attacking Crist early and often, in the hopes of possibly getting Crist out in the primary (which is entirely possible, assuming a majority of Florida Democrats have actual principles and aren't willing to throw themselves at any candidate just to win).
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2013, 04:02:52 PM »

Wait.. what about Nan Rich... she's still running right?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2013, 04:10:10 PM »

This is definitely a winnable race for Scott, even against Crist. Though I agree with Maxwell that this will essentially be a race to the bottom. Personally, if I were in the Scott campaign, I would encourage Scott to start attacking Crist early and often, in the hopes of possibly getting Crist out in the primary (which is entirely possible, assuming a majority of Florida Democrats have actual principles and aren't willing to throw themselves at any candidate just to win).

The Democratic party has proven itself incapable of such principle.
illegaloperation

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2013, 05:45:33 PM »

Does the Florida Democratic Party even have any other credible candidate not name Charlie Crist?

The Florida Democratic Party is one of the worst state parties.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2013, 05:58:42 PM »

If Christ runs, Scott is thrown out of office.

Christ has the power to smite all of his enemies.  He doesn't need to run in order to throw Scott out of office.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2013, 06:16:13 PM »

Or maybe Florida is a blue state. With Hillary on ticket, open senate seat in 16 will be competitive, too.

No, it is not. It is Toss-Up/Lean R or Center-Right.

How do you know Rubio is running for president? Is he retiring? Or are you just being mistaken here?
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2013, 08:15:26 PM »

Wait.. what about Nan Rich... she's still running right?
Yes, but she'd be the worst pick out of the whole bunch. Quinnipiac and PPP polling shows her losing to Rick Scott by 6 points and although she's the only declared candidate so far, if Crist, Sink, or Meek runs, she'll get buried in the primary.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2013, 09:16:39 PM »

I also agree with this. While Scott has a hard climb ahead of him, I know for a fact that he will get the most competent young strategists in the state on board his campaign. Not to mention the money factor, which he has a good edge in.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2013, 09:18:38 PM »

Does the Florida Democratic Party even have any other credible candidate not name Charlie Crist?

Eh, they're not that bad, are they?  After all, they got their senator reelected by a pretty convincing margin last year and kept the state for Obama.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 22, 2013, 03:06:03 PM »

Eh, they're not that bad, are they?  After all, they got their senator reelected by a pretty convincing margin last year and kept the state for Obama.

Let's just say the Florida Democrats are "hard to organize".
illegaloperation

« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2013, 04:26:00 PM »

Let's just say the Florida Democrats are "hard to organize".

In other words, if you are running in Florida with a (D) next to your name, you're on your own.
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2013, 06:58:13 PM »

Is Crist even running?
publicunofficial
angryGreatness
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2013, 11:48:03 PM »

He hasn't said yet, but the answer is likely yes.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #20 on: September 23, 2013, 03:25:31 PM »

I also agree with this. While Scott has a hard climb ahead of him, I know for a fact that he will get the most competent young strategists in the state on board his campaign. Not to mention the money factor, which he has a good edge in.

Scott barely won in a wave election, and he has done little to strengthen his support. He has connections to corrupt activities. All that the Democratic opponent needs do is to expose Scott's sleazy practices in business and the Democrat wins.   
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2013, 10:16:02 AM »
« Edited: September 24, 2013, 10:18:57 AM by SJoyce »

Eh, they're not that bad, are they?  After all, they got their senator reelected by a pretty convincing margin last year and kept the state for Obama.

That Senator is also the only person, apart from Alex Sink once in 2006, to win a statewide election in Florida as a Democrat in almost the last 16 years. Obama stuff was pretty much Obama/OFA's doing, not the FDP (which is currently going through another round of infighting).

Crist is basically our only viable candidate who hasn't declined already.

in the hopes of possibly getting Crist out in the primary (which is entirely possible, assuming a majority of Florida Democrats have actual principles and aren't willing to throw themselves at any candidate just to win).

Keep in mind that Dyer, Sink, and Smith have all declined.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2013, 06:25:11 PM »

If Crist steps in, its Lean D. But that's the key thing we have to know. Right now we can't really judge the race and can only say that its a toss-up.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies