Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:12:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129131 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #450 on: March 06, 2014, 05:47:11 PM »

Ugh, the ACT signup was a battle far worse than the SAT one, and now my printer won't work. Did Obamacare hire these people or something??
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #451 on: March 06, 2014, 05:48:30 PM »

I got my undergraduate diploma in the mail today. Backdated to February 1. So that part of my life is officially over, I suppose.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #452 on: March 06, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »

I got my undergraduate diploma in the mail today. Backdated to February 1. So that part of my life is officially over, I suppose.

Congratulations, Nathan.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #453 on: March 06, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »

Ah, life is good. The modular results for January are in; 97.5 percent in Economics, 87 percent in Philosophy. I repeat, life is good.

Congratulations, Cassius. I may otherwise consider you an HP, but as a fellow student fighting his way through exams at the moment...solidarity!

Oh definitely. Exams, I find, always draw together even the bitterest of opponents, united in the face of a greater enemy. So good luck to you in your exams too!

Indeed. Thanks Smiley
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #454 on: March 06, 2014, 05:56:19 PM »

Ah, life is good. The modular results for January are in; 97.5 percent in Economics, 87 percent in Philosophy. I repeat, life is good.

Awesome, but the real question is, are you an Oxford scholar?
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #455 on: March 06, 2014, 05:58:53 PM »

Why did it come by mail? Did you graduate through an online program?

No, I was an on-campus student; that's just how the university did it. I'm not sure why but it could have something to do with the fact that I finished in December and as such am graduating in an entirely different time of year to the commencement ceremony.

Thank you, Vega!
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #456 on: March 06, 2014, 06:05:49 PM »

Believe it or not, I still haven't received mine. And I'm well into my second graduate semester. Tongue
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #457 on: March 06, 2014, 06:14:56 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2014, 06:18:56 PM by Sawxsylvania »

Two exams down, four more to go until I can leave. I have the outline that I raged about and a speech to do tomorrow, and an exam on Monday and Friday. Then I spend a week back in NH.

Essentially I found out that my sister's staying past my spring break, but that's fine. tl;dr, she moved up for a completely different reason than "I like it up in NH so I want to move up here now", and it's so serious that deadlines are irrelevant. I just didn't know what was actually going on with that, so instead of staying in Pennsylvania with a friend, I'm heading back. Basically, whatever grievances I have that aren't met are mainly a bunch of unimportant bullsh*t like when we leave.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #458 on: March 06, 2014, 06:30:52 PM »
« Edited: March 06, 2014, 06:34:58 PM by Speaker Scott »

Today I applied for what I hope will be my first paying job.  Basically, the company lets people submit audio clips, videos, documents, and immigration papers, and someone will translate or transcribe the files for a fair price.  Since I don't have any meaningful foreign language skills, I'll have to stick to audio-text conversion.  The working conditions are pretty much all you could ask for from a part-time job: decent pay ($241 per month on average), work from home, and you get to work as much or as little as you'd like and choose the clients you want to transcribe for.  Part of the application process, of course, is submitting a sample transcript of a random audio file they provide you, and you have to write under very specific guidelines, so it's not as easy as it sounds.

Anyway, I think my resume is pretty fresh and I'm pretty confident in my chances here.  I'll hear back from them in three weeks or less.  I'd tell you all the name of the company, but I don't want any employee competition... just yet. Wink

Glad to hear, Nathan!

Nice.  My high school flirted with the idea of introducing a philosophy class a year or two ago, but that never went into effect, last I heard.  Kind of a shame.  It's a good study if you're into it.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #459 on: March 06, 2014, 09:33:51 PM »

Also, if any of you guys came to Michigan, is it possible you would buy for me? My ban's useless and I'm at home, so no brothers of mine are around and I'm running out. This sucks.
Ban?
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #460 on: March 06, 2014, 09:37:41 PM »

Watching Rambo III. This is a pretty awesome flick. Need some more "loosening agent". I'm running low, though.

Loosening Agent?

= Pot?
Paul Kemp
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #461 on: March 06, 2014, 09:38:26 PM »

Watching Rambo III. This is a pretty awesome flick. Need some more "loosening agent". I'm running low, though.

Loosening Agent?

= Pot?

Lube.
Vega
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #462 on: March 06, 2014, 09:47:19 PM »

Loosening Agent?

= Pot?

Alcohol. A friend of mine used this phrase, I was hoping it was universal.

Ah, I see. Sorry.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #463 on: March 06, 2014, 10:26:41 PM »

Be careful, Scott. That job listing sounds a lot like a scam.

Fortunately, this one doesn't seem to be.  It's been given mostly positive reviews and was recommended by trusted groups like AARP.  My mom told me about it when she found an ad in a magazine.  There were a few employee complaints, but I think it's worth a shot.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #464 on: March 06, 2014, 10:45:30 PM »

If anyone starts to wonder, at this point I'm deliberately posting like a dick. For future reference.

I can tell... Tongue
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #465 on: March 06, 2014, 11:14:37 PM »

Loosening Agent?

= Pot?

Alcohol. A friend of mine used this phrase, I was hoping it was universal.

Ah, I see. Sorry.

No problem.

And Scott, do you really count "working from home" as your "first job"?

I'm pretty sure than the IRS counts that as employment.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #466 on: March 07, 2014, 02:17:06 PM »

Made amends with my group leader. We're tight now. Out of all the advantages guys have in the world, the fact that we can fight and act like it never happened an hour later is fine with me.

Also got a 90 on my speech.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #467 on: March 07, 2014, 03:28:05 PM »

Most pointless day of school. Ever.

1st hour was a normal, uneventful class. My Marine Biology teacher just made us do a crossword with forty questions related to the notes.

2nd hour Algebra was the first of many substitutes we had today. My Algebra II teacher’s mother has had alzheimers for a while and had a minor stroke, so she went to visit her in the hospital. She was back by third hour, but we lucked out and didn’t do anything in class. She’s gonna be gone all next week (her son is getting married in Ireland, so her husband (the principal) and her are going to be gone.

3rd hour history is always chaotic, since our teacher is a 50 year old post adolescence manchild. The guy eats McDonald’s happy meals and watches the Regular Show. He is married to a flight attendant who lives in Germany and he took her maiden name. He’s quite the character. He was gone today (he was sick) and one our teachers granddaughters (who graduated the year I started) was subbing. She’s hysterical. We again did not work or do anything for an hour, and I read about thirty pages of Jimmy Carter’s White House Diary.

4th hour is English. We have been reading “Death of a Salesman” aloud, and some people are very (painfully) slow readers. I finished the book two days ago, and continued along with the Carter book.

5th hour is Study Hall. The librarian is married to my humanities teacher (whose mother died last night after starving herself in hospice after his father died last week) so she was with her husband. Again, I meditated (and transcended) in an easy chair while pretending to sleep and then read another fifty pages of the Carter book before going to lunch.

7th hour was humanities. My teacher was gone for reasons already stated, so we just did book work, which I finished in five minutes. 8th hour was cancelled, as the annual teacher-student basketball game was going on. It was bullsh**t, because you had to attend, and you had to pay a dollar to get in. So they basically robbed me of a dollar. Take a wild guess what I read throughout the game….Wink
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #468 on: March 07, 2014, 05:13:17 PM »

Made amends with my group leader. We're tight now. Out of all the advantages guys have in the world, the fact that we can fight and act like it never happened an hour later is fine with me.

Also got a 90 on my speech.

Are you from New Jersey Sawx? Grin
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #469 on: March 07, 2014, 05:15:28 PM »

Sanchez, whenever you say that you transcended, I assume you mean you smoked weed in a corner or something. Is this true?
Transcedental meditation Tongue.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #470 on: March 07, 2014, 09:45:35 PM »

I was making campaign calls and during one conversation I asked about the Democratic primary and this guy said "Thou shalt not speak bad about thy own Democrats. "
tik 🪀✨
ComradeCarter
Junior Chimp
Australia
« Reply #471 on: March 08, 2014, 10:41:16 PM »

Biked 25 k's and my legs are made of jello.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #472 on: March 09, 2014, 12:19:42 AM »

UNC lost to DUke tonight and I came home to reassess my life. RIP Sad
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #473 on: March 09, 2014, 03:35:09 PM »

My cousin got engaged today.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #474 on: March 09, 2014, 08:23:25 PM »

I was making campaign calls and during one conversation I asked about the Democratic primary and this guy said "Thou shalt not speak bad about thy own Democrats. "
I was threatened with arrest by one woman who I called twice by mistake when I was phone banking Tongue. As an introvert, phone banking terrified me, and even when I got used to it, it was still a huge drain.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies