Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:17:50 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 128912 times)
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 02, 2014, 09:08:08 PM »

So I will finally be off of hold and in class starting this week, thus the countdown to the end of my stay in Illinois is on.  I suspect that I will heading to my permanent duty station in Virginia around the middle of June. 

Truly can not wait to get back east.  Warmer, near the beach, and a mere 4 hour drive up the coast to home in NJ.  Very feasible to take a small vacation back to the Dirty Jerz on long weekends. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2014, 11:33:46 AM »

So I leave for SUNNY SAN DIEGO tomorrow! As my ship is currently underway, I will be spending a few weeks at TPU (transient personnel unit) in San Diego on the mainland (I am stationed on Coronado Island).  What does that mean?  Roll call at 7am...

Petty officer: Waller!

Me: WALLER!

Petty officer: So, you're here?

Me: Yup!

Petty officer: Awesome, enjoy your day. 

^ I am not disappointed that my first few weeks in California will essentially be a vacation.  HOO-YAH!!!
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2014, 04:05:47 PM »

Finally got to San Diego.  Beautiful!  Snapped this pic over at Old Town.  

Also, no longer being in training, my allowances are kicking in, so I will be paid $600 more than I was in Chicago on tomorrow's paycheck, and then $300 more than that from there on out.  

Also, the NEW YORK RANGERS CAN WRAP UP THE EASTERN CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP TONIGHT!  I'll be hitting the local sports bar and grabbing a couple beers to hopefully celebrate a title.  
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2014, 12:53:39 PM »

Got drunk for the first time in my life yesterday! That was amazing. Cheesy

Bravo, Antonio.  Today, you woke up a little less awful. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2014, 11:29:49 PM »

Got off base tonight and grabbed a hotel room in San Diego for the hell of it.  Also grabbed a bottle of Captain so I could get the hell away from that ship and make bad decision in peace.  **** might get real tonight, because I've been going through a tough few days.  Or I might just chill out and avoid going nuclear.

Stay tuned.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2014, 12:59:51 AM »

And I'll just go with it.  I've been very depressed for months.  I'm putting a happy face on this Navy thing for quite awhile because I feel like that's what people want me to do.   Fact is, that I'm utterly miserable, and I found out this week that the entire ship is staying in San Diego when we do next year's crew swap EXCEPT my division.  So I will be sent 15,000 miles away to Japan from anything or anyone I've even cared about, I'll be in a transient state AGAIN, and I'll be stuck without moving my life forward when it comes to finding a girl/starting a family/getting some stability for 3 more years.  Oh... and it's not like it's a part of Japan near anything.  It's some backwater rural area where I'll be stuck on base 24/7 doing jack **** when we are in port. 

I literally think I might do something very drastic and I'm trying to hold it together, but at the end of the day this was a huge mistake that I rushed into for no real reason other than student loans and thinking that it might help a prospective political career and I just want to go back to Jersey.  

(I've been drinking so take that into account if you read this)
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2014, 11:31:34 PM »

Finally getting back to San Diego shortly.  My ship has been taking part in the RIMPAC exercise (this is all in the news, so I feel plenty comfortable talking about it here) out in Hawaii for the last couple of months.  It has certainly been a very telling and important experience for me, being underway on a Navy vessel for the first time. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 08:35:02 PM »

Great!  I hope you can find it in your heart to indulge in all the seedy hedonism the Boston underground has to offer.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2014, 06:46:29 PM »

I'm not sure how much I've mentioned this, but my favorite modern band is Coheed And Cambria, who are about to embark on a tour in their Neverender series, in which they pick an album of theirs and play it in it's entirety (they do concept albums, so it makes sense).  Well, thanks to Stubhub and my old friend Bob (who has a car), I've procured myself a ticket to their performance on Sat. Sept. 6 in Los Angeles a the Wiltern Theater!  I've been so miserable out here, and finally I have something that I love to look forward to. 

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2014, 09:03:05 PM »

I just started my first day back at college today, my sophomore year. It was just your average, laid back day of teachers handing out the syllabuses. I'm taking Probability & Statistics I as a math based course, so presumably should I do well in this course, this might better help me understand the thinking of Nate Silver and all that stuff. The teacher is a pretty likeable and funny guy, and he's an odd contrast to my math professor two semesters ago. The current one loves using calculators, the past one hated them. I'm also taking Physical Geography just to completely bullcrap my way through the needed science credits. I'm terrible at science, but it looks like it will be just notes and group projects. The teacher for this class is a major klutz.

And then my other two classes technically don't start for two more weeks, which will be State & Local Gov. and Film Appreciation. I'm taking Film b/c I'm going to be transferring with an Associate of Arts and need a few classes from that general area. As for state and local gov., there's a Parma City Councilman who's going to teach this and with this being campaign season in Ohio, he'll likely have a paper or a project based off of it. I heard from a friend who had this guy before that he requires you to go to a City Council meeting and write a paper about it as one of things as well.

I haven't said this publicly yet, but the close friend I mentioned here in May has since moved away to Dayton to study at the university and work at the job corps center. I miss him, but I've already made 3 new friends at school and likely to have more once the LAMBDA group starts back up next week. I'll be volunteering at the club fair, so hopefully we can get more guys in the group this year! We need them. Sad

We used to just get drunk on the syllabus days, which was always the first Monday and Tuesday of the semester.  I'll tell you, a 4-day weekend group bender is a hell of a way to kick off a semester... for better (Fall 2008) or for worse (Fall 2009).
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2014, 09:58:39 PM »

Are you someone who does not like stories? 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2014, 10:11:08 PM »

Are you someone who does not like stories? 

No, I do.

I've tried talking to Fitzy about alcohol. Didn't work.

Oh.  My bad.  I was just reminiscing about my college days. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2014, 03:48:40 PM »

I think I'm going to try and make a new friend or two. It's been a long time since i last made a friend I could use a new friend or two.
How's the pop consumption?

I have cut way down on the pop. Although I have been using the water flavorors stuff you squirt into a bottle of water. The water flavor stuff is 0 calories so I'm removing 600 to 1000 calories of pop a day, I was averaging about 6k calories in pop a week. I had a lot of pop Tuesday because it was free, probably 60oz. Also over the weekend I had pop but I was at a bachelor party so I kind of had to have some drinks with coke. Even eating out I have been ordering water.

Please tell me you mean alcoholic drinks. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2014, 07:48:26 PM »

About to go to the first "real" party in my life at Waltham.

Nice!  Rage face, bro. 
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2014, 11:02:07 PM »

I'm moving back to New Jersey in just 7 days!  My little Navy journey was certainly quite the experience; I learned a lot about myself, the military, and what people sacrifice.  Alas, horribly depressed, hopeless, and frightened is no way to live, so I'm happily taking myself back into the civilian sector, surrounded and supported by friends and family.  People in my chain of command have also been very supportive, understood that this is not the life for me, and have gotten me in touch with a lot of veteran's affairs offices around the South Jersey area that will be helping me find a career that is more in line with my talents and my interests. 

Pce out Navy, pce out San Diego... it's been real.
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2014, 05:05:18 PM »

SawX, mah man!

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2014, 06:11:33 PM »

Hahahaha y'all have no chill. Just found out the girl I like has a thing for me too.

HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2014, 10:18:41 PM »

So I was standing in a rather large line at my local Wal-Mart today behind a couple families that I know from when I went to church with my family in year younger. It was the only register open so there wasn't much of another option to get my 12 pack of Mountain Dew for a party I was heading to. I was wondering why the line was going nowhere when I decided to poke my head up front to see what the holdup was. It was a little old lady who didn't have enough for her groceries and she was trying to talk the cashier into letting her get away with being short. This struck me as odd until I found out she was a mere $0.21 short of her purchase. Now all these families were just staring and there was even two making fun of her. I walked up and handed my soda to the cashier, handed him a $5 and told her to keep the change. One of the middle aged women (I knew these people, so I also knew that they all make over 6 digits) grabbed her kid and yelled very loudly, "See that man? He's acting just like Jesus wants us to." For some reason this set me off, so I turned around. I haven't shaved in awhile so I'm rocking some nice scruff, a Slayer shirt, and gym shorts, so it must have been a nice sight. Very loudly, I said "Like Jesus? Ma'am I'm an atheist who makes minimum wage and I was the one who stepped up to help her? Your hypocritical Christianity is an inspiration to us all." As I stormed out, a couple of the cart boys started to whistle and cheer, soon shoppers joined in and even the cashier. I gave a wave and went off with a feeling of accomplishment.

Well done, FF. 
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies