Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:49:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 57
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129025 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #675 on: May 02, 2014, 03:37:27 PM »

Looks like I am in fact going to prom as a college freshman. First time in my life with a date. This is a rather strange world I've landed in.

I did that and I'm marrying the girl... no pressure
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #676 on: May 02, 2014, 03:40:56 PM »

Started my job search today (graduating around Christmas) by sending off two applications. It was slow going and took most of the afternoon. Should speed up now that I have a generic resume/cover letter that I can edit to fit the job posting. I have about half a dozen jobs in the pipeline that I'll be applying two this weekend.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #677 on: May 02, 2014, 03:47:31 PM »

I went for my jog today down here in Corpus..which is the same as everyday. When I was done, I stopped at this bar on the beach and had a few glasses of vodka.. and now i'm sitting drunk in my hotel room, eating green beans. What the hell is wrong with my life?

It sounds like this is a real problem..do you need to talk to someone?

I think I might. I mean, back in the day I'd do the same exact thing, but I'd go all Hasselhoff and be eating a burger on the ground. Now I'm eating green beans.. life is messed up. Also I can't stop burping and tasting that vodka. That's a good thing tho.

I do that a lot, not alone, but when I start drinking, sometimes I just drink a lot. Not always. It just depends. Tomorrow is going to be a real sloppy day once I finish my last law school exam ever.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #678 on: May 02, 2014, 04:38:00 PM »

As a prefect, I've been landed with the onerous duty of rounding up money for the end of year school ball/prom from recalcitrant stragglers. Oh well, at least I have a date this year, unlike last time (which was a rather comical affair).
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #679 on: May 02, 2014, 05:24:24 PM »

"Opposition to our voter fraud is racism!" said the new President of our College Republican here, to general derision and bafflement.

I like this fun comment, tho I think it isn't actually by the person it claims to be:
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #680 on: May 02, 2014, 10:30:03 PM »

I'm going to make a decision by the end of this weekend for the four colleges I'll be applying to.
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #681 on: May 03, 2014, 05:49:04 AM »

I'm going to make a decision by the end of this weekend for the four colleges I'll be applying to.

Which ones?

I thought you were younger than me, not older. Tongue
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #682 on: May 03, 2014, 08:23:44 AM »

Which ones?

I thought you were younger than me, not older. Tongue

I am Tongue

Right now I'm only sure of Kansas state
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #683 on: May 03, 2014, 03:45:17 PM »

Just finished my final law school exam. It's over.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #684 on: May 03, 2014, 03:49:02 PM »

Having to use my husbands Mac. As someone who's always used open source, this is like wearing fur and sipping a veal cocktail.
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #685 on: May 03, 2014, 03:57:45 PM »

Just finished my final law school exam. It's over.

Good to hear, Duke! Smiley
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #686 on: May 04, 2014, 11:02:02 PM »

I've chosen Kansas State University, Louisiana State University, Iowa State University, and Mississippi State University Tongue
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #687 on: May 04, 2014, 11:08:00 PM »

Ugly day. Long story short, my brother stole my car last night and we had a physical confrontation in the garage, where he turned into the Hulk and threw a bike at me. I picked up a hammer and chucked it at him, and of course, my parents take his side and my aunts and grandma take mine. I don't think I'll be back gone until later this week. Things are really heated.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #688 on: May 04, 2014, 11:47:59 PM »

Ugly day. Long story short, my brother stole my car last night and we had a physical confrontation in the garage, where he turned into the Hulk and threw a bike at me. I picked up a hammer and chucked it at him, and of course, my parents take his side and my aunts and grandma take mine. I don't think I'll be back gone until later this week. Things are really heated.
Holy crap! O____O  A bike and a hammer?! How in the heck did he lift and throw that and more importantly, were any of you hurt? I guess your parents will ground you then to. Hope all goes well and you can forgive your brother.

And Flo, choose LSU! In my quick Google search of all of them, it looks the best and you and Miles can hang out and stuff.

So now to talk about me! I have finals starting Tuesday (though technically it's some wrap ups and review for the finals that day and the actual finals on Thursday) and I'm not nervous at all with the Hon. English or African American History finals (I have A's in both of those), but I'm on a borderline of a B in my math class and I need at least a 49% on the Earth Science final to pass considering how much it's worth and I only have about a 70% in there - I suck at science). But once I'm done on Tuesday, I plan to go down to my local precinct to vote (and touting my Ed FitzGerald fanboyism, of course Tongue) and from there, tune into msnbc's coverage of the primaries later in the night. I've also got one more paper to do for my English class which I'm procrastinating to do until the last second, but after that and the finals, my surprisingly fast first year of college will be over. Cheesy
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #689 on: May 04, 2014, 11:55:36 PM »
« Edited: May 04, 2014, 11:59:06 PM by I for one welcome PA's new bearded overlord. »

I have finals week on Tuesday and I go back to New Hampshire Friday. Which also happens to be my birthday.

Crazy to think I only have four more days of Adam reminding me I'm 19.
J-Mann
United States

« Reply #690 on: May 05, 2014, 12:28:38 AM »

I've chosen Kansas State University, Louisiana State University, Iowa State University, and Mississippi State University Tongue

Let me know if you need any info on Kansas State. I graduated from there in 2005, my partner currently attends, and I've lived in this area for 13 years.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #691 on: May 05, 2014, 01:51:24 PM »

In my English class, I received the highest grade out of everyone on a major research paper assignment, so I'm pretty happy about that.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #692 on: May 05, 2014, 06:39:16 PM »

Today is my cat's 10th birthday, and my nephew was born yesterday.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #693 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:23 PM »

I right now am studying my ass off for my AP test's that I have on Friday.  I have to take the AP English test from about 8:00 am to about 11:45, then I get a 15 min lunch and take the AP Stat test from about 12:00 PM to about 4 in the afternoon.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #694 on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:22 PM »

Just out of curiosity, why? That seems like a rather eclectic assortment of schools without much common other than "X State University." What do you want to major in?
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #695 on: May 05, 2014, 10:13:42 PM »

Just out of curiosity, why? That seems like a rather eclectic assortment of schools without much common other than "X State University." What do you want to major in?

Biology, then going to a vet school. I mainly wanted to stay on the same campus if I'm going to be going to the same school for eight years.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #696 on: May 05, 2014, 10:34:39 PM »

Biology, then going to a vet school. I mainly wanted to stay on the same campus if I'm going to be going to the same school for eight years.

Spending eight years at the same school sounds like a nightmare to me, but suit yourself.

You should apply to Texas A&M too.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #697 on: May 05, 2014, 10:43:53 PM »

Spending eight years at the same school sounds like a nightmare to me, but suit yourself.

You should apply to Texas A&M too.

I was looking at it, but it's 2-9k more per year than the colleges I chose Tongue
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #698 on: May 06, 2014, 12:58:31 PM »

Mom asked me to wash the cars today because Dad neglected to before going away on business for two weeks. Turns out the reason Dad neglected to wash the cars yesterday is because our hose is defective and will spray water all over the user as soon as the tap is opened Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #699 on: May 06, 2014, 02:45:56 PM »

Please don't do your grad school at the same place as your undergrad school.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 ... 57  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies