Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:55:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128954 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #575 on: April 16, 2014, 02:29:28 PM »

I did not use a wrapper, no. I'm bad about that kind of stuff.
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #576 on: April 16, 2014, 04:15:51 PM »

Apparently the #CancelColbert girl is coming to my school Friday.

I'm all for LGBT equality but I'm not pleased my tuition is going to support this crap
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #577 on: April 16, 2014, 06:54:01 PM »

Am launching an impromptu campaign for any position on my school's Student Government Association. There are three offices open and the only official candidate is running only for President, so I'm hoping my ~3 write-in votes so far can get me places. I'm utilizing social media just like Obama taught me and am hoping it pays off.
Can I be your Chuck Colson?
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #578 on: April 16, 2014, 07:43:25 PM »

Sister is apparently staying up in NH past the day I get back, and I'm fine with that. The reason why she's up here (that I'd rather not get into) is so serious that "deadlines" are really irrelevant.

It's been a long road for the poor girl, but we're in the end-game now. I'm confident that she has a backup plan if this doesn't work out, and she's working her ass off to get out of here. I'm glad we all can finally put this behind us.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #579 on: April 17, 2014, 06:32:26 AM »

I'm all for LGBT equality but I'm not pleased my tuition is going to support this crap

Wait, why are LGBT activists going after Colbert?
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« Reply #580 on: April 17, 2014, 06:38:37 AM »

I did not use a wrapper, no. I'm bad about that kind of stuff.

Seriously? Ugh, it's not that difficult lol
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #581 on: April 17, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »

When I got back to my room last night/this morning, I put a bottle of whisky in my freezer. I'd put stuff in there before, but I guess I hadn't accounted for the fact that Jim Beam fifths are rectangular in body while Royal Canadian is round. In any case, roll, roll, roll, crash, and that was the end of that. I suck.

When I was a freshman, I more or less had a tantrum when one of my roommates attempted to keep alcohol in the freezer (Vodka) and beer in the fridge. I basically told him he could keep them anywhere but the fridge/freezer. So he kept the vodka in his room at room temp and simply did his beer drinking elsewhere. He didn't like me very much.
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #582 on: April 17, 2014, 01:14:19 PM »

She's speaking at a pro-LGBT conference at my uni about feminism. It's not really an LGBT thing.

I'm completely behind the social justice movement, but I'm not behind juvenile SJW bullsh*t. And if you look at Suey Park's interview, she has the mentality of a SJW.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #583 on: April 17, 2014, 01:19:11 PM »

She's speaking at a pro-LGBT conference at my uni about feminism. It's not really an LGBT thing.

I'm completely behind the social justice movement, but I'm not behind juvenile SJW bullsh*t. And if you look at Suey Park's interview, she has the mentality of a SJW.

But again, why would these groups of people have anything against Colbert? He seems pretty clearly to be on the right side of social justice issues.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #584 on: April 17, 2014, 02:44:53 PM »

I get to read Psalm 22 at a Good Friday service tomorrow.  I pointed out that it can be read in a fairly dramatic fashion, and have been given free reign to do so, tho I wonder if they realize how far I can go in that direction.  (Keep in mind that I thoroughly enjoyed Theodore Roosevelt in a production of Arsenic and Old Lace some years ago, and was willing to get so much into the part that I shaved off my beard to go back to only a mustache even tho that was not a requirement for that particular production.)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #585 on: April 17, 2014, 06:22:58 PM »

I ran a mile further and 42 seconds less per mile today than my previous 10 runs. Not sure if it's my law school classes ending for good today or what, but I sure felt great running. I improved my time the further I ran!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #586 on: April 17, 2014, 08:02:18 PM »

I've decided that I want Putin to invade the 2016 board. Can we arrange this?
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #587 on: April 17, 2014, 09:19:32 PM »

I've decided that I want Putin to invade the 2016 board. Can we arrange this?
No.  Putin only invades when he thinks it is in his interest.  It is in absolutely no one's interest to annex the 2016 board.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #588 on: April 19, 2014, 11:12:17 AM »

So my brother is home, and I caught him watching "50/50" on one of those sorta sketchy free movie sites. How did he even find out about that movie? Not that I'm upset (he can't understand any of the humor or the plot), but why "50/50" and not the normal Sesame Street/Barney's Backyard Bonanza?

He got half way through the movie before he decided to watch "Thomas Comes To Breakfast" on my visiting cousin's I-pad.
they don't love you like i love you
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #589 on: April 19, 2014, 11:20:59 AM »

But again, why would these groups of people have anything against Colbert? He seems pretty clearly to be on the right side of social justice issues.

This girl started the #CancelColbert hashtag because he (in character obviously) made a racist joke against Asians on his show, to mock the Redskins owner trying to deflect criticism of his racist team name and mascot by donating some money to some Native American foundation. The show's Twitter (which of course is not made by Colbert himself) retweeted the joke but with the context missing it sounded worse than it actually was. It was deleted but that wasn't enough for her and a couple of her colleagues who started the campaign. Backlash resulted, mostly just laughing at her but of course there was a little bit of sexist and racist comments which she cherry picked to highlight and prove she was right all along. All around stupidity ensues.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #590 on: April 19, 2014, 11:45:35 AM »

This girl started the #CancelColbert hashtag because he (in character obviously) made a racist joke against Asians on his show, to mock the Redskins owner trying to deflect criticism of his racist team name and mascot by donating some money to some Native American foundation. The show's Twitter (which of course is not made by Colbert himself) retweeted the joke but with the context missing it sounded worse than it actually was. It was deleted but that wasn't enough for her and a couple of her colleagues who started the campaign. Backlash resulted, mostly just laughing at her but of course there was a little bit of sexist and racist comments which she cherry picked to highlight and prove she was right all along. All around stupidity ensues.

Uggggh...
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #591 on: April 19, 2014, 11:57:29 AM »

I am still concerned that my reading of Psalm 22 at the Good Friday service was overdramatic given the way the rest of the service went. But it got good reviews, so what do I know?  I will say this tho, the NRSV is not the best translation for a dramatic reading of Psalm 22, but as it's the version in the pew Bibles, it is what I went with.
Hifly
hifly15

« Reply #592 on: April 19, 2014, 12:02:20 PM »

I am still concerned that my reading of Psalm 22 at the Good Friday service was overdramatic given the way the rest of the service went. But it got good reviews, so what do I know?  I will say this tho, the NRSV is not the best translation for a dramatic reading of Psalm 22, but as it's the version in the pew Bibles, it is what I went with.

Did you guys also do the Prayer for the Faithless Jews?
AndrewTX
AndrewCT
Junior Chimp

« Reply #593 on: April 19, 2014, 12:25:08 PM »

Well, I actually beat my expected goal. What I expected to lose in 6 months, I lost in 5. As my college Dean once said, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". My hard work has paid off, and I'm excited to work at my next goal. I'm happy to have lost all this weight, and can't wait to see all the new opportunities that life has to show me.
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #594 on: April 19, 2014, 12:27:47 PM »

Did you guys also do the Prayer for the Faithless Jews?

Not quite.  There were quite a few prayers including a prayer for the Jews, a prayer for those theists who don't believe in Christ, and a prayer for atheists, but not one specific to faithless Jews.

The prayer for the Jews was:
Almighty and eternal God,
long ago you gave your promise to Abraham and your teaching to Moses.
Hear our prayers that the people you called and elected as your own
may receive the fulfillment of the covenant's promises.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.

The prayer for non-Christian theists was:
Almighty and eternal God, gather into your embrace
all those who cal out to you under different names.
Bring an end to inter-religious strife,
and make us more faithful witnesses
of the love made known to us in your Son.
We ask this through Christ our Lord.
Amen.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #595 on: April 19, 2014, 12:53:11 PM »

Well, I actually beat my expected goal. What I expected to lose in 6 months, I lost in 5. As my college Dean once said, "Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son". My hard work has paid off, and I'm excited to work at my next goal. I'm happy to have lost all this weight, and can't wait to see all the new opportunities that life has to show me.

Congratulations Smiley
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #596 on: April 19, 2014, 12:55:41 PM »

Congrats, sweetie. I'm proud of you!
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #597 on: April 19, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »

Sounds like the girl from Feminist frequency.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #598 on: April 19, 2014, 01:22:18 PM »

Got a call from a couple schools, asking me to come try out for the football team. So im going to Wazzu tomorrow, and UW on Tuesday. After that im heading to Olympia, to have lunch with my State Senator, and pick up my kids. Oh and as of today im officially engaged!
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #599 on: April 19, 2014, 01:39:09 PM »

Got a call from a couple schools, asking me to come try out for the football team. So im going to Wazzu tomorrow, and UW on Tuesday. After that im heading to Olympia, to have lunch with my State Senator, and pick up my kids. Oh and as of today im officially engaged!

You're old enough to be engaged and have kids but young enough to still be trying out for college football teams? What's going on, son?
I was sexually abused by an older girl. That gave me my son, then my daughter was born because of a fling with a ex. Also my mother gave me permission to marry her.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies