Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 11, 2019, 06:48:18 am
News: 2020 Presidential Predictions (Primary) are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 102327 times)
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1275 on: August 14, 2014, 12:25:25 pm »

Last day working for Blue Star Demolition will be Friday morning, as our shift was moved back. After that, I have a week to go home and try to take care of a few things (register to vote, enhanced driver's license, etc.) before moving into my room on campus.
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #1276 on: August 14, 2014, 01:09:41 pm »

Nah, I love eating alone. Bring a good book (preferably on a phone or a tablet or something, because it's easier to read and eat that way) and it's a good time.

You do that? It seems so... wrong.
Epstein Didnít Kill Himself
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1277 on: August 14, 2014, 02:24:20 pm »

Nah, I love eating alone. Bring a good book (preferably on a phone or a tablet or something, because it's easier to read and eat that way) and it's a good time.

You do that? It seems so... wrong.
Depends on where you go. I don't feel bad in a place with lots of TV screens (McDonalds, etc), but I like to go eat with friends at "normal" places like HiWay Burger near my friends house.
Scott
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #1278 on: August 14, 2014, 03:32:33 pm »

My Lyme disease is pretty much cleared up now and I'm steadily regaining full internet access.  (I'm writing this from a hotel in NC.)

Oh, and if anyone happens to be in Archdale and wants to meet for coffee or something, f**king hit me up for it so I can get out of this boring hellhole. Tongue

Sad Hopefully things turn around for your cat. Mine was in the vet for a couple nights and just got back today. She wasn't eating and had gotten pretty lethargic. Turns out she has pancreatitis. It's scary when your cat is 12 years old and you start having to confront the fact that she won't be around forever. I feel for ya.

Prayers for your cat.  I don't know much about pancreatitis, but I'll certainly hope for the best. Sad

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Did you just discover this, or are you coming out now?

(I'm mostly curious because you were against SSM not too long ago... Tongue)
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -2.96

« Reply #1279 on: August 14, 2014, 03:56:24 pm »

I did not just discover it. I was just previously an idiot... and I know I owe an apology to a lot of people for that.

Having feelings for men and women has been trickier to navigate than it might seem, and I think I used it as an excuse to be dishonest about who I was and reach some warped conclusions about marriage. There was something appealing about being a contrarian in liberal Toronto; maybe I liked the attention. In the end, it was awful for me and my development and, frankly, turned me into a part of the problem. I wish I could go back and change it. For a long time I thought I could get away with never really confronting this side of myself, but the fact is I've been unhappy lately, and I think it's time for me to just be who I am. Unfortunately I'm finding the process a little more difficult in real life, but it'll happen eventually. Small steps.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1280 on: August 14, 2014, 04:13:05 pm »

My Lyme disease is pretty much cleared up now and I'm steadily regaining full internet access.  (I'm writing this from a hotel in NC.)
I read on FB that you were not only hacked but also wiretapped!! How did that come about, if you don't mind me asking?
Scott
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #1281 on: August 14, 2014, 04:36:01 pm »

I read on FB that you were not only hacked but also wiretapped!! How did that come about, if you don't mind me asking?

Well, my mom called Virgin Mobile when we were at a hotel in VA a few days ago.  According to the operator, this hack was unlike "anything he'd seen before," and that it was so severe it's more accurately classified as a wiretap.  (No, the NSA isn't on our tail, fortunately, but the bastard pulling this s**t on us isn't just some kid learning hacking tricks in his parents' basement.)

Oh yeah, and we got our identities stolen, too.  My mom needs to get new banking information and we both need to get new Social Security numbers.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1282 on: August 14, 2014, 04:45:57 pm »

Well, my mom called Virgin Mobile when we were at a hotel in VA a few days ago.  According to the operator, this hack was unlike "anything he'd seen before," and that it was so severe it's more accurately classified as a wiretap.  (No, the NSA isn't on our tail, fortunately, but the bastard pulling this s**t on us isn't just some kid learning hacking tricks in his parents' basement.)

Oh yeah, and we got our identities stolen, too.  My mom needs to get new banking information and we both need to get new Social Security numbers.

Scott, I am so sorry. Maybe this isn't the right thing to say, but gosh... I can't think of anyone who has had worse luck. We're all on your side, and hopefully everything you're dealing with will eventually resolve itself. If you need anything or wanna talk, let me know.
Scott
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #1283 on: August 14, 2014, 04:56:47 pm »

Scott, I am so sorry. Maybe this isn't the right thing to say, but gosh... I can't think of anyone who has had worse luck. We're all on your side, and hopefully everything you're dealing with will eventually resolve itself. If you need anything or wanna talk, let me know.

Thanks, Hagrid.  My mom and I certainly wouldn't disagree with you on that.  Everything's going to turn out okay eventually, but things certainly aren't pretty right now.  The only reason I'm able to even explain this stuff now is because I'm on a computer that didn't come in contact with our cell phones or laptops.  Apparently, viruses can be transmitted through WiFi and Bluetooth.  Who knew!
Mangez des pommes !
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

« Reply #1284 on: August 15, 2014, 08:48:44 am »

Sad Hopefully things turn around for your cat. Mine was in the vet for a couple nights and just got back today. She wasn't eating and had gotten pretty lethargic. Turns out she has pancreatitis. It's scary when your cat is 12 years old and you start having to confront the fact that she won't be around forever. I feel for ya.

Also, I'm bi.

You took this trope quite literally, it seems. Wink
look, fat
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1285 on: August 15, 2014, 01:45:20 pm »

Hard to believe this is my last week in NH. Thursday I'll be heading back to PA for college.
Vega
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1286 on: August 15, 2014, 01:46:56 pm »

Hard to believe this is my last week in NH. Thursday I'll be heading back to PA for college.

You've probably said it on here, but what college do you go to?
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1287 on: August 15, 2014, 05:09:50 pm »

Got home from my last day of work a few hours ago. I'd had one hour of sleep and am sick plus was denied lunch by an overzealous foreman who had us working on some of the more tedious details of the job. I'm honestly surprised their plan to kill me off before I could cash my last paycheck didn't succeed.

I've got a week until school starts, whereupon I'll likely be a research assistant for the Poli-Sci department while working as my Fraternity's Secretary and being involved in the Student Government Association. Also considering picking up an extra class to segue into double-majoring with Criminal Justice. It'll hopefully be a productive semester.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1288 on: August 15, 2014, 06:03:17 pm »

I hate my job. Today I got a taste of how truly vicious and backstabbing lawyers can be, even to the point of hurting their own clients' interests for the sake of being vindictive and petty. I will not elaborate here for sake of client privilege, but I am going to be seeking new employment, hopefully in a different city.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1289 on: August 16, 2014, 12:38:03 am »

Uh oh.

Back in the spring, I was planning on living in the House during the upcoming school year. However, due to some complications, I kept the room that I reserved on campus and will be moving there in a week. Thing is, I told my would-be roommate specifically that I wouldn't be cancelling my room and he still thought I was leaving and changed rooms so he could be the roommate of one of our pledge brothers who didn't have one. Idiot. In any case, that left me without a roommate for the time being. That was until today, when I opened up an email to discover that a drug dealer kid who I know and who tried to rush last semester is now my roommate. He's not bad to get along with, but he's suspiciously nice, has that scumbag air to him, and I have a bad feeling he'll want to use me as a bridge to the Fraternity, which I can't have. I'm considering picking up a sixth class just to have an excuse to be away from my room. Also, a friend of mine is down the hall, so I can hang out at her place, hopefully. Ugh. Just made the upcoming semester a little bit more difficult.
Eastern Kentucky Demosaur fighting the long defeat
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1290 on: August 16, 2014, 08:01:38 pm »

I've moved to Boston for grad school.
HokeyDood
HockeyDude
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1291 on: August 16, 2014, 08:35:02 pm »

Great!  I hope you can find it in your heart to indulge in all the seedy hedonism the Boston underground has to offer.
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1292 on: August 16, 2014, 08:44:20 pm »

Great!  I hope you can find it in your heart to indulge in all the seedy hedonism the Boston underground has to offer.

I'll take that as generic well-wishing, so thank you.
Ebowed
YaBB God

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1293 on: August 16, 2014, 11:09:23 pm »

I went skydiving yesterday.  It was incredible.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1294 on: August 16, 2014, 11:18:00 pm »

Just watched Fargo. That movie was incredible. Best I've seen since Llewlyn Davis earlier this year, proving the Coen brothers are amazing.
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix

« Reply #1295 on: August 16, 2014, 11:32:22 pm »

Just watched Fargo. That movie was incredible. Best I've seen since Llewlyn Davis earlier this year, proving the Coen brothers are amazing.

Creepy, I just watched Fargo a couple nights ago with my mom. It totally went over her lol, but I love the artistry of Indie films.
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1296 on: August 17, 2014, 05:05:58 pm »

I've already told a few people this privately but I've hesitated to tell the forum at large. I'm finally going the distance and going through a gender-presentation transition. (I'd use a less queer-theory-ese term for this but as it turns out none are really accurate.)

I understand if some of the more socon posters with whom I'm friendly aren't entirely comfortable with or accepting of this but I'd like to ask that they do the courtesy of not giving me grief over it. If anybody else gives me grief over it, I'll treat it as personal attack and use the report function accordingly.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1297 on: August 17, 2014, 05:34:12 pm »

I'm very unaware of gender theory, but does "gender-presentation transition" means we should now address you as female?
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #1298 on: August 17, 2014, 05:54:13 pm »

Should we still call you Nathan?
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1299 on: August 17, 2014, 05:56:22 pm »

I'm very unaware of gender theory, but does "gender-presentation transition" means we should now address you as female?

Yes.

That would probably be easiest and I don't object to it as long as there's an awareness that it reflects a state of things that doesn't obtain any more. Thank you for asking.
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies