7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:15:00 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government
  Regional Governments (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: 7th Pacific Council Legislation Introduction and Discussion Thread  (Read 4615 times)
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »

Get Rapists Off Our Streets Act of 2013

1. All men and women convicted of rape and child rape will serve a term of at least 20 years with no parole

2. Tell students why they shouldn't rape during Sex Ed.

3. Encourage people to tell authorities about what happened immediately after the crime takes place

4. Start a website showing registered sex offenders in the Pacific

5. Require sex offenders receive signature of all residents of a community (within five miles of their planned residence) to be able to live in that community.

6. Educate people about how to safely get out of a situation where another person tries to rape them.

7. Public advertisements telling people to not be ashamed and go to local authorities immediately after the incident takes place.

8. Registered sex offenders cannot live within 5 miles of a person under 18.

9. Registered sex offenders cannot work in a place within 5 miles of a person under 18.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #51 on: November 08, 2013, 10:22:21 AM »

You must be logged in to read this quote.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #52 on: November 08, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »
« Edited: November 10, 2013, 01:26:32 PM by Acting Governor PJ »

3. Section 3, Clause 2 of Science in the Classroom Act is repealed.
4. Clause 2 of the Mental Institution Act is repealed.
5. A 6th clause shall be added to the Pacific Capitol Building Act. This clause shall read:

6. The Renaming of Interstate 5 Act shall be amended to read:

7. A 2nd clause shall be added to the Infant Abandonment Act. This clause shall read:

8. The Religious Institution Classification Act is amended to read:

9. The Give And You Shall Receive Act shall be extended until April 1st, 2014.
10. Clause 2 of the of the 2012 Seal of The Pacific Act is repealed.
11. The Forestation Restoration Act is amended to read:

12. The Pacifc Council Extraordinary Budget Committee is amended to be called the Pacific Extraordinary Budget Committee.
13. The Pacific Council Extraordinary Budget Committee is amended to read as follows:

[quote]

Recognizing the thrilling economical situation of the Pacific Region,
Aknowledging Acknowledging the rising unemployment under that same region,
Considering the cause of these economical malaise the absence of a regional budget,
The Pacific Council,
Creates an specific committe committee to devolop the Regional Budget of 2013.
All Pacific Councillors and the Governor are allowed to participate on this committe committee, to be set under the Atlasian Forum.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #53 on: November 09, 2013, 07:19:57 PM »
« Edited: November 13, 2013, 02:24:50 AM by Flo »

1. All men and women convicted of rape and child rape will serve a term of at least 20 years with no parole

2. Tell students why they shouldn't rape during Sex Ed. Explain the emotional and physical toll, the damage to bodies afterwards. Educate people how to safely get out of a situation like that. Encourage students to talk to authorities immediately after the crime takes place.

5. Require sex offenders receive signature of all residents of a community (within five miles of their planned residence) to be able to live in that community. (if someone under 18 is within five miles then the sex offender is ineligible to live in that community) 

7. Public advertisements telling people to not be ashamed and go to local authorities immediately after the incident takes place.

9. Registered sex offenders cannot work in a place within 5 miles of a person under 18.

10. Those who are convicted of a sexual assault will automatically be entered into a list that will be able to be seen by every person with an internet connection, or will be at every police station with an alphabetical list of sex offenders that is updated every 6 months.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #54 on: November 09, 2013, 07:25:02 PM »

Beastiality is a Crime Act

1. Beastiality, the sexual assault of a non-human animal, will be illegal and convicted violators will be sentenced to a minimum of five years in prison and a maximum of twenty.

2. Those who are convicted of beastiality will no longer be able to adopt any animal, own a farm with animals, operate a facility with animals, work in a facility with animals, or enter a facility with animals.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #55 on: November 09, 2013, 07:30:32 PM »

1. Beastiality, the sexual assault of a non-human animal, will be illegal and convicted violators will be sentenced to a minimum of five years in prison and a maximum of twenty.

2. Those who are convicted of beastiality will no longer be able to adopt any animal, own a farm with animals, operate a facility with animals, work in a facility with animals, or enter a facility with animals.

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Pacific_Bestality_Criminalization_Act

You could amend this bill, but bestiality is already illegal in the Pacific.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #56 on: November 09, 2013, 08:21:00 PM »

https://uselectionatlas.org/AFEWIKI/index.php/Pacific_Bestality_Criminalization_Act

You could amend this bill, but bestiality is already illegal in the Pacific.

Thanks for the information!
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: November 09, 2013, 08:24:12 PM »

2. Tell students why they shouldn't rape during Sex Ed.

3. Encourage people to tell authorities about what happened immediately after the crime takes place

5. Require sex offenders receive signature of all residents of a community (within five miles of their planned residence) to be able to live in that community.

6. Educate people about how to safely get out of a situation where another person tries to rape them.

10. Those who are convicted of a sexual assault will automatically be entered into a list that will be able to be seen by every person with an internet connection, or will be at every police station with an alphabetical list of sex offenders that is updated every 6 months.

11. Those with previous criminal histories will have harsher penalties for sexual assualts.

12. Those convicted of rape will have a minimum sentence of twenty years, with lifetime parole.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #58 on: November 09, 2013, 08:52:50 PM »

Domestic Violence Victim Protection Act

1. Those who are convicted of Domestic Abuse Crimes will serve a term of no less than five years and no more than fifteen years.

2. Those convicted will, while serving their term and one year after they leave prison, will go to mandatory rehabilitation to prevent them from trying to attack another human,

3. The convicted persons of these crimes will have an automatic restraining order of no less than 50 yards of who they attacked.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #59 on: November 11, 2013, 08:06:23 PM »
« Edited: November 20, 2013, 09:21:13 PM by Governor PJ »

President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2013, 08:55:23 PM »

The national law similar to this has a clause:

I suggest that something similar be put into effect, here. We don't want people deleting laws and then saying they're invalidated because they're not on the books.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: November 13, 2013, 01:16:15 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2013, 02:36:47 AM by Flo »

Bring Jobs to the Pacific Act

1. Give employers who are relocating to the Pacific a 15% corporate tax cut.
2. Spend $3 billion on infrastructure.
$1 billion on highways, roads, and bridges
$500 million on railways
$500 million on public transportation (bus, subway, etc.)
$1 billion on expansion of broadband internet to rural areas
3. 15% corporate tax cuts for small businesses which are starting up in the Pacific, five years of these tax cuts.
4. Designate the second Saturday in April 'Small Business Saturday' and those who shop at small businesses (fewer than 20 employees) can receive a 100% tax refund on these purchases at recognized small businesses that file with the regional government.
5. 20% tax cuts to major clean energy businesses in the Pacific (solar, geothermal, wind, hydro)
6. Raise income taxes by 15% on top 15% of Pacificans
7. Lower income taxes by 10% on lower 20% of Pacificans
8. Create the 'Pacific Business Center' so deals can be made between business and government, and to spread ideas to other businesses on what can work to improve personal economy
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2013, 01:56:27 AM »
« Edited: November 13, 2013, 02:42:51 AM by Flo »

Made in the Pacific Act

1. Ending tax breaks to those based in the Pacific which moves to foreign nations.
2. Lower tax rates on manufacturing companies down to 20%
3. Put in place an "offshoring" tax of 30% on offshore earnings (Pacifican based businesses who earn money in other countries such as China, India, Nigeria)
4. Create MAGIC (Manufacturing And Government In Cooperation) which will help manufacturing businesses to help transition to new technology on behalf of the Pacifican government at a cost of $20 million per year.
5. Create CCABP (Community College and Business Partnership) which will be formed between the Department of Labor and the Department of Education (I assume we have those) to train workers in medium to high demand industries with  an investment from the regional government. (Community Colleges will offer classes that can help someone get a degree for jobs, with an emphasis on Career and Technical Education.)
6. Boosting exports with the Governor and regional Senator visiting foreign nations and having trade talks with leaders in those nations to create trade deals or expand them for the people of the Pacific.
7. Create PMRC (Pacific Manufacturing Resources Committee) through MAGIC to invest in technologies that reduce energy use, advancing nano-manufacturing, bio-manufacturing, and robotics to be offered to Pacific companies.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2013, 02:47:35 AM »

Citizenship for Illegal Immigrants Act

1. All immigrants will be granted amnesty immediately after this bill is passed.
2. Decrease border control spending by 50%.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2013, 10:23:21 PM »

I will be operating under this until the Council votes it up or down.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2013, 08:13:16 PM »

I hereby appoint Pacific Councillor JacobTiver as Speaker to replace me. Smiley

Speaker, three slots are now open in the queue.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2013, 08:42:44 PM »

I suggest that something similar be put into effect, here. We don't want people deleting laws and then saying they're invalidated because they're not on the books.

I would like to see PJ respond to this before I start a discussion/vote thread on it.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2013, 09:21:37 PM »

I would like to see PJ respond to this before I start a discussion/vote thread on it.
I have amended the bill to include it.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2013, 09:34:08 PM »

I will bring this to discussion when we have the next available slot.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #69 on: November 20, 2013, 09:55:13 PM »

I will bring this to discussion when we have the next available slot.
We have another slot open. Federal amendments do not count.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #70 on: November 20, 2013, 10:15:57 PM »

We Need An Active Council Act

1. Any Councillor that misses eight votes in a council session or three votes in a row will automatically be recalled.
2. The special election will take place a minimum of 72 hours and a maximum of 96 hours after they miss three votes in a row or eight votes in a session.
3. The candidates running for the special election have 48 hours to announce their candidacy for the special election.
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2013, 11:24:00 AM »

Would there be general support for tethering CEO and exec pay to the average pay of non-executive employees? The aim is to limit income disparity, which has really reached undemocratic levels in some quarters. I'd like to see something like that at the federal level, but I think we could do something with that here. I can work it up - it will be fairly short and sweet.

I Also have an idea for criminal / suspects' rights, but I'll research the database before proceeding with that one.
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2013, 02:12:21 PM »

Would there be general support for tethering CEO and exec pay to the average pay of non-executive employees? The aim is to limit income disparity, which has really reached undemocratic levels in some quarters. I'd like to see something like that at the federal level, but I think we could do something with that here. I can work it up - it will be fairly short and sweet.

I Also have an idea for criminal / suspects' rights, but I'll research the database before proceeding with that one.

I would be opposed to such a measure.  Considering that the Region and the Republic provide separate minimum income guarantees and tax high incomes at very high combined rates, if my research is correct, I doubt this is a problem in the Pacific
Citizen Hats
lol-i-wear-hats
Canada

« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2013, 04:29:00 PM »

Would anyone be interested in transforming Pacific's Guaranteed Minimum Income into a Negative Income tax, so that no one ever finds themselves out of pocket by working?
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2013, 05:10:18 PM »

Would anyone be interested in transforming Pacific's Guaranteed Minimum Income into a Negative Income tax, so that no one ever finds themselves out of pocket by working?

The Federal Basic Income Guarantee is already a Negative Income Tax, at least in some ways. In fact, our plan was pretty similar to Friedman's Proposition to the US.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies