Are Gay-Rights Laws Trampling on Freedom of Religion? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:46:07 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Are Gay-Rights Laws Trampling on Freedom of Religion? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Are Gay-Rights Laws Trampling on Freedom of Religion?  (Read 4205 times)
Kamala
Madagascar

« on: October 05, 2017, 01:11:14 AM »

Love to search for 4 year old discussions that I can revive with my bad opinions.
The world's sh[inks]iest necromancer.
Kamala
Madagascar

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2017, 09:45:36 PM »

Freedom of religion is not freedom from religion, and the state should actively encourage citizens to have a religion (out of Evangelical Christianity, devout Catholicism, Mormonism, Orthodox Christianity, Orthodox/Hasidic Judaism, and Islam- maybe there are one or two more that I am not familiar with that would do the same social good).  For cultural and societal reasons, we should have a vested interest in virtually everyone practicing one of those religions.  Other religions and secularism should not be illegal, but they should be highly discouraged verbally by our leaders.

Now, I would encourage everyone to convert to Christianity as a matter of faith, but for societal benefit, any faithful Abrahamic religion provides a solid moral code, and it is more important (not spiritually, but for stopping our moral decay) that people have a religion than which religion.

What a terrifying society that flies in the face of the Constitution.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies