What would it take for Washington DC to vote Republican? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 03:43:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Geography & Demographics (Moderators: muon2, 100% pro-life no matter what)
  What would it take for Washington DC to vote Republican? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What would it take for Washington DC to vote Republican?  (Read 17595 times)
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« on: March 08, 2005, 07:32:04 PM »

It's no coincidence in my opinion that a city that is so strongly and mindlessly Democratic is also completely dysfunctional.  The two are usually strongly linked.

...Whereas the areas that are strongly and mindlessly Republican are virtual paradises in comparison?  Not in my mind.

Generally, they're a lot more functional than DC.

Fresno, California isn't that much more functional, it even boasts a higher poverty rate.
phk
phknrocket1k
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 1.42, S: -1.22

« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2005, 10:09:57 PM »

Latte liberal is meant to be a derogatory term not because those voters vote against their interests, but because they are hypocrites who choose not to live with the policies they inflict on others.  They favor leniency for criminals, while living far from centers of crime.  Therefore, they don't really suffer the effects of putting dangerous people back out onto the street.  They oppose giving poor children better educational options, while making sure that their own kids have only the best.  And as far as taxes go, they have enough money that they don't really care about a few thousand more a year in taxes; the middle class is hit much harder by the tax level that these people favor than the latte liberals are.

And yet you mock me for wanting to live in a minority and crimed filled urban center than a lily-white suburb.

I'll say this about you.  Unlike a lot of hypocritical liberals, you seem to embrace the dreadful results of the idiotic policies that you advocate.  You will probably end up living your life poor and in unpleasant surroundings, just as the policies that you advocate dictate.  I guess that's better than advocating ridiculous policies, and then exempting yourself from the results they produce, as most liberals do.

Yet the South has can't even purcchase its own stop signs!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies