Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
December 15, 2019, 07:03:24 pm
News: 2020 U.S. Senate Predictions are now active.

Atlas Forum
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: TG, TJ in Oregon, Speaker YE)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 Print
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 102439 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1525 on: September 17, 2014, 10:25:22 pm »

Yes, I've done her many times, I am a greek after all, it's what we do, but I'm not sure I want anything serious, and I worry if I keep doing her, she'll want that, and I'm just a mess right now, I drink too much, my sleep schedule is sporadic, I'm a lowly law clerk and I don't know if I passed the bar yet. I just don't know if I'm in the position to start something with a new girl, and she's the needy type.
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1526 on: September 17, 2014, 10:43:51 pm »

I hate allergy season.  (For me this time of year is allergy season.) Despite taking a bunch of stuff, I still had fun with a runny nose today (moderately better than a clogged nose).  Plus I couldn't fully enjoy the trivia contest at the bar tonight.  Our table won three rounds of shots, but I didn't want any alcohol to go with the medicine (I was already feeling somewhat loopy even before going in the bar) so I let other people at my table have the shots I won.  We normally do well enough that my usual order is only a diet coke and some waffle fries, plus something alcoholic to drink if we don't do well in the early rounds.  Since I have a fair distance to drive afterward, I don't want too much alcohol in my system.  Even with no alcohol tonight, I was not in the best of shape driving wise tonight.
Cath
Cathcon
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1527 on: September 17, 2014, 11:34:16 pm »

Rush starts the 22nd, so at least I have something to look forward to in this bleak existence.
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

P
« Reply #1528 on: September 18, 2014, 12:05:25 am »

If a girl tells you she fantasizes about you constantly, and you aren't sure you want to date her, what should you do?

Duke, you always seem to have this problem, but I am skeptical we are the people you should be asking...
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P
« Reply #1529 on: September 18, 2014, 12:52:58 am »

If a girl tells you she fantasizes about you constantly, and you aren't sure you want to date her, what should you do?

Duke, you always seem to have this problem, but I am skeptical we are the people you should be asking...

Maybe not. I just don't know where to go from here.
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1530 on: September 18, 2014, 01:08:49 am »

Maybe not. I just don't know where to go from here.

I'd say give it a shot, but I don't know your life.

If a woman were to tell me such a thing I'd be incredulous and, provided she wasn't intolerable, highly inclined to let whatever qualms I had about her be set aside until if and when they became problematic, if ever.

Perhaps you're at the point dating people you're unsure about is "wasting [precious] time", perhaps you're (far) less susceptible to female attention than I, perhaps your reasons for not being sure are perfectly sound, but I don't know your situation so I can't say. But I do know you have a track record of attracting, erm, crazy girls, so I can sort of understand your caution.
pendragon

« Reply #1531 on: September 18, 2014, 01:45:18 am »

Obviously, you should tell her gently that you aren't interested. Be nice about it; tell her that you hope it won't affect your friendship etc. and bring her an iced coffee or something. Then, most likely, she'll still be open to the idea if you did want to upgrade your relationship in the future.

Although, I suspect this is more whatever you call the asking-for-advice equivalent of a humblebrag. It's probably those whom you've succeeded in impressing with it who are in more need of advice.
Trends are real, and I f**king hate it
Antonio V
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

« Reply #1532 on: September 18, 2014, 04:30:10 am »

I have the flu today. Life sucks.
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

P
« Reply #1533 on: September 18, 2014, 05:43:12 pm »

Allergies in my case, but they still suck.  On the bright side, the allergy/cold medicine I'm taking for the symptoms gave me a very vivid dream that could be the opening sequence of a police procedural TV show.  One set about ten to twenty years ago, when "push to talk" was a cool feature some cell phones tried to sell people about.  Frantic family (dad, son, daughter) worried about their missing mom, she's not answering her phone.  Son tells dad to try the push to talk function in the manner of a clumsy product placement.  He tries and hears the chime coming from the other side of the apartment front door.  He goes to open it, but sees there a cop, one with her phone in his pocket, there to tell him the bad news.  Some other details before and after that scene, which aren't all that logical (after all, it is a dream).
HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.35, S: -2.96

« Reply #1534 on: September 18, 2014, 10:18:32 pm »

Yeah, a lot of people have really bad colds here. The temperature seems to have dropped 10 degrees all of a sudden, and it's thrown a lot of people off.

In other news, me and my guyfriend are doing well. Being happy is kind of nice. Smiley
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1535 on: September 18, 2014, 10:26:13 pm »

Yeah, a lot of people have really bad colds here. The temperature seems to have dropped 10 degrees all of a sudden, and it's thrown a lot of people off.

In other news, me and my guyfriend are doing well. Being happy is kind of nice. Smiley

Grin
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

P
« Reply #1536 on: September 19, 2014, 06:52:50 pm »

Well as you can see, (if you have sigs enabled), I went thru the ballot today and decided who I'll be voting for in November.  4 Republicans, 4 Democrats, and 3 independents/third party.  Of all of them, the one I'm most thankful for is Geddings in the SC-2 race.  If it was just between Joe "You Lie" Wilson and Phil "DINO" Black, I might well have ended up voting for Wilson.
Landslide Andy
IceSpear
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

P

« Reply #1537 on: September 19, 2014, 06:59:08 pm »

Well as you can see, (if you have sigs enabled), I went thru the ballot today and decided who I'll be voting for in November.  4 Republicans, 4 Democrats, and 3 independents/third party.  Of all of them, the one I'm most thankful for is Geddings in the SC-2 race.  If it was just between Joe "You Lie" Wilson and Phil "DINO" Black, I might well have ended up voting for Wilson.

That may be the most moderate heroic ballot I've ever seen. Tongue
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1538 on: September 19, 2014, 09:20:04 pm »

Obviously, you should tell her gently that you aren't interested. Be nice about it; tell her that you hope it won't affect your friendship etc. and bring her an iced coffee or something. Then, most likely, she'll still be open to the idea if you did want to upgrade your relationship in the future.

Although, I suspect this is more whatever you call the asking-for-advice equivalent of a humblebrag. It's probably those whom you've succeeded in impressing with it who are in more need of advice.

I daresay.

Anyway I too am sick. It started with a sore throat on Sunday, got worse till Wednesday when I think I slept enough and threw enough medicine at it to pretty much make it go away, but it came back on Thursday despite my doing the same, probably because I slept for just 4-5 hours.

My voice just disappeared in the middle of the day yesterday, too, which I'd blame on having to talk for most of the hour-and-some long my first class lasted. I was simply astonished to discover when I went back home around noon that it had pretty much gone entirely. My mouth was really dry, so I thought it was that, and I drank some tea, a good liter of water, and had like four cough drops. I'm guessing this allowed me to be just understandable for the two hour seminar I had later, albeit surprised it hadn't gone away, but after that it just vanished completely. I had to call my father and he simply could not hear what I was saying.

It's actually rather frustrating. It's a bit better today, and most of the other symptoms seemed to have subsided, but I still can't talk. I feel like simply pouring an ungodly amount of lemon juice and honey down my throat to make it go away- or rather make my voice come back.
Simfan34
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1539 on: September 20, 2014, 02:40:38 am »

I rushed that post because someone seemingly came through so I went to talk to him. I'd say he was way too high to provide meaningful insights but his constant intonation of "just relax" was not terribly different from what anyone else would have been able to tell me, I think...

Again no one should feel obligated to read any of this.
MaxQue
YaBB God
Canada

« Reply #1540 on: September 20, 2014, 03:28:24 am »

I rushed that post because someone seemingly came through so I went to talk to him. I'd say he was way too high to provide meaningful insights but his constant intonation of "just relax" was not terribly different from what anyone else would have been able to tell me, I think...

Again no one should feel obligated to read any of this.

We are all surprised you didn't denounced him to the police.
Dave from Michigan
9iron768
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1541 on: September 21, 2014, 09:49:33 pm »

So one of my co workers smells, he has this odor with him and it even kind of stays behind when he leaves. There is a chair in the break room that he always sits in and it smells, I actually accidentally sat in it on Friday. The elevator smells after he is on it. I don't really want to say anything surely he knows it? He is a really nice person. He is very overweight like 300 plus pounds.
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1542 on: September 21, 2014, 10:18:54 pm »

So one of my co workers smells, he has this odor with him and it even kind of stays behind when he leaves. There is a chair in the break room that he always sits in and it smells, I actually accidentally sat in it on Friday. The elevator smells after he is on it. I don't really want to say anything surely he knows it? He is a really nice person. He is very overweight like 300 plus pounds.

You could always buy a stick of deodorant and put it on his desk and write "from a friend" on it.
Paul Kemp
YaBB God
United States
« Reply #1543 on: September 21, 2014, 10:19:57 pm »

You could always buy a stick of deodorant and put it on his desk and write "from a friend" on it.

Don't do this.
Flake
Flo
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1544 on: September 24, 2014, 11:30:44 pm »

I might be moving back to New Jersey Tongue
True Federalist
Ernest
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

P
« Reply #1545 on: September 25, 2014, 11:24:43 am »

I might be moving back to New Jersey Tongue

This Update is supposed to be Less Boring, not More Boring.  Kindly avoid mentioning New Jersey.
Solidarity Forever
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1546 on: September 25, 2014, 02:04:48 pm »

I think I may have become slightly obsessed with Ignatius Donnelly, to the point of tracking down his great-great-granddaughter and becoming semi-pen pals with her.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1547 on: September 25, 2014, 09:15:49 pm »

Watching the Giants-R******s game, aka Thursday Night Football, aka TNF, and I can't keep seeing that acronym without thinking about Atlas anymore.  What the hell is wrong with me.  Tongue
Epstein Didnít Kill Himself
ChairmanSanchez
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #1548 on: September 25, 2014, 09:22:01 pm »

Watching the Giants-R******s game, aka Thursday Night Football, aka TNF, and I can't keep seeing that acronym without thinking about Atlas anymore.  What the hell is wrong with me.  Tongue
Censoring the term "Redskin" is certainly fairly wrong, like the name or not.
traininthedistance
YaBB God

« Reply #1549 on: September 25, 2014, 09:24:07 pm »

Watching the Giants-R******s game, aka Thursday Night Football, aka TNF, and I can't keep seeing that acronym without thinking about Atlas anymore.  What the hell is wrong with me.  Tongue
Censoring the term "Redskin" is certainly fairly wrong, like the name or not.

They're a division rival.  I'd want to censor their name even if it wasn't a blatant ethnic slur. Tongue
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length
Logout

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies