Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 20, 2019, 09:42:35 pm
News: 2020 Presidential Predictions (General) are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, Cath, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 102013 times)
TDAS04
YaBB God
Nepal

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #625 on: March 26, 2014, 12:34:04 pm »

Thank you!

I probably won't see him (the baby) until he is several months old.  My sister lives in Paris with her French husband (my sister is American).  The baby will have dual citizenship.
Having a half-french aunt/nephew will be awesome, I can assure you Tongue.

My nephew will be every bit as eligible to run for POTUS (as far as the birth qualification goes) as Ted Cruz.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #626 on: March 30, 2014, 10:14:50 am »

Sigma Sigma Sigma formal last night, after that, Buffalo Wild Wings. Damned dry formals. In any case, accidentally ordered a side of "dry" wings which turned out to be pretty awesome. Thinking about them makes me want to go get more...
gay gay gay bathhouses
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #627 on: March 30, 2014, 03:26:20 pm »

The Sawxes are now an Obamacare family. We save a solid $800 a month now.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #628 on: March 31, 2014, 04:59:17 pm »

The process for elections (for the fall semester) begins tonight, and I've got my pledge class' bench lined up. With the junior (soon to be senior) class practically worthless, it's up to us and the sophomores. This'll be good.
InvisibleTrump
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #629 on: March 31, 2014, 05:02:10 pm »

About 20 members of the Junior class (including two friends of mine) were suspended for attending a party in which a beer bottle was broken over the head of a student from a nearby public school (causing a nasty gash). The school has been pretty good as far as most private schools go in not intruding into the off campus affairs of its students, but the police arrived and demanded to speak with the students involved. We still don't know who threw the bottle or who got injured.

I wrote a brief poem mocking the whole thing. Apparently it spread around school and is considered hysterical. Who knew I could be funny (whatever that is Tongue)?
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #630 on: March 31, 2014, 05:32:30 pm »

The Sawxes are now an Obamacare family. We save a solid $800 a month now.
$800 dollars a month? God bless Obama.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #631 on: March 31, 2014, 10:07:43 pm »

Indy bench pressed 75 lbs today. I realize how pitifully small that sounds to some of you but keep in mind I'd never used free weights in my life up until a few weeks ago and I'm trying to rebuild my body after nearly a year of treating it very badly and eating next to nothing apart from coffee, alcohol, sleeping pills and antidepressants.

I can't seem to gain any weight though. I bought some kind of mass builder powder that I've been drinking with 2% milk after I work out, but I still can't get over 150 pounds.
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #632 on: March 31, 2014, 11:43:35 pm »

Well, here's hoping I don't get murdered.
J-Mann
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #633 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:34 pm »

Indy bench pressed 75 lbs today. I realize how pitifully small that sounds to some of you but keep in mind I'd never used free weights in my life up until a few weeks ago and I'm trying to rebuild my body after nearly a year of treating it very badly and eating next to nothing apart from coffee, alcohol, sleeping pills and antidepressants.

I can't seem to gain any weight though. I bought some kind of mass builder powder that I've been drinking with 2% milk after I work out, but I still can't get over 150 pounds.

Try this workout for eight weeks -- I put on 30 lbs while doing it.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/insane-like-bane-training-program
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #634 on: April 01, 2014, 05:11:52 pm »

Just checked my student email. Apparently, Ford is giving out some grant for whoever can design a service learning project fitted to meet the needs of yadda yadda yadda. While I'm sure there are folks that might be good at this, I'm not. Thus, as I was about to dismiss the thing entirely, I saw the name of the sender; a pretty hot MBA chick who'd spoken twice in panels in my Catholicism class. I now have some very important decisions to make.

In other news, I've been nominated for a couple of positions. There are two I probably can't get elected to (Vice President's a pretty big long shot), and two that I could probably win. Thing is, out of those two, the one I don't really care for has a guy form my pledge class in it that I think could do well. However, if I can't get the third position (Secretary), then that'd be my last shot at winning anything. Moral dilemmas. The best course of action, of course, is to win one of the first three. We'll see how things go.
gay gay gay bathhouses
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #635 on: April 06, 2014, 10:54:40 am »

I went full Atlas last night.

Guys, don't go full Atlas
Solidarity Forever
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #636 on: April 06, 2014, 01:15:39 pm »

I went full Atlas last night.

Guys, don't go full Atlas

Juicy details?
gay gay gay bathhouses
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #637 on: April 06, 2014, 02:11:10 pm »

Decided to explain to a group of people (including the girl I'm into), with maps, about my theory about Flight 370 and where I was from.

In all fairness nobody was sober, but it's safe to say I made sh*tting the bed look like an Olympic sport
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #638 on: April 06, 2014, 02:27:56 pm »

Decided to explain to a group of people (including the girl I'm into), with maps, about my theory about Flight 370 and where I was from.

In all fairness nobody was sober, but it's safe to say I made sh*tting the bed look like an Olympic sport

I once tried to explain how the film "300" (and, by proxy, the graphic novel) was an allegory for war against Islam while under similar mental conditions.
Eastern Kentucky Demosaur fighting the long defeat
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #639 on: April 06, 2014, 05:39:50 pm »

I turn twenty-one in two days. Since I don't really ever plan on drinking regularly, I'm going to buy a bottle of white wine, and then use it to make a sauce for some fish I'm cooking for friends who will be visiting next weekend. Also I'm trying to work out housing for my time at B.U. School of Theology and I'm starting to get really worried, since I don't deal well with roommates and don't want to have to ride the T to get to class, so my options are somewhat self-limiting.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #640 on: April 06, 2014, 08:10:04 pm »

Have been very busy with lots of projects lately, and so have not been posting much.  I've been playing a lot of chess on Gameknot and have achieved a much higher rating than I had when I was in my early 20's playing tournaments, so am thinking about getting back into over-the-board live tournament play.  I'm going to be taking a leave of absence from my job here to teach for a year in Halifax, Nova Scotia for AY 2014-15, after which I'll return to my department here to begin my first term as its chair.  I'm also going to visit Columbia next March for some lectures and to spend time with friends, which I'm quite happy about because it will be my first trip to South America.  I'm generally too busy, but otherwise life has been good.

Hope those of you having a hard time yourselves lately or who have loved ones struggling will be met with a change of fortune soon.  Glad others are doing well.
Solidarity Forever
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #641 on: April 06, 2014, 09:37:18 pm »

I turn twenty-one in two days. Since I don't really ever plan on drinking regularly, I'm going to buy a bottle of white wine, and then use it to make a sauce for some fish I'm cooking for friends who will be visiting next weekend. Also I'm trying to work out housing for my time at B.U. School of Theology and I'm starting to get really worried, since I don't deal well with roommates and don't want to have to ride the T to get to class, so my options are somewhat self-limiting.

Huh. I thought you were older and wiser.
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #642 on: April 06, 2014, 10:38:14 pm »

Huh. I thought you were older and wiser.

Well, I've had an inordinate amount of sh[Inks] happen to me. My teen years did not treat me well.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #643 on: April 06, 2014, 10:58:52 pm »

I turn twenty-one in two days. Since I don't really ever plan on drinking regularly, I'm going to buy a bottle of white wine, and then use it to make a sauce for some fish I'm cooking for friends who will be visiting next weekend.

Sad

Couldn't you at least be one of those hipster micro-brew types?
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #644 on: April 07, 2014, 12:22:55 am »

I turn twenty-one in two days. Since I don't really ever plan on drinking regularly, I'm going to buy a bottle of white wine, and then use it to make a sauce for some fish I'm cooking for friends who will be visiting next weekend.

Sad

I would if I could but I have a family history of alcoholism that I'd like to avoid. I might finish off the wine if there's any left over.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2014, 12:24:41 am »

Sad

I would if I could but I have a family history of alcoholism that I'd like to avoid. I might finish off the wine if there's any left over.

Gotcha.
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:11 am »

On another note, under the circumstances I would strongly prefer not to be in love, but I have no idea any more.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2014, 12:35:50 am »

Well, it would be hard to be less vague than that.
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2014, 12:38:52 am »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 12:41:54 am by asexual trans victimologist »

I'm sorry but there really isn't that much more that I'm comfortable explaining. There's somebody in my life about whom I have very strong and complicated feelings, and because sex is off the table even as an abstract concept I have a hard time identifying what does and does not constitute romantic feeling. The circumstances of my relationship with this person make it pointedly preferable that the feelings not be romantic.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #649 on: April 07, 2014, 12:42:07 am »

I'm sorry but there really isn't that much more that I'm comfortable explaining. There's somebody in my life about whom I have very strong and complicated feelings, and because sex is off the table even as an abstract concept I have a hard time identifying what does and does not constitute romantic feeling. The circumstances of my relationship with this person make it pointedly preferable that the feelings not be romantic.

A nun?
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies