Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 10, 2019, 02:39:52 am
News: 2019 Gubernatorial Endorsements Close today at noon

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 102304 times)
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: July 21, 2014, 05:57:18 pm »

Looks like I may be able to land a ride to work, though a about 8 or 9 PM. With hopefully only an hour's drive, I could (assuming the shift goes until 3 AM) work five or more hours and then work a full shift tomorrow/Wednesday.
Eastern Kentucky Demosaur fighting the long defeat
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1176 on: July 21, 2014, 06:11:26 pm »

Life's not so great right now.
politicus
YaBB God
Denmark

« Reply #1177 on: July 21, 2014, 06:16:43 pm »

Sorry to hear that. What is troubling you?
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1178 on: July 21, 2014, 06:27:45 pm »
« Edited: July 21, 2014, 09:14:37 pm by asexual trans victimologist »

I intend to take a class next semester that master's students have to specifically ask the instructor to get into because it's intended for doctoral students. I sent her an email on Saturday and haven't heard back from her and I'm getting kind of nervous about it. I'm also a little lonely and bored, yesterday I stubbed my toe badly while hiking, I have a close friend who I'm really missing lately because I was supposed to see her soon but she turned out not to be able to make it, and getting into classical music again is making me feel bad about myself for not sticking with my piano practice when I was younger.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1179 on: July 22, 2014, 01:21:57 am »

Looks like some good news finally fell my way today as the job I was shooting for in the fall, research assistant for a professor doing research in the Political Science department, is mine for the taking. I'll have to look into details to make sure that this thing pays. Even if it doesn't, I value the experience, but I gotta support myself as well.
afleitch
Moderators
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -8.17

« Reply #1180 on: July 22, 2014, 02:52:21 am »

I intend to take a class next semester that master's students have to specifically ask the instructor to get into because it's intended for doctoral students. I sent her an email on Saturday and haven't heard back from her and I'm getting kind of nervous about it. I'm also a little lonely and bored, yesterday I stubbed my toe badly while hiking, I have a close friend who I'm really missing lately because I was supposed to see her soon but she turned out not to be able to make it, and getting into classical music again is making me feel bad about myself for not sticking with my piano practice when I was younger.

The first is out of your hands. The stubbed toe is what you get when you go hiking; consider it a bit of natures revenge against your foot Wink Expect many more because the alternative is not going hiking at all, and that sucks. You'll see your friend again and lastly, I know the feeling. I wish I'd stuck to the clarinet and given that Mozart's Clarinet Concerto is one of my favourite pieces of music for that reason, there's a tinge of sadness. But music is made for people, and those who play do everyone else who can't a great service.
MattVT
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -8.87

« Reply #1181 on: July 22, 2014, 03:59:01 pm »

Registered to vote today, feels pretty cool.
Epstein Didnít Kill Himself
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1182 on: July 22, 2014, 10:31:32 pm »

Republican, Libertarian, Green, or Muslim Commie Nazi?

MattVT
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1183 on: July 23, 2014, 12:28:35 am »

Republican, Libertarian, Green, or Muslim Commie Nazi?

How could you forget the one true party?

The Rhodesian Liberation Front.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
YaBB God
Bangladesh

« Reply #1184 on: July 23, 2014, 12:30:21 am »

It's not the same feeling, exactly, but whenever I see people playing baseball (as I sometimes do during the summer), I wish more than anything that I were still playing.
PUT YOUR POM POMS DOWN
ComradeCarter
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #1185 on: July 25, 2014, 08:08:19 am »

I don't have anywhere else but here to semi-publicly say that I am going to soon shake hands with Mr. Polyamory. How terrifying and exciting for me and disgusting for everyone else!

Oh, and I'll probably lock this thread about the time it's a year old (holy crap this thread is almost a year old).
Commrade Grumps
GM3PRP
YaBB God
Ukraine
« Reply #1186 on: July 25, 2014, 09:05:26 am »

I don't have anywhere else but here to semi-publicly say that I am going to soon shake hands with Mr. Polyamory. How terrifying and exciting for me and disgusting for everyone else!

Sounds too complicated for my simple mind to deal with, but the very best of luck to you.
Mangez des pommes !
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

« Reply #1187 on: July 25, 2014, 09:34:42 am »

I see nothing wrong with polyamory, and I don't think anyone with sound moral principles could possibly object to it.
Nathan
YaBB God

« Reply #1188 on: July 26, 2014, 12:04:45 pm »

Woke up muttering 'but I don't want to be a pushmi-pullyu' after a heavily imagistic dream. My social life is going even worse.
Cassius
YaBB God

« Reply #1189 on: July 26, 2014, 04:07:37 pm »
« Edited: July 26, 2014, 04:10:26 pm by Assemblyman Cassius »

So yeah, today, I was in town, minding my own business, when all of a sudden this uncleanly rabble of pro-Palestinian protestors came blundering down the street, waving their bloody flags and poorly crafted placards whilst simultaneously gibbering 'free Palestine' and 'down with Israel', or some rubbish like that. I had half a mind to shout 'go Israel' or somesuch other provocation, but in the end my lack of backbone got in the way of that. However, once the circus had passed, I spied a solitary Palestinian flag that they'd left behind. So, surreptitiously, I walked over, snatched the flag, which I then proceeded to dump in the nearest bin. Made a statement and all that.

Apparently some of the protestors also got into a bit of a ruckus with some dudes outside a pub. Ouch.
look, fat
SawxDem
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1190 on: July 26, 2014, 07:06:49 pm »

ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1191 on: July 26, 2014, 07:13:36 pm »

So yeah, today, I was in town, minding my own business, when all of a sudden this uncleanly rabble of pro-Palestinian protestors came blundering down the street, waving their bloody flags and poorly crafted placards whilst simultaneously gibbering 'free Palestine' and 'down with Israel', or some rubbish like that. I had half a mind to shout 'go Israel' or somesuch other provocation, but in the end my lack of backbone got in the way of that. However, once the circus had passed, I spied a solitary Palestinian flag that they'd left behind. So, surreptitiously, I walked over, snatched the flag, which I then proceeded to dump in the nearest bin. Made a statement and all that.

Apparently some of the protestors also got into a bit of a ruckus with some dudes outside a pub. Ouch.
The pro-Palestine types are the worst even when they are right. You were right to do that.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P
« Reply #1192 on: July 26, 2014, 10:20:02 pm »

I leave to go take the bar tomorrow. At this point, I'm so exhausted I am just happy it will be all over on Wednesday night one way or the other.
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1193 on: July 26, 2014, 11:02:36 pm »

I leave to go take the bar tomorrow. At this point, I'm so exhausted I am just happy it will be all over on Wednesday night one way or the other.
Best of luck! I'm sure you'll do fine!
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1194 on: July 26, 2014, 11:10:31 pm »

Do people celebrate taking the bar by going to a bar?
J-Mann
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1195 on: July 26, 2014, 11:19:04 pm »

Good luck!!
Franzl
YaBB God
Germany

« Reply #1196 on: July 27, 2014, 05:00:08 am »

Good luck, Duke. I'm almost having a breakdown just preparing for normal exams... Wouldn't want to be in your shoes.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1197 on: July 27, 2014, 08:53:29 pm »

The Love Song of Jay Street-MetroTech has won yet another season of pub quiz.  Woot!

Probably time to retire this name.
MattVT
Matt from VT
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1198 on: July 27, 2014, 09:19:49 pm »

Best of luck, old friend! Ace that sh**t for The People! Smiley
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1199 on: July 28, 2014, 07:01:51 pm »

So, every year the local Republican Club gives out a few scholarships, and guess who handed them out this year....former Congressman Mark Foley Tongue. The irony is lost on them, apparently.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies