Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:49:17 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 129048 times)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« on: January 23, 2014, 03:35:52 PM »

I've been out of school all week. But that hasn't stopped me from having to do work for my new online French class, which so far sucks. Should I drop it?

Why does it suck?
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2014, 08:40:12 AM »

What really irritates me is the web design, which is half-baked and super confusing. The teacher will post an announcement saying to go someplace in a tab, and there won't be a tab for it! Tests are super weird and confusing also. Also, I like being able to go back and forth with a teacher in the language, which has been completely absent so far.

I've never taken an online course (they don't really exist at universities here), but it sounds terrible. And particularly inappropriate for a foreign language course.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2014, 09:52:22 AM »

Have a crazy inksload of work this semester.

Tell me about it...
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2014, 05:42:58 PM »

Ah, life is good. The modular results for January are in; 97.5 percent in Economics, 87 percent in Philosophy. I repeat, life is good.

Congratulations, Cassius. I may otherwise consider you an HP, but as a fellow student fighting his way through exams at the moment...solidarity!
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2014, 05:55:51 PM »

Ah, life is good. The modular results for January are in; 97.5 percent in Economics, 87 percent in Philosophy. I repeat, life is good.

Congratulations, Cassius. I may otherwise consider you an HP, but as a fellow student fighting his way through exams at the moment...solidarity!

Oh definitely. Exams, I find, always draw together even the bitterest of opponents, united in the face of a greater enemy. So good luck to you in your exams too!

Indeed. Thanks Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2014, 05:17:04 PM »

9 hour flight to Detroit and on to Chicago tomorrow. And if long haul flights weren't bad enough, flying Delta makes it even worse. Sad
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 05:49:19 PM »

9 hour flight to Detroit and on to Chicago tomorrow. And if long haul flights weren't bad enough, flying Delta makes it even worse. Sad

Dawg, you should'a told me you was in Detroit.

I never left the secure area of the airport. (Which I imagine is probably the best place one can be in Detroit Smiley)
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2014, 06:03:09 AM »

I've now entered the last desperate days of revision before my exams begin (on Monday). I'm confident (ish) that I know my stuff and what I've got to do. But still, it's not a nice time Sad

Don't go mad over them. If you know your stuff....then my personal advice would be to do some light studying today....and then be done with it. One day of no studying before exams begin has normally been a good thing for me, as a point does come when additional work only increases your nervousness without doing anything constructive for you.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2014, 07:25:39 AM »

Got drunk for the first time in my life yesterday! That was amazing. Cheesy

You can't have been that drunk or you wouldn't be so enthused today... Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2014, 05:00:08 AM »

I leave to go take the bar tomorrow. At this point, I'm so exhausted I am just happy it will be all over on Wednesday night one way or the other.

Good luck, Duke. I'm almost having a breakdown just preparing for normal exams... Wouldn't want to be in your shoes.
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2014, 03:55:42 PM »

Have arrived in Warsaw where I'll be studying this semester. Wish I spoke at least a little Polish, though... Smiley
Franzl
Atlas Star
Germany

« Reply #11 on: September 13, 2014, 01:59:10 PM »

Have arrived in Warsaw where I'll be studying this semester. Wish I spoke at least a little Polish, though... Smiley
Are there any residual bad feelings between the Poles and the Germans these days?

Deep down, probably yes to a certain extent, especially among the very old. That said, I've never felt unwelcome here (and I've visited Poland a few times), and with most it's probably not quite active dislike anymore, but perhaps just a bit of scepticism. But in my age group, I get the feeling things are totally cool.

Quite honestly, I could understand if feelings were a lot worse, but I'm really happy with the way German-Polish relations have developed over the last few years especially.

I'd certainly much rather be a German in Poland than a Russian.

But maybe Kalwejt should comment on this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies