Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2019, 06:31:07 pm
News: 2020 U.S. Senate Predictions are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 102437 times)
MATTROSE94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: May 05, 2014, 01:51:24 pm »

In my English class, I received the highest grade out of everyone on a major research paper assignment, so I'm pretty happy about that.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #826 on: May 05, 2014, 06:22:00 pm »

Got the call last night, I finally had work scheduled. Twenty-something minute drive to Farmington Hills for a demolition job that began at 7 AM. I was the only laborer there to assist the foreman, he operated the excavator while it was my job mainly to contain the mess and compress it. This involved getting boards, bricks, dust, and so on kept on the "footprint of the building" and moving it inwards towards the main part of the wreckage. While I was supposed to work ten hours, my lack of a hardhat and the need for my signature on a few documents had me leaving at 3:30 to go the main office in Warren. Met up with one of my brothers there who was applying, he's supposed to hit me up at the House at some point this evening. Probably beer and pizza for dinner. Wish I had my Motrin, but it's at my family's house in Springfield. Some chick's--whose cousin I'm taking to prom--supposed to hit up the House with cookies for the brothers--there are only two of us here right now--so I'm kinda waiting for that. Work again tomorrow. This sh#t'll make a man out of you.
TDAS04
YaBB God
Nepal

« Reply #827 on: May 05, 2014, 06:39:16 pm »

Today is my cat's 10th birthday, and my nephew was born yesterday.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #828 on: May 05, 2014, 06:46:23 pm »

I right now am studying my ass off for my AP test's that I have on Friday.  I have to take the AP English test from about 8:00 am to about 11:45, then I get a 15 min lunch and take the AP Stat test from about 12:00 PM to about 4 in the afternoon.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #829 on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:22 pm »

I've chosen Kansas State University, Louisiana State University, Iowa State University, and Mississippi State University Tongue

Just out of curiosity, why? That seems like a rather eclectic assortment of schools without much common other than "X State University." What do you want to major in?
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #830 on: May 05, 2014, 10:13:42 pm »

I've chosen Kansas State University, Louisiana State University, Iowa State University, and Mississippi State University Tongue

Just out of curiosity, why? That seems like a rather eclectic assortment of schools without much common other than "X State University." What do you want to major in?

Biology, then going to a vet school. I mainly wanted to stay on the same campus if I'm going to be going to the same school for eight years.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #831 on: May 05, 2014, 10:34:39 pm »

Biology, then going to a vet school. I mainly wanted to stay on the same campus if I'm going to be going to the same school for eight years.

Spending eight years at the same school sounds like a nightmare to me, but suit yourself.

You should apply to Texas A&M too.
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #832 on: May 05, 2014, 10:43:53 pm »

Spending eight years at the same school sounds like a nightmare to me, but suit yourself.

I was looking at it, but it's 2-9k more per year than the colleges I chose Tongue
DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #833 on: May 06, 2014, 12:58:31 pm »

Mom asked me to wash the cars today because Dad neglected to before going away on business for two weeks. Turns out the reason Dad neglected to wash the cars yesterday is because our hose is defective and will spray water all over the user as soon as the tap is opened Tongue
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

« Reply #834 on: May 06, 2014, 02:45:56 pm »

Please don't do your grad school at the same place as your undergrad school.
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #835 on: May 06, 2014, 03:11:47 pm »

Why not?
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #836 on: May 06, 2014, 03:42:14 pm »

Why not?

Teaching attendents already said then prospective employers prefers when the people they hire were exposed to two different schools (the mentality/focus is often different from one school to another).
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #837 on: May 06, 2014, 05:33:36 pm »

Back at the House after a ten hour work day. As much as that sound like Hell, thank God I'm working since I have less than $100 in my checking account & have been losing money since I stopped working for campus in mid-April. Life's rough, but you gotta do what you gotta do. Tonight's is barbecue, beer, & pass out.
АverroŽs 🦉
AverroŽs Nix
YaBB God

« Reply #838 on: May 06, 2014, 05:44:05 pm »

Why not?

Teaching attendents already said then prospective employers prefers when the people they hire were exposed to two different schools (the mentality/focus is often different from one school to another).

To some extent this depends on the field. It may not hold as true for a professional program like veterinary school. There are barely more than two dozen programs in the entire country, so I would expect the admissions process to be idiosyncratic.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix

« Reply #839 on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:23 pm »

Why not?

No one outside of academia cares about that.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #840 on: May 06, 2014, 09:42:55 pm »

Why not?

To some extent this depends on the field. It may not hold as true for a professional program like veterinary school. There are barely more than two dozen programs in the entire country, so I would expect the admissions process to be idiosyncratic.

Vet schools are indeed quite different. In Quebec, there is only 1 and four in English Canada. Health isn't in the same schemes than hard science.
Eastern Kentucky Demosaur fighting the long defeat
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #841 on: May 06, 2014, 11:07:37 pm »

I said goodbye--for a few months, more or less, roughly--to somebody I really love today. It went as well as it possibly could have, but I'm not okay.
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #842 on: May 06, 2014, 11:33:58 pm »

Why not?

No one outside of academia cares about that.

If you're going into academia then that is important. Otherwise if it's professional school I really don't think it is important.
DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #843 on: May 07, 2014, 01:16:28 pm »

I have a job interview coming up Smiley
Badger
badger
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #844 on: May 07, 2014, 08:47:23 pm »

I was looking at it, but it's 2-9k more per year than the colleges I chose Tongue

OSU has one of the best vet schools in the country. Right up there with Cornell.
Eastern Kentucky Demosaur fighting the long defeat
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #845 on: May 07, 2014, 09:51:09 pm »

I can't stop crying.
Hash
Hashemite
Moderators
YaBB God
Cuba

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #846 on: May 07, 2014, 09:54:24 pm »

I started my work at PHAC and my office has a window overlooking the lake and the canal. Pretty cool.
Scott
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #847 on: May 07, 2014, 10:02:06 pm »

Nathan, I obviously do not know the person you spoke with today nor do I know about your relationship to him or her, and I don't know how much you are willing to share with others, but if anything, I think you should talk to someone.  Anyone.  I'll probably be online for the next hour or so, so don't hesitate to message me if you would like to discuss this.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #848 on: May 08, 2014, 12:03:18 am »

I went mushroom picking with some friends today. Got stuck trying to crawl under a rusty old barbwire fence, and gave myself some pretty nasty cuts. Then tomorrow, ive been nominated for youth of the year at the local boys and girls club. They are hosting a big dinner, and a former Sea hawks player is supposed to be in attendance!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P
« Reply #849 on: May 08, 2014, 12:13:44 am »

Today, American Express called me to tell me I was under financial review and requested to see my income tax returns from the last 2 years. The rep explained that they wanted to make sure I could "support my spending." I explained to them that I was a law student and made very little income, but I received income from a trust fund and my parents and have for the last 3 years. She told me they only would consider my earned income and said in worst cases, they would SHUT DOWN the account.

I've had this card since I was in high school. I've never heard of a credit card company asking for stuff like this. I have never missed a payment nor did I run a balance on the card. I am going to send them my tax info along with my bank account and trust statements, but this is just bizarre. If they only look at my income tax returns where I made like $8K last year, they'll definitely close my account. Part of me wants to just tell them thanks but no thanks and take my business elsewhere.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies