Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
September 16, 2019, 06:20:37 pm
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: Grand Mufti of NY, Cath, TJ in Oregon)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 101082 times)
Dingo Joe stands on me!
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #875 on: May 12, 2014, 12:41:41 pm »

Itís called being a skeleton.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #876 on: May 13, 2014, 05:32:24 pm »
« Edited: May 13, 2014, 05:41:21 pm by Cathcon »

I should probably get my one suit to a dry cleaner's in the area and send my date pictures of the ties I have in the House since apparently she's still undecided on a dress. When I call my superintendent at Blue Star in about a half hour, I'll make sure to try to get the next three Saturdays off as well as the 20th and 21st. Apparently, a brother of mine who has started working there has gotten random days off by claiming he has a "meeting" that day, so I'm hoping school and a prior social obligation qualify. If I consider it and prom isn't a reason, I can still probably think up some sort of statement that gets me out of work next week for the day of and day after.

Also, another day at work. The weather here is really screwing us over. Today, we had what I'm guessing was in the 80's followed by a random storm that moved in. In conjunction with this was the fact that I had to put up silt fencing (or whatever my foreman called it) and failed to complete it by the time the rain moved in. The purpose of the fencing ("it's a load of crap" -foreman) is to filter the water in the runoff, leaving the dirt behind. The means by which I was initially instructed to bury the bottom part of the fencing was ineffective, meaning I had to do it the long way. I'm hoping that I get a change of scenery when I call for work soon.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #877 on: May 13, 2014, 06:37:03 pm »

Great. Looks like this "prom" is at a hotel and might be pretty swanky. Great. Might be expected to follow a certain code of conduct or look particularly non-trashy. This'll be just fantastic.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #878 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:42 pm »

Great. Looks like this "prom" is at a hotel and might be pretty swanky. Great. Might be expected to follow a certain code of conduct or look particularly non-trashy. This'll be just fantastic.

Aren't all proms at hotels or convention centers? Where else would you have one?
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #879 on: May 13, 2014, 08:24:25 pm »

I didn't go to a large school. Ours was at the Deer Lake Club (nothing to do with hunting). I looked up the hotel to get an address & it looks noticeably above my pay grade.
Dingo Joe stands on me!
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #880 on: May 13, 2014, 08:37:59 pm »

Aren't all proms at hotels or convention centers? Where else would you have one?
My prom is going to be held at a Country Club.
Grand Mufti of Leftist Messposting
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #881 on: May 13, 2014, 08:58:40 pm »

My prom is going to be held at a Country Club.

My prom was at a country club too.

I skipped because I got Celtics playoff tickets.
DC Al Fine
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #882 on: May 14, 2014, 10:32:52 am »

I just got an offer for a proper permanent, full time job Cheesy
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

« Reply #883 on: May 14, 2014, 03:59:05 pm »

I finally got a copy of my tax returns for AMEX. I have no idea how to read them, but I always have a net capital loss of over $30K every year and between $10-15K in capital gains. I'm not sure if that's how I factor in my tuition payments each year or what. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my credit card with them unless they pay attention to my other assets or if I'm reading that wrong.

I wish I knew more about my own finances than I apparently do.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #884 on: May 14, 2014, 04:47:40 pm »

I finally got a copy of my tax returns for AMEX. I have no idea how to read them, but I always have a net capital loss of over $30K every year and between $10-15K in capital gains. I'm not sure if that's how I factor in my tuition payments each year or what. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my credit card with them unless they pay attention to my other assets or if I'm reading that wrong.

I wish I knew more about my own finances than I apparently do.

#whitepeopleproblems
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #885 on: May 14, 2014, 11:36:53 pm »

My grandfather has only an hour left and I don't know where else to go since nobody is answering me and I can't see him.

I don't know if it's a good idea to post it here but I have no place else to go to and my mom, who's with him right now, she can't even talk.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #886 on: May 14, 2014, 11:43:03 pm »
« Edited: May 15, 2014, 11:21:40 am by PA Speaker Cranberry »

Oh my god this is horrible...
I wish you and your family my deepest condolences. It is a terrible situation right now, and it might not help at all, but maybe try to think of all the nice moments you shared with your grandfather. He surely would like to be remembered for that...
Solidarity Forever
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #887 on: May 15, 2014, 05:24:07 am »

"To die, to sleep--no more--and by a sleep to say we end the heartache, and the thousand natural shocks that flesh is heir to. 'Tis a consummation devoutly to be wished."

ď'Does it hurt?' The childish question had escaped Harry's lips before he could stop it. "Dying? Not at all," said Sirius. 'Quicker and easier than falling asleep.'"

If the need ever arises, you can talk to me - I doubt I'll be of that much help, but I can try my best.
Sol
YaBB God

« Reply #888 on: May 15, 2014, 08:38:52 am »

I'm so sorry Flo. I lost both of my grandparents in about a year, and I know how rotten it feels. Feel free to PM me if you need to talk about anything.
TDAS04
YaBB God
Nepal

« Reply #889 on: May 15, 2014, 11:59:11 am »

I'm very sorry to hear about this, Flo.  You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #890 on: May 15, 2014, 04:52:51 pm »

Yesterday I got my first pay check Cheesy. I was (and am) so happy!!!!
LeBron FitzGerald
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -6.78

« Reply #891 on: May 16, 2014, 01:55:08 am »

That's terrible Flo. I had a terrible experience with my grandfather in 2009 when I was only 14 dying unexpectedly at his house without any of our family being able to say goodbye. I hope you can pull through this and deepest condolences!

And congrats windjammer! What's the occupation?
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #892 on: May 16, 2014, 02:38:59 am »

I'm sorry to hear that Flo.

------------------
I'm currently providing mathematic tutoring!
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #893 on: May 16, 2014, 12:55:37 pm »
« Edited: May 16, 2014, 01:00:32 pm by Assemblyman Cassius »

Condolences to you Flo Sad

Yesterday I got my first pay check Cheesy. I was (and am) so happy!!!!

The pleasure of earning money Smiley

Anyway, today we had our penultimate assembly (basically the last serious one before what is essentially the joke informal assembly next Friday), where they doled out some individual subject prizes. I somehow managed to stumble into winning the Ethics and Philosophy Sixth Form prize for 'academic rigour and balanced contributions to class debate' Cheesy
Dingo Joe stands on me!
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #894 on: May 16, 2014, 02:06:36 pm »

I'm sorry for your loss, Flo (assuming your grandfather has passed away). I've been keeping you and your family in my prayers.

Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #895 on: May 16, 2014, 02:58:07 pm »

Sorry to hear this, Flo. Hope all goes well. There's little I can say beyond dredging up my own experiences with this.

In any case, Windjammer. I just got off the phone with my mother, since my paychecks are being mailed to my legal residence as opposed to the house I'm residing in, and I'm not entirely sure how you could be happy seeing your first pay check. According to what I heard over the phone, the government looters took approximately $66 of a $366 check. I'm primed to write an Ayn Rand novel, and I have all the imagery from demolition to pull it off. Ugh. I'll be receiving the check later tonight when I meet my mother, brother, and uncle for dinner.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #896 on: May 16, 2014, 03:01:58 pm »

Sorry to hear this, Flo. Hope all goes well. There's little I can say beyond dredging up my own experiences with this.

In any case, Windjammer. I just got off the phone with my mother, since my paychecks are being mailed to my legal residence as opposed to the house I'm residing in, and I'm not entirely sure how you could be happy seeing your first pay check. According to what I heard over the phone, the government looters took approximately $66 of a $366 check. I'm primed to write an Ayn Rand novel, and I have all the imagery from demolition to pull it off. Ugh. I'll be receiving the check later tonight when I meet my mother, brother, and uncle for dinner.
Why I shouldn't be happy? I don't understand...
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #897 on: May 16, 2014, 03:07:45 pm »

Because you have documented evidence regarding how much the government is stealing from you.
Chief Justice windjammer
windjammer
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
France

« Reply #898 on: May 16, 2014, 03:11:53 pm »

Because you have documented evidence regarding how much the government is stealing from you.
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. (sorry for being so slow to understand)
Kim Jong-Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of
« Reply #899 on: May 16, 2014, 04:00:25 pm »

Stopped on my way to Philly to have lunch with Uncle angus.  Always good to hang out with him for a bit.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 [36] 37 38 39 40 41 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies