Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 22, 2019, 04:31:32 am
News: 2020 Presidential Predictions (Primary) are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, Cath, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 102046 times)
Eastern Kentucky Demosaur fighting the long defeat
Nathan
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #650 on: April 07, 2014, 12:54:17 am »
« edited: April 07, 2014, 12:57:37 am by asexual trans victimologist »

Well, it would be hard to be less vague than that.

I'm sorry but there really isn't that much more that I'm comfortable explaining. There's somebody in my life about whom I have very strong and complicated feelings, and because sex is off the table even as an abstract concept I have a hard time identifying what does and does not constitute romantic feeling. The circumstances of my relationship with this person make it pointedly preferable that the feelings not be romantic.

A nun?

No, just somebody with a very difficult personality. Sex is off the table for reasons to do with my personality, actually.
Mangez des pommes !
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

« Reply #651 on: April 07, 2014, 05:46:40 am »

Well, it would be hard to be less vague than that.

I'm sorry but there really isn't that much more that I'm comfortable explaining. There's somebody in my life about whom I have very strong and complicated feelings, and because sex is off the table even as an abstract concept I have a hard time identifying what does and does not constitute romantic feeling. The circumstances of my relationship with this person make it pointedly preferable that the feelings not be romantic.

You gave me precious advice when I was in a somewhat similar situation, so I owe you the same. I am not, obviously, in a position to give worthwhile advice on this subject, but I hope it can still help you a bit.

IMO, the only worthwhile question is whether the feeling is reciprocal. If it is, nothing wrong should come out of it (I know things are sometime more complicated than that, but still, I think it's better to live under the assumptions that things work this way) and you two should go as far as you both wish to. If it's not, but you still have some degree of intimacy with that person, then I think you two should have a frank honest conversation about it. Ambiguity is the single worst thing in those circumstances. Things won't necessarily be fine, but hopefully the person will understand your situation and you will maintain the relationship you had.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #652 on: April 07, 2014, 01:08:45 pm »

Elections tonight. "Electrogasm", a party we host every year, went off without a hitch despite the fact that our basement insisted on flooding due to the ridiculous weather we got. We're doing "White Trash Bash" this upcoming Friday. The Fraternity named a new sweetheart like... last Thursday and things have been chill with that.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #653 on: April 08, 2014, 12:37:25 am »

The good news: Won $330 at a pub quiz tonight, split three ways.  My favorite question of said quiz: after the USA, what country received the second-highest number of European immigrants during the great emigration wave from the mid-1800s to early 1900s?

The bad news: We whiffed on the number of California's Prop 13 (I thought it was Prop 17; one of my teammates thought it was 7 or 11).  Bah.  Way to lose all my Atlas cred. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

« Reply #654 on: April 08, 2014, 12:38:49 am »

Is the answer Argentina or Brazil?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #655 on: April 08, 2014, 12:44:33 am »
« Edited: April 08, 2014, 12:50:58 am by traininthedistance »

Argentina, which I figured out primarily because plenty of Italian (and German and even English, but mostly Italian) immigrants populate Jorge Luis Borges' stories.  

(And, well, Argentina is a lot whiter than the rest of Latin America, and it wasn't gonna be Canadia or Australia or anything like that.)
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #656 on: April 08, 2014, 12:45:49 am »

Turns out, with the right speech and previous good record, a guy who's only been fully active one semester can be elected Secretary (there's an official name, not worth explaining). Movin' up in the world.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P
« Reply #657 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:08 pm »

I'm having a dilemma. I've been talking to a bunch of girls off and on, and one of the girls lives in Raleigh. A few nights ago, she got drunk and started going off on how much she cared for me and liked me, and how much she misses me, and how I need to be around to take care of her and control her, and how I need to take all of her for myself. Now, that sounds fine, but I had no idea we were moving that far along. She's too far away to make anything of it, and I can't see her that often with my bar stuff coming up.

I'm also talking to another girl who goes to law school with me. She's a 1L.

I am about to get myself in a lot of trouble either way. I'm not sure how to avoid it.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #658 on: April 08, 2014, 02:42:16 pm »

I'm having a dilemma. I've been talking to a bunch of girls off and on, and one of the girls lives in Raleigh. A few nights ago, she got drunk and started going off on how much she cared for me and liked me, and how much she misses me, and how I need to be around to take care of her and control her, and how I need to take all of her for myself. Now, that sounds fine, but I had no idea we were moving that far along. She's too far away to make anything of it, and I can't see her that often with my bar stuff coming up.

I am about to get myself in a lot of trouble either way. I'm not sure how to avoid it.
Duke, you're not gay?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #659 on: April 08, 2014, 02:43:59 pm »

Duke, you're not gay?

Of course not.

I have been adopted as an honorary gay by the forum, but sadly, I am not gay. Sad I am forever destined to deal with women and their troubles.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #660 on: April 08, 2014, 02:46:45 pm »

Duke, you're not gay?

Of course not.

I have been adopted as an honorary gay by the forum, but sadly, I am not gay. Sad I am forever destined to deal with women and their troubles.
So your love story with AndrewTexas was a total fake? Congratulations, I have seriously believed you were in relationship with him Tongue.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #661 on: April 08, 2014, 02:48:21 pm »

Duke, you're not gay?

Of course not.

So your love story with AndrewTexas was a total fake? Congratulations, I have seriously believed you were in relationship with him Tongue.

Well, I love AndrewTX and Marokai with all of my heart and soul. It's complicated, really... I have so many complicated relationships in my life. Probably more than most here.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #662 on: April 08, 2014, 02:49:18 pm »

Duke, you're not gay?

Of course not.

Well, I love AndrewTX and Marokai with all of my heart and soul. It's complicated, really... I have so many complicated relationships in my life. Probably more than most here.
Maybe you're simply bisexual? Tongue
Commrade Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Ukraine
« Reply #663 on: April 08, 2014, 03:01:51 pm »

He'd be better off if he was.  Less girl problems.  Wink
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #664 on: April 08, 2014, 03:05:55 pm »

No, I'm not bisexual either. But yeah, as Grumps said, my life would be a lot easier if I was. Tongue
Commrade Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Ukraine
« Reply #665 on: April 08, 2014, 03:08:33 pm »

No, I'm not bisexual either. But yeah, as Grumps said, my life would be a lot easier if I was. Tongue

Dude, I've notice you're drawn to the clingy babes............not good. Sad
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #666 on: April 08, 2014, 03:11:11 pm »

Dude, I've notice you're drawn to the clingy babes............not good. Sad

Aren't they all that way? Maybe it's a southern girl thing?

I guess I just engage with the wrong types. Now the waters are going to get muddy again, but thankfully I'll have so much work to do I won't have any time to be available to deal with it.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #667 on: April 08, 2014, 03:12:13 pm »

It's so complicate to understand you! That's why you're interesting!

------
And Grumps, I'm not sure I agree with you. If he were bisexual= more problems because he would have boys problems too, wouldn't he? Tongue
Commrade Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Ukraine
« Reply #668 on: April 08, 2014, 03:35:29 pm »

------
And Grumps, I'm not sure I agree with you. If he were bisexual= more problems because he would have boys problems too, wouldn't he? Tongue

From what the elderly gay here have posted it's not such a big deal.  Maybe the  younger ones can weigh in.

Dukey, you need to find a proper southern belle, if such a thing exists.  Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #669 on: April 08, 2014, 04:11:52 pm »

------

From what the elderly gay here have posted it's not such a big deal.  Maybe the  younger ones can weigh in.

Dukey, you need to find a proper southern belle, if such a thing exists.  Smiley

the southern belles are the clingy ones... well actually all the girls I've come across are clingy in their own way. I wouldn't know what to do if they were independent.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #670 on: April 08, 2014, 04:23:25 pm »

Argentina, which I figured out primarily because plenty of Italian (and German and even English, but mostly Italian) immigrants populate Jorge Luis Borges' stories.  

(And, well, Argentina is a lot whiter than the rest of Latin America, and it wasn't gonna be Canadia or Australia or anything like that.)

Did 'which country was the first to introduce female suffrage' question come up. That piece of trivia has come in useful for me on many a school trip/end of year/New Years quiz Wink. Almost every time...
Flake
JacobTiver
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #671 on: April 11, 2014, 01:59:52 am »

Just registered for the ACT Tongue
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #672 on: April 11, 2014, 09:56:36 am »

I'm going to see the clingy girl this weekend. My plan is to make her aware that I will have almost no time to see her after this weekend because of exams and the bar. I'm hoping she will back off after that.

She's a sweet girl, but I have so much ahead of me that takes priority over anyone at this point. She says she understands that, but I really don't think she does.

I wish these girls wouldn't be so clingy with me.
Commrade Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Ukraine
« Reply #673 on: April 11, 2014, 10:20:38 am »

I'm going to see the clingy girl this weekend. My plan is to make her aware that I will have almost no time to see her after this weekend because of exams and the bar. I'm hoping she will back off after that.

She's a sweet girl, but I have so much ahead of me that takes priority over anyone at this point. She says she understands that, but I really don't think she does.

I wish these girls wouldn't be so clingy with me.

You do realize that getting her liquored up and banging her brains out is not going to help your cause here, right, Dukey?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #674 on: April 11, 2014, 12:48:53 pm »

Yeah I know. I need to be careful. Eventually I fear I'm going to have to upset her, but I can't let it get in the way of my future. She knows what's going on in my life. She needs to expect it.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 [27] 28 29 30 31 32 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies