2004 Democratic Primary (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 10:18:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2004 U.S. Presidential Election
  2004 Democratic Primary (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Democratic Primary  (Read 439944 times)
migrendel
Italy

« on: October 31, 2003, 03:52:08 PM »

I've just voted in the poll to support Michael Portillo. A man of such erudition and electoral saavy would make an excellent leader and a better PM than Phoney Tony Blair. The only person I would even consider as a better PM in 2005 would be Charles Kennedy.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2003, 03:55:34 PM »

Clare Short would be an excellent PM, in my opinion. She has an impressive resume as a Secretary for International Development, and is a progressive in both political and sexual affairs.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2003, 04:08:55 PM »

I would like to announce a change of opinion. I officially consider myself a supporter of Howard Dean. While I was previously a supporter of John Kerry, I now support the former governor of Vermont, because I am assauged that he is equally cultured and well-bred compared with the Massachusetts senator, and has a more progressive viewpoint.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 04:51:03 PM »

You make your comment about the Liberal Democrats with an utter failure to see the alternative. I don't see how Charles Kennedy could be any worse than the recent PMs which were a harpy with ice water running through her veins, a do-nothing silly billy-goat, and the current PM, a functionary of the inimical trades unions.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 04:53:53 PM »

Perhaps Labour should restore its commitment to the disadvantaged by selecting a champion of the interests of everyone, such as the tight-lipped but tenacious MP from Birmingham Ladywood, Clare Short.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2003, 09:38:02 AM »

I'll remind RealPolitik of the scores of Tory MPs that lost in 1997, the only ones remaining were those in seats resembling Kensington & Chelsea, Huntingdon, and Maidstone and the Weald. His loss in Enfield Southgate was, from an electoral standpoint, inevitable.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2003, 08:25:20 PM »

Fletcher has won Kentucky by about ten points.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2003, 09:23:47 AM »

I would be reluctant to even vote if I was a resident of Louisiana. I could never endorse Jindal, because his conservativism is an over-arching theory of reactionary social views. Perhaps that might appease his conservative base, but to moderate-to-liberal Louisianans, that is clearly anathema. Kathleen Babineaux Blanco is not much of an improvement. Her platform is little other than a diluted version of Jindal's, a sort of Jindal Lite. Some say that Jindal's candidacy is a great step forward for the minority community. I beg to differ. If he equivocates on behalf of minorities where no equivocation can be had in Louisiana, a state that sent David Duke into a run-off twice in the past 15 years, the community will be hurt by his policy of rapprochement, not benisoned. If Bobby Jindal campaigned on an earnest platform of racial equality and economic advancement, not a paean to the Christian Coalition, I would be compelled to endorse him. That is not the case, and I urge a vote for the lesser of two insidious evils, Kathleen Blanco.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2003, 10:40:42 AM »

I've been doing my reading on Bryant in The Guardian, and have seen the picture. While it would seem to be an exceedingly odd place to store a spare pair of socks, it really shouldn't be anyone's concern but Mr. Bryant's. I think he would make a fine minister, and he should rightly be selected.
migrendel
Italy

« Reply #9 on: December 31, 2003, 06:12:30 PM »

I believe you mean Je ne parle pas.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies