NJ-Kean University: Christie +18
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:19:01 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections
  2023 & Odd Year Gubernatorial Election Polls (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  NJ-Kean University: Christie +18
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NJ-Kean University: Christie +18  (Read 1678 times)
cinyc
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: September 26, 2013, 10:36:41 PM »

Kean University/Pulse Opinion Research Poll
Christie 52%
Buono 34%

September 19; 1000 Likely Voters; MoE +/- 3%
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »

Why am I not surprised?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 03:52:44 PM »

I am. That's one of the closest margins I've seen in this race.

Though I suspect many undecideds weren't pushed, but will likely swing to Christie.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2013, 03:56:34 PM »

Odd that we have three polls with a 16-point swing between them in the same day. But any day where one candidate is leading by 18, 28, or 34 just over a month before the election is a good day for that candidate.
PolitiJunkie

« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 05:06:34 PM »

Though I suspect many undecideds weren't pushed, but will likely swing to Christie.

No. The undecideds are overwhelmingly Democrats who approve somewhat of Christie and don't know anything about Buono, but will ultimately end up voting for the Democrat because that is simply how they align. That's why Christie will win by 8-12, rather than these margins in the 20s we see now. With a popular moderate incumbent in a blue state, why would any Republican be undecided?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 05:28:52 PM »

No. The undecideds are overwhelmingly Democrats who approve somewhat of Christie and don't know anything about Buono, but will ultimately end up voting for the Democrat because that is simply how they align. That's why Christie will win by 8-12, rather than these margins in the 20s we see now. With a popular moderate incumbent in a blue state, why would any Republican be undecided?

Not a bad argument or an inconcievable outcome, but I suspect many undecideds in this poll are low-info independent voters will gravitate towards the governor they know and who "seems alright".
Small Business Owner of Any Repute
Mr. Moderate
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 06:17:31 PM »

Not a bad argument or an inconcievable outcome, but I suspect many undecideds in this poll are low-info independent voters will gravitate towards the governor they know and who "seems alright".

Buono simply has no way to make her case to the voters. She doesn't have money; Christie has plenty. She isn't a sympathetic or charismatic figure, Christie is. Her own organization is against her and actually helping Christie.

Those facts don't exactly point to a close, single-digit race. This will not be close.
sg0508
United States

« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2013, 10:27:41 PM »

Again, I think some of us here were nuts to think Christie would end up around 65%.  While the gubernatorial races tend to be a lot more bipartisan, in the end, many democrats are going to come home in this blue state.  My guess is 57-42% and don't be surprised when the networks start yapping with the "closer than expected" nonsense. 

It's not often you get a Brad Henry/Phil Bredesen type minority-party win.
Rowan
RowanBrandon
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 1.94, S: 4.70

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 04:55:50 AM »

This poll offered a "some other candidate" option and it got 6%. There is no viable "some other candidate" and I doubt that the total 3rd party vote will be anything greater than 1%.
Fuzzybigfoot
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2013, 07:17:59 AM »

Again, I think some of us here were nuts to think Christie would end up around 65%.  While the gubernatorial races tend to be a lot more bipartisan, in the end, many democrats are going to come home in this blue state.  My guess is 57-42% and don't be surprised when the networks start yapping with the "closer than expected" nonsense.  

^^^

Something like this.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies