Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 22, 2019, 03:21:57 am
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, Cath, TJ in Oregon)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 101541 times)
InvisibleTrump
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: June 14, 2014, 07:56:26 pm »

I learned how to play the opening part of "Blowing in the Wind" on harmonica.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1026 on: June 14, 2014, 08:17:01 pm »

While driving back from my house to Detroit on Memorial Day, I accidentally hit my right side mirror with a tree trunk on the side of a dirt road only a few minutes from my family's residence. Given that, compounded with a couple other mishaps I'd been involved with, for the next few days I felt like a disappointing piece of shyte. Given that I'll have to go back home tomorrow for Father's Day, I finally went to a junkyard with two of my housemates and was able to find a 1999 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. The car I'm using is a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. With fifteen minutes to go before the place closed for the day, my oldest housemate who is quite handy was able to detach the mirror and I paid ~$19 for it and we left. Following some cleaning and the like, we put the mirror on my car, removing the old one. Feeling good that I was able to correct my mistake. Sadly, there's a lot more to go through before the summer's over.
Sol
YaBB God

« Reply #1027 on: June 14, 2014, 09:32:00 pm »

I'm going to Governor's School tomorrow, so look forward to me posting less! Smiley
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #1028 on: June 15, 2014, 07:09:29 am »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 07:11:52 am by Simfan34 »

I saw a girl at the gym today watch the Food Network whilst on the treadmill. What does this mean? I feel like it says something about her. And I don't think a lot of my classmates at college would approve of it. And I've so thoroughly immersed myself in that culture I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it myself. Do people like that still exist in this part of the country? Is it indicative of a certain attitude or am I over-thinking this as usual?
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1029 on: June 15, 2014, 08:46:00 am »

I saw a girl at the gym today watch the Food Network whilst on the treadmill. What does this mean? I feel like it says something about her. And I don't think a lot of my classmates at college would approve of it. And I've so thoroughly immersed myself in that culture I'm not sure I'm comfortable with it myself. Do people like that still exist in this part of the country? Is it indicative of a certain attitude or am I over-thinking this as usual?

What culture disapproves of a woman at the gym watching food network? Why do you need your classmates to approve of someone you think you have a connection with?
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1030 on: June 15, 2014, 09:25:23 am »

Who said I had a cconnection with her? I just found it strange. Should I find it strange? Does this make me a feminist?
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1031 on: June 15, 2014, 09:28:03 am »

Who said I had a cconnection with her? I just found it strange. Should I find it strange? Does this make me a feminist?

By the way you're talking it seemed like you had a connection, it really shouldn't be strange to see a woman at the gym, and you really shouldn't overthink these things.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1032 on: June 15, 2014, 05:37:54 pm »

By the way you're talking it seemed like you had a connection, it really shouldn't be strange to see a woman at the gym, and you really shouldn't overthink these things.

Obviously, it's not about a woman at the gym, but that she's watching something about food while exercising. Like I always say, "Read with your mind, not your eyes."
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1033 on: June 15, 2014, 05:49:50 pm »
« Edited: June 15, 2014, 06:06:29 pm by Simfan34 »

I was trying to be glib but let me more blunt. I was thinking she might be some sort of homemaker in waiting. And that was extremely strange to me. It reminded it me of the discussion I had with a friend who was at Tufts few years ago about how people apparently still used "gay" as an insult. At this point, it's an alien outlook on life. And I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Yes. I am jumping to conclusions. And yes, I'm being an liberal elitist despite not being a liberal. I ought to think well of homemakers. Yet the idea of young women in this day and age wanting to be one does not sit well with me.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1034 on: June 15, 2014, 05:56:16 pm »

I was trying to be glib but let me more blunt. I was thinking she might be some sort of homemaker in waiting. And that was extremely strange to me. It reminded it me of the discussion I had with a friend who was at Tufts few years ago about how people apparently still used "gay" as an insult. At this point, it's an alien outlook on life. And I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Yes. I am jumping to conclusions. And yes, I'm being an liberal elitists despite not being a liberal. I ought to think well of homemakers. Yet the idea of young women in this day and age wanting to be one does not sit well with me.

The first paragraph is a world quite removed from my own, even in college. The second one is obviously you just being an out-and-out liberal elitist. I think you're inferring from it too much, however.
King
intermoderate
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1035 on: June 16, 2014, 06:41:31 am »

After managing to fix my sleep schedule this weekend, I found myself unable to sleep again tonight.

Maybe I hate my job.
Commrade Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Ukraine
« Reply #1036 on: June 16, 2014, 10:21:55 am »

I'm spending my Father's Day weekend golfing drinking and grilling. Ahhhhhhhh.

sounds like the best time!

It was beyond amazing, believe me. 
Solidarity Forever
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1037 on: June 16, 2014, 01:06:02 pm »

I'm going to Governor's School tomorrow, so look forward to me posting less! Smiley

Congrats on not posting as much Wink!
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1038 on: June 16, 2014, 09:03:15 pm »
« Edited: June 16, 2014, 09:11:28 pm by Cathcon »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight weekend?
InvisibleTrump
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1039 on: June 16, 2014, 09:07:58 pm »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight?
Been there done that...but it was with Jack and RC Cola and instead of work it was at the 20th Annual YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass Festival. Also, the girl in question was going with my friend, and then she went to prom with another one of my friends Tongue.

May I suggest you listen to this for an evening of entertainment?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYyeUz5Fw8

Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1040 on: June 16, 2014, 09:13:24 pm »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight?
Been there done that...but it was with Jack and RC Cola and instead of work it was at the 20th Annual YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass Festival. Also, the girl in question was going with my friend, and then she went to prom with another one of my friends Tongue.

I thank you for your encouragement. Luckily, I don't work with her (how could she do demo anyway?), but that does mean I have to wake up and be in a state of good hydration all day tomorrow. I may need to make a smokes run soon. Wanna come with? Watching my housemate play football video games will only go so far.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1041 on: June 16, 2014, 09:35:26 pm »

I thank you for your encouragement. Luckily, I don't work with her (how could she do demo anyway?), but that does mean I have to wake up and be in a state of good hydration all day tomorrow. I may need to make a smokes run soon. Wanna come with? Watching my housemate play football video games will only go so far.

Are you saying women can't do demolition work? And you shouldn't smoke. It's a very unhealthy, white trash thing to do.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1042 on: June 16, 2014, 11:17:47 pm »

Are you saying women can't do demolition work? And you shouldn't smoke. It's a very unhealthy, white trash thing to do.

-Never seen any chicks do demo, and I don't expect to. And this chick's, well, feminine. Call me "sexist" or whatever word you've invented for it, but she's not disposed towards this type of profession.
-I've accepted that I"m trashy in a number of ways and comfortable with it. At the end of the day, it's just like "Whatever, yeah, cool" and that's the end of it. This was a fine day until a few hours ago, and all that, so yeah. Y'know.
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1043 on: June 17, 2014, 12:36:05 am »

I know I'll be looking forward to that.  Wink
🅰 🦀 @k 🎂
CrabCake
YaBB God
Kiribati

« Reply #1044 on: June 17, 2014, 03:22:39 am »

Starting a paid internship at my Uni in a few hours! It's very exciting, although most of my flat have left so it's quite lonely at the moment.
InvisibleTrump
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1045 on: June 17, 2014, 12:53:38 pm »

Hell yeah, I'll get in my car and get up there in about three days!

TheDeadFlagBlues
YaBB God
Mexico

« Reply #1046 on: June 17, 2014, 08:19:43 pm »

Yes. I am jumping to conclusions. And yes, I'm being an liberal elitist despite not being a liberal. I ought to think well of homemakers. Yet the idea of young women in this day and age wanting to be one does not sit well with me.
Welcome to the ivory tower, friend. Yours is more elitist while mine is more politically correct but both towers condition you to view mainstream society from an outsider's perspective. I, for one, look forward to living in *insert yuppie neighborhood here* as I lament the declining readership of "the classics" with my post-grad wife.

Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

« Reply #1047 on: June 17, 2014, 10:21:02 pm »

Since when does watching the food network mean you want to be a homemaker? That's a bizarre conclusion.
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1048 on: June 18, 2014, 05:55:37 pm »

The longest political phone call this year: 12 minutes and 26 seconds. Very nice woman, very angry at Jeb Bush, especially for HMO's, will not vote for Charlie, didn't realize there was going to be a primary, only thought Charlie was running.
InvisibleTrump
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1049 on: June 18, 2014, 06:49:51 pm »

The longest political phone call this year: 12 minutes and 26 seconds. Very nice woman, very angry at Jeb Bush, especially for HMO's, will not vote for Charlie, didn't realize there was going to be a primary, only thought Charlie was running.
Ugh, those are the worst. I got threatened with arrest because I redialed a woman once Tongue. Phone banking was the worst part of my campaign experience.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies