Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 03:14:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129132 times)
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: March 30, 2014, 03:26:20 PM »

The Sawxes are now an Obamacare family. We save a solid $800 a month now.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #526 on: March 31, 2014, 05:02:10 PM »

About 20 members of the Junior class (including two friends of mine) were suspended for attending a party in which a beer bottle was broken over the head of a student from a nearby public school (causing a nasty gash). The school has been pretty good as far as most private schools go in not intruding into the off campus affairs of its students, but the police arrived and demanded to speak with the students involved. We still don't know who threw the bottle or who got injured.

I wrote a brief poem mocking the whole thing. Apparently it spread around school and is considered hysterical. Who knew I could be funny (whatever that is Tongue)?
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #527 on: March 31, 2014, 05:32:30 PM »

The Sawxes are now an Obamacare family. We save a solid $800 a month now.
$800 dollars a month? God bless Obama.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #528 on: March 31, 2014, 10:07:43 PM »

Indy bench pressed 75 lbs today. I realize how pitifully small that sounds to some of you but keep in mind I'd never used free weights in my life up until a few weeks ago and I'm trying to rebuild my body after nearly a year of treating it very badly and eating next to nothing apart from coffee, alcohol, sleeping pills and antidepressants.

I can't seem to gain any weight though. I bought some kind of mass builder powder that I've been drinking with 2% milk after I work out, but I still can't get over 150 pounds.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #529 on: March 31, 2014, 11:43:35 PM »

Well, here's hoping I don't get murdered.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #530 on: March 31, 2014, 11:53:34 PM »

Indy bench pressed 75 lbs today. I realize how pitifully small that sounds to some of you but keep in mind I'd never used free weights in my life up until a few weeks ago and I'm trying to rebuild my body after nearly a year of treating it very badly and eating next to nothing apart from coffee, alcohol, sleeping pills and antidepressants.

I can't seem to gain any weight though. I bought some kind of mass builder powder that I've been drinking with 2% milk after I work out, but I still can't get over 150 pounds.

Try this workout for eight weeks -- I put on 30 lbs while doing it.

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/insane-like-bane-training-program
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #531 on: April 06, 2014, 10:54:40 AM »

I went full Atlas last night.

Guys, don't go full Atlas
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #532 on: April 06, 2014, 01:15:39 PM »

I went full Atlas last night.

Guys, don't go full Atlas

Juicy details?
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #533 on: April 06, 2014, 02:11:10 PM »

Decided to explain to a group of people (including the girl I'm into), with maps, about my theory about Flight 370 and where I was from.

In all fairness nobody was sober, but it's safe to say I made sh*tting the bed look like an Olympic sport
World politics is up Schmitt creek
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #534 on: April 06, 2014, 05:39:50 PM »

I turn twenty-one in two days. Since I don't really ever plan on drinking regularly, I'm going to buy a bottle of white wine, and then use it to make a sauce for some fish I'm cooking for friends who will be visiting next weekend. Also I'm trying to work out housing for my time at B.U. School of Theology and I'm starting to get really worried, since I don't deal well with roommates and don't want to have to ride the T to get to class, so my options are somewhat self-limiting.
anvi
anvikshiki
YaBB God
Netherlands

« Reply #535 on: April 06, 2014, 08:10:04 PM »

Have been very busy with lots of projects lately, and so have not been posting much.  I've been playing a lot of chess on Gameknot and have achieved a much higher rating than I had when I was in my early 20's playing tournaments, so am thinking about getting back into over-the-board live tournament play.  I'm going to be taking a leave of absence from my job here to teach for a year in Halifax, Nova Scotia for AY 2014-15, after which I'll return to my department here to begin my first term as its chair.  I'm also going to visit Columbia next March for some lectures and to spend time with friends, which I'm quite happy about because it will be my first trip to South America.  I'm generally too busy, but otherwise life has been good.

Hope those of you having a hard time yourselves lately or who have loved ones struggling will be met with a change of fortune soon.  Glad others are doing well.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #536 on: April 06, 2014, 09:37:18 PM »

I turn twenty-one in two days. Since I don't really ever plan on drinking regularly, I'm going to buy a bottle of white wine, and then use it to make a sauce for some fish I'm cooking for friends who will be visiting next weekend. Also I'm trying to work out housing for my time at B.U. School of Theology and I'm starting to get really worried, since I don't deal well with roommates and don't want to have to ride the T to get to class, so my options are somewhat self-limiting.

Huh. I thought you were older and wiser.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #537 on: April 06, 2014, 10:38:14 PM »

Huh. I thought you were older and wiser.

Well, I've had an inordinate amount of sh[Inks] happen to me. My teen years did not treat me well.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #538 on: April 07, 2014, 12:22:55 AM »

I turn twenty-one in two days. Since I don't really ever plan on drinking regularly, I'm going to buy a bottle of white wine, and then use it to make a sauce for some fish I'm cooking for friends who will be visiting next weekend.

Sad

Couldn't you at least be one of those hipster micro-brew types?

I would if I could but I have a family history of alcoholism that I'd like to avoid. I might finish off the wine if there's any left over.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #539 on: April 07, 2014, 12:29:11 AM »

On another note, under the circumstances I would strongly prefer not to be in love, but I have no idea any more.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #540 on: April 07, 2014, 12:35:50 AM »

Well, it would be hard to be less vague than that.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #541 on: April 07, 2014, 12:38:52 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 12:41:54 AM by asexual trans victimologist »

I'm sorry but there really isn't that much more that I'm comfortable explaining. There's somebody in my life about whom I have very strong and complicated feelings, and because sex is off the table even as an abstract concept I have a hard time identifying what does and does not constitute romantic feeling. The circumstances of my relationship with this person make it pointedly preferable that the feelings not be romantic.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #542 on: April 07, 2014, 12:54:17 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 12:57:37 AM by asexual trans victimologist »

I'm sorry but there really isn't that much more that I'm comfortable explaining. There's somebody in my life about whom I have very strong and complicated feelings, and because sex is off the table even as an abstract concept I have a hard time identifying what does and does not constitute romantic feeling. The circumstances of my relationship with this person make it pointedly preferable that the feelings not be romantic.

A nun?

No, just somebody with a very difficult personality. Sex is off the table for reasons to do with my personality, actually.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #543 on: April 07, 2014, 05:46:40 AM »

You gave me precious advice when I was in a somewhat similar situation, so I owe you the same. I am not, obviously, in a position to give worthwhile advice on this subject, but I hope it can still help you a bit.

IMO, the only worthwhile question is whether the feeling is reciprocal. If it is, nothing wrong should come out of it (I know things are sometime more complicated than that, but still, I think it's better to live under the assumptions that things work this way) and you two should go as far as you both wish to. If it's not, but you still have some degree of intimacy with that person, then I think you two should have a frank honest conversation about it. Ambiguity is the single worst thing in those circumstances. Things won't necessarily be fine, but hopefully the person will understand your situation and you will maintain the relationship you had.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #544 on: April 08, 2014, 12:37:25 AM »

The good news: Won $330 at a pub quiz tonight, split three ways.  My favorite question of said quiz: after the USA, what country received the second-highest number of European immigrants during the great emigration wave from the mid-1800s to early 1900s?

The bad news: We whiffed on the number of California's Prop 13 (I thought it was Prop 17; one of my teammates thought it was 7 or 11).  Bah.  Way to lose all my Atlas cred. Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #545 on: April 08, 2014, 12:38:49 AM »

Is the answer Argentina or Brazil?
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #546 on: April 08, 2014, 12:44:33 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2014, 12:50:58 AM by traininthedistance »

Is the answer Argentina or Brazil?

Argentina, which I figured out primarily because plenty of Italian (and German and even English, but mostly Italian) immigrants populate Jorge Luis Borges' stories.  

(And, well, Argentina is a lot whiter than the rest of Latin America, and it wasn't gonna be Canadia or Australia or anything like that.)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #547 on: April 08, 2014, 02:40:08 PM »

I'm having a dilemma. I've been talking to a bunch of girls off and on, and one of the girls lives in Raleigh. A few nights ago, she got drunk and started going off on how much she cared for me and liked me, and how much she misses me, and how I need to be around to take care of her and control her, and how I need to take all of her for myself. Now, that sounds fine, but I had no idea we were moving that far along. She's too far away to make anything of it, and I can't see her that often with my bar stuff coming up.

I'm also talking to another girl who goes to law school with me. She's a 1L.

I am about to get myself in a lot of trouble either way. I'm not sure how to avoid it.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #548 on: April 08, 2014, 02:42:16 PM »

I'm having a dilemma. I've been talking to a bunch of girls off and on, and one of the girls lives in Raleigh. A few nights ago, she got drunk and started going off on how much she cared for me and liked me, and how much she misses me, and how I need to be around to take care of her and control her, and how I need to take all of her for myself. Now, that sounds fine, but I had no idea we were moving that far along. She's too far away to make anything of it, and I can't see her that often with my bar stuff coming up.

I am about to get myself in a lot of trouble either way. I'm not sure how to avoid it.
Duke, you're not gay?
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #549 on: April 08, 2014, 02:43:59 PM »

Duke, you're not gay?

Of course not.

I have been adopted as an honorary gay by the forum, but sadly, I am not gay. Sad I am forever destined to deal with women and their troubles.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies