Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 08, 2019, 09:16:47 pm
News: 2020 Gubernatorial Predictions are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 102282 times)
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1075 on: June 21, 2014, 07:06:08 pm »

Why is a liberal lecturing someone on weight-lifting?
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1076 on: June 21, 2014, 07:11:28 pm »

Take a weights class at your school or get one of your friends to teach you.  That could be really helpful.  

The other thing is that "definition" isn't really a thing.  Definition is low body fat and large muscle mass.  That's pretty much it.  In getting there, you never really have to worry about getting huge muscles, because muscle builds slowly and it's not easy to get huge.  People who are super muscular eat tons of eggs, chicken and protein powder and work out in a very specific intense way, in general.  If you're just a beginner, there's no danger you're going to get too much muscle.

Why is a liberal lecturing someone on weight-lifting?

I'm a liberal, but I'm gay so I'm in good shape.
Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #1077 on: June 21, 2014, 07:12:23 pm »

This.
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #1078 on: June 21, 2014, 07:16:34 pm »

All right, I suppose I'll have to cut down on the cardio.
bedstuy
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -1.16, S: -4.35

« Reply #1079 on: June 21, 2014, 07:19:12 pm »

I didn't say that.  I mean on when you go work out, either lift weights or do cardio, but not both.  Maybe you could do cardio at 7am and lift at 7pm, but you don't want to lift after a 4 mile run.  That's all.   
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #1080 on: June 21, 2014, 07:20:12 pm »

I didn't say that.  I mean on when you go work out, either lift weights or do cardio, but not both.  Maybe you could do cardio at 7am and lift at 7pm, but you don't want to lift after a 4 mile run.  That's all.   

Right. Understood.
Epstein Didnít Kill Himself
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1081 on: June 21, 2014, 09:00:03 pm »

Went over and carried my grandma's groceries up and her garbage down, then stayed and talked with her for two hours like I do twice a week. Despite the health scare on Christmas, she seems as healthy as ever, and my mom needs to quit bothering her about things. Who here has a 72 year old grandma who doesn't get tired when they walk up a flight of stairs? I'm 18 for God's sake and even I hate climbing the stairs to her apartment!
Commrade Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Ukraine
« Reply #1082 on: June 22, 2014, 11:28:40 am »

Unlike our dear friend who is going to transition from nap to nap I am going to transition from beer to bourbon to martinis. Then I'm going to have a delicious grilled salmon dinner. Tomorrow night a big thick dry aged ribeye.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1083 on: June 22, 2014, 11:53:08 am »

Have to complete cleaning the first floor of the House and saving it from its post-case race mess. Shouldn't be too hard, probably another round of sweeping, then mopping. Dishes are, for the most part, clean or in the process of being cleaned.

Some housemates are attempting a golf outing today. Too bad I don't have my own set of clubs, and have only golfed 18 holes once. I do have $800 in my checking account, though... However, in all reality, I need to stem the tide of losing money and instead start saving so I can pay for a whole host of crap. Oy.

At a new job site tomorrow despite the first one not having been completed. Got the text from my superintendent Saturday night. Apparently, my foreman believes I was "slacking", and I was told that if I wanted to get called back to work next summer, something like that couldn't happen again. Given that I was busting my ass the majority of the day and my foreman probably most saw me when I happened to not be doing so, I'm not really worried about it, especially with a new job site and a different foreman (assumedly). I probably won't be working there next summer anyway due to hoping for an internship, but I would like it as a fallback plan or a way to make extra cash on the side.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1084 on: June 22, 2014, 02:07:53 pm »

At a wedding this weekend and people were taking about, dear God have mercy on my soul, Ingress.  I think.
Lief 🐋
Lief
YaBB God
Dominica

« Reply #1085 on: June 22, 2014, 03:09:28 pm »

Did you tell them about BRTD?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
YaBB God
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1086 on: June 22, 2014, 03:19:27 pm »

My life has gotten significantly better since my struggles earlier on this year. I have made good friends and am making smarter decisions across the board. I'm working on campus this summer and am hauling in a decent paycheck. Have been going to the rec almost daily and improving my diet - I have cut red meat out, though it's a reoccurring struggle. My parents have become much more accepting than they were originally.

I have set a two-year plan in motion with the aim of having things play out just so. In high school I had my life figured out, and it's time to start making important decisions for the rest of my life.

Great to hear. Bravo!
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1087 on: June 22, 2014, 04:55:48 pm »
« Edited: June 22, 2014, 10:08:15 pm by traininthedistance »

Some subjects are not meant for mixed company.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1088 on: June 23, 2014, 04:48:57 pm »

I just checked my ACT, and I made a 26 overall without a calculator.  I was reasonably surprised by it.  Got a 30 in reading and 25 in math.
tmthforu94
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 3.94, S: 1.35

P P P
« Reply #1089 on: June 23, 2014, 04:58:39 pm »

I just checked my ACT, and I made a 26 overall without a calculator.  I was reasonably surprised by it.  Got a 30 in reading and 25 in math.
Nice job, Jerry!
PR
Progressive Realist
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1090 on: June 23, 2014, 05:25:29 pm »

Feeling real good today. Exercised, studied, and sent some appreciative messages to several of my friends.  Smiley
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1091 on: June 24, 2014, 02:36:04 am »

I decided to tell my crush that I really liked him and long story short, I'm in a relationship Smiley
LeBron FitzGerald
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.00, S: -6.78

« Reply #1092 on: June 24, 2014, 04:19:10 am »

I decided to tell my crush that I really liked him and long story short, I'm in a relationship Smiley
Yay! I'm so happy for you Flo! Cheesy

Wasn't this guy straight though, or am I thinking of another guy? Tongue
TDAS04
YaBB God
Nepal

« Reply #1093 on: June 24, 2014, 09:26:51 am »

Congratulations!

Congratulations to you too!
Scott
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #1094 on: June 24, 2014, 11:39:08 am »

Aw, well congratulations, Flo! Smiley
Mangez des pommes !
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

« Reply #1095 on: June 24, 2014, 02:38:15 pm »

All right, right after seeing the team I support getting kicked out of the World Cup in a dreadfully frustrating game, I have just seen what happens to the character in my sig. I think my day is made. Tongue
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1096 on: June 24, 2014, 07:18:46 pm »

Tuesday and already I hate this week. My housemate and I had been working a job thirty minutes away and had just gotten off a ten hour day, virtually guaranteeing that we'd be getting some overtime payment. I enjoyed work today and would be coming back the next day for ten more hours and a free pizza lunch. However, when I checked my texts when I got back to the car, our superintendent had transferred both of us, seemingly without reason, to a job in Lansing, which is 1.5 hours away. We suspect he has it in for anyone that was hired thanks to his co-owner's son (who I know through the Fraternity). As well, yesterday I emailed Wayne State's poli-sci department chair to see if they might have any jobs for the fall, seeing as my own college's department sucks. Opened my email when I got home to find out that they only hire kids from within the university. That makes sense as a policy, but sucks for me. I'll probably be emailing the poli-sci chair at Marygrove, another Detroit-based college, within the next few days. I'd like to obtain greater experience related to my major, but due to work, I'm unable to get an internship this summer and thus am, as mentioned, emailing other poli-sci departments hoping that they might have work in the fall.

I've been dry for nearly two days, but may get back on the wagon (or is the phrase supposed to be reversed?) for a couple of reasons. Ugh.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P
« Reply #1097 on: June 25, 2014, 11:30:10 am »

Life is just collapsing sound me. I haven't shaved since early May, and I'm having human interaction maybe once or twice a week. I've also adopted this 1 meal a day diet because I don't really have time to do anything otherwise. I have decided to start cooking some type of dish at the beginning of the week and living off that for a few days.

I'm a mess. This whole process is just insane.
Epstein Didnít Kill Himself
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1098 on: June 25, 2014, 02:26:18 pm »

Life is just collapsing sound me. I haven't shaved since early May, and I'm having human interaction maybe once or twice a week. I've also adopted this 1 meal a day diet because I don't really have time to do anything otherwise. I have decided to start cooking some type of dish at the beginning of the week and living off that for a few days.

This is pretty much my life right now, except I'm smoking a lot and I'm not actually preparing for something important Tongue.
Indy Texas
independentTX
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #1099 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:18 pm »

This is pretty much my life right now, except I'm smoking a lot and I'm not actually preparing for something important Tongue.

STAHP!

I honestly don't understand how anyone born after 1980 or so would consider smoking an appropriate activity, let alone do it "a lot."
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies