Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:47:31 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Update for Everyone II - Less Boring, More Whoring  (Read 130675 times)
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« on: March 31, 2014, 10:07:43 PM »

Indy bench pressed 75 lbs today. I realize how pitifully small that sounds to some of you but keep in mind I'd never used free weights in my life up until a few weeks ago and I'm trying to rebuild my body after nearly a year of treating it very badly and eating next to nothing apart from coffee, alcohol, sleeping pills and antidepressants.

I can't seem to gain any weight though. I bought some kind of mass builder powder that I've been drinking with 2% milk after I work out, but I still can't get over 150 pounds.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2014, 12:00:32 AM »

Yikes, if she's the sort to get herself pregnant I'd say run away. But then again, I'm in no position to give advice on this, and my sole action ever has been to run away and hide, so...

Oh I don't think she's that type; I'm just being paranoid. She's on birth control, or so she says.

Let us know if there's a Lil' Duke running around in ~9 months.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 01:31:16 AM »

Yikes, if she's the sort to get herself pregnant I'd say run away. But then again, I'm in no position to give advice on this, and my sole action ever has been to run away and hide, so...

Oh I don't think she's that type; I'm just being paranoid. She's on birth control, or so she says.

Let us know if there's a Lil' Duke running around in ~9 months.

If the baby is running in 9 months, the girl is not from Earth.

Duke's robust Greek DNA will produce babies of epic strength and agility.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2014, 12:49:39 PM »

When I got back to my room last night/this morning, I put a bottle of whisky in my freezer. I'd put stuff in there before, but I guess I hadn't accounted for the fact that Jim Beam fifths are rectangular in body while Royal Canadian is round. In any case, roll, roll, roll, crash, and that was the end of that. I suck.

When I was a freshman, I more or less had a tantrum when one of my roommates attempted to keep alcohol in the freezer (Vodka) and beer in the fridge. I basically told him he could keep them anywhere but the fridge/freezer. So he kept the vodka in his room at room temp and simply did his beer drinking elsewhere. He didn't like me very much.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2014, 04:24:37 PM »

Visiting Grinnell College. Also its rather embarassing to admit, but it'll be the first time I'm out of California...

And you're going to...Iowa. Well, have fun with that.

But as a jaded college graduate who has dealt with things like student loan debt and the importance of a broad alumni network, I'm still going to advise you to go to the best UC school you can get into.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2014, 04:33:36 PM »

Ahhhh, the girl I was worrying over got drunk last night and told me she wanted to be exclusive with me, and that she "needed" me in her life to keep her in line, and that she was tired of being the crazy single girl and really liked me and wished she didn't. 

I really don't know what to do. I either hurt her now and tell her I don't have time to start a relationship with all of this stuff upcoming or just wait and let her figure it out on her own in a months time. I'm just hoping she doesn't remember she said what she said today.

No. No. No. Abandon ship. Cash out your chips. Get off the bus.

You won't be able to get any future "benefits" from her, but it's not as if she's the only woman in the universe who can provide those "benefits."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2014, 04:37:19 PM »

Ahhhh, the girl I was worrying over got drunk last night and told me she wanted to be exclusive with me, and that she "needed" me in her life to keep her in line, and that she was tired of being the crazy single girl and really liked me and wished she didn't. 

I really don't know what to do. I either hurt her now and tell her I don't have time to start a relationship with all of this stuff upcoming or just wait and let her figure it out on her own in a months time. I'm just hoping she doesn't remember she said what she said today.

No. No. No. Abandon ship. Cash out your chips. Get off the bus.

You won't be able to get any future "benefits" from her, but it's not as if she's the only woman in the universe who can provide those "benefits."

There's no question I am going to abandon ship. I'm just not sure whether to cut it off now or just wait until I'm too busy to even bother with her and let her get the hint on her own.

Now. She's clearly the wrong kind of crazy - the kind that does not take hints easily.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2014, 08:59:43 PM »

What drives people to take up as disgusting a habit as cigarette smoking?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2014, 11:13:23 PM »

What drives people to take up as disgusting a habit as cigarette smoking?
I just finished my nightly swisher. Its a good way to do something while doing nothing and fights off the boring nothingness that haunts our lives from time to time. Its my way to celebrate when happy and its my emotional outlet when depressed, and it doesn't alter your mind.

I guess that's a better reason than Ayn Rand's insistence that cigarettes represent the triumph of man over fire, or whatever she was raving about during one of her amphetamine benders.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 08:08:22 PM »

I've chosen Kansas State University, Louisiana State University, Iowa State University, and Mississippi State University Tongue

Just out of curiosity, why? That seems like a rather eclectic assortment of schools without much common other than "X State University." What do you want to major in?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2014, 10:34:39 PM »

I've chosen Kansas State University, Louisiana State University, Iowa State University, and Mississippi State University Tongue

Just out of curiosity, why? That seems like a rather eclectic assortment of schools without much common other than "X State University." What do you want to major in?

Biology, then going to a vet school. I mainly wanted to stay on the same campus if I'm going to be going to the same school for eight years.

Spending eight years at the same school sounds like a nightmare to me, but suit yourself.

You should apply to Texas A&M too.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 08:39:23 PM »

Please don't do your grad school at the same place as your undergrad school.

Why not?

Teaching attendents already said then prospective employers prefers when the people they hire were exposed to two different schools (the mentality/focus is often different from one school to another).

No one outside of academia cares about that.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2014, 08:19:42 PM »

Great. Looks like this "prom" is at a hotel and might be pretty swanky. Great. Might be expected to follow a certain code of conduct or look particularly non-trashy. This'll be just fantastic.

Aren't all proms at hotels or convention centers? Where else would you have one?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2014, 04:47:40 PM »

I finally got a copy of my tax returns for AMEX. I have no idea how to read them, but I always have a net capital loss of over $30K every year and between $10-15K in capital gains. I'm not sure if that's how I factor in my tuition payments each year or what. But I'm pretty sure I'm going to lose my credit card with them unless they pay attention to my other assets or if I'm reading that wrong.

I wish I knew more about my own finances than I apparently do.

#whitepeopleproblems
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: June 13, 2014, 05:48:02 PM »

The last two weeks have been just "great". Working nine to ten hour days at a place about 45 minutes away, getting 4 hours of sleep on good nights, still having a chronic cough, and now another wisdom tooth is popping in, making my right jaw swollen and feeling like sh#t. Meanwhile, my roommate and the Housing Chair is in sort of a death-match with another member of our pledge class who has great differences with him but wants to move in for work-related reasons. Thus, it's a war on two fronts. Both, of course, want me to take their side and all that crap. Both are guilty of horrible atrocities against the protagonist (me) in various forms, but both are as well my friends. Whenever I try to mediate their disputes, it isn't about wanting them to get along, it's about self preservation; if I have to hear them yelling one more time, either I or at least one of them will be dead. Probably gonna have to just take a week off at home so I can visit a few doctors regarding various issues and actually get some sleep.

No offense, Cath, but what do you think being an adult with a full-time job is going to be like? You just described a typical day in the life of Indy.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2014, 09:35:26 PM »

The chick I went to formal with (and who took me to her formal) is now in an relationship. Looks like it's Jim Beam on the menu tonight. And work tomorrow. Urgh. Why couldn't she get wifed up on a weeknight?
Been there done that...but it was with Jack and RC Cola and instead of work it was at the 20th Annual YeeHaw Junction Bluegrass Festival. Also, the girl in question was going with my friend, and then she went to prom with another one of my friends Tongue.

May I suggest you listen to this for an evening of entertainment?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXYyeUz5Fw8

I thank you for your encouragement. Luckily, I don't work with her (how could she do demo anyway?), but that does mean I have to wake up and be in a state of good hydration all day tomorrow. I may need to make a smokes run soon. Wanna come with? Watching my housemate play football video games will only go so far.

Are you saying women can't do demolition work? And you shouldn't smoke. It's a very unhealthy, white trash thing to do.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2014, 03:59:44 PM »

I'm sick...I have a fever and every part of my body is sore. And like most people who use the diagnostic tool on WebMD, I am now convinced that my death from severe acute illness is imminent and have quietly resigned myself to my fate on my deathbed.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2014, 02:28:18 PM »

Life is just collapsing sound me. I haven't shaved since early May, and I'm having human interaction maybe once or twice a week. I've also adopted this 1 meal a day diet because I don't really have time to do anything otherwise. I have decided to start cooking some type of dish at the beginning of the week and living off that for a few days.

I'm a mess. This whole process is just insane.
This is pretty much my life right now, except I'm smoking a lot and I'm not actually preparing for something important Tongue.

STAHP!

I honestly don't understand how anyone born after 1980 or so would consider smoking an appropriate activity, let alone do it "a lot."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2014, 08:21:15 PM »

Life is just collapsing sound me. I haven't shaved since early May, and I'm having human interaction maybe once or twice a week. I've also adopted this 1 meal a day diet because I don't really have time to do anything otherwise. I have decided to start cooking some type of dish at the beginning of the week and living off that for a few days.

I'm a mess. This whole process is just insane.
This is pretty much my life right now, except I'm smoking a lot and I'm not actually preparing for something important Tongue.

STAHP!

I honestly don't understand how anyone born after 1980 or so would consider smoking an appropriate activity, let alone do it "a lot."

You're the biggest f#ckomg hater, dude. Just got back from a ten hour day that I worked while I have a have a f#cking nail-head in my foot. Stop giving people shyte for Christ's sake.

I'm sorry to hear you worked a ten hour day - something that I do on a somewhat frequent basis as an adult with a full-time job. I'm sorry to hear you have a nailhead in your foot, perhaps you should see a doctor. I was just at the doctor yesterday for the GI tract infection that I've been suffering from since this weekend. I haven't been able to eat solid food. There's been a lot of vomiting and diarrhea. I get very little sleep at night due to the stomach cramps and the constant running to the bathroom. I'm dehydrated. And I'm getting bothered incessantly by people at work. But I'm not going to snap at people unprovoked as you seem fit to do.

Here's a thought, Cath. If you don't like your job, find a new one. And realize that 99% of this forum really doesn't give two sh*ts about what you and your "bros" that you pay a per-semester fee for are or aren't doing and don't need daily updates about what's happening at "the House."
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2014, 08:12:12 PM »

I just won't get more than 4.0 in my GRE essay part. That's frustrating, but at least I have good verbal and quantitative scores.

I screwed up on the essay too. When it displayed the time, I thought that was the amount of time I had for both essays when it was actually the time I had for each one. So I rushed through the first and got to the next one only to see the clock reset itself. Oh well. Still got into the masters programs I applied to.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2014, 10:10:07 PM »

So, every year the local Republican Club gives out a few scholarships, and guess who handed them out this year....former Congressman Mark Foley Tongue. The irony is lost on them, apparently.

Did he creep on you?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2014, 09:07:57 AM »

So my sister is engaged, and she will be getting married next September. Well the problem is the groom and his family wants a big wedding that will cost tens of thousands of dollars, and neither of them can afford a wedding that costs that much, so the family now wants to rent out a church, that alone costs $5000. Our family just wants them to have a small wedding in their backyard, because our view is that you don't need a fancy wedding, as long as you love the person you'll be good to go no matter how you get married. My aunt didn't even have a wedding, she went to court with her fiancee, brought both parents, and got married. Now my sister's fiancee's family is the spoiled rich kid type, most of them have not faced financial difficulty before in their lives, our family comes from working class roots, so many of us are raised that spending money is bad unless it's necessary, so a lot of us were shocked to hear that they wanted to have a big fancy wedding when we wanted a small one with a few guests that are close to the bride and the groom.

So how do we convince the groom and his family that they would be better off with a small wedding?

If their family wants a high-end wedding, why don't you just tell them that they're more than welcome to pay for it themselves if it's that big a deal to them?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: August 10, 2014, 12:03:16 AM »

I think my antidepressants aren't working. I've felt really blue the past couple of days. I guess I always do but I'm getting into that tired, despondent state that I haven't been in in several months.

I'm wondering if there are any career opportunities for hermits - something like being the caretaker for an isolated English country house that no one ever goes to should be right up my alley. It gets awfully lonely when there are too many people around.
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2014, 02:29:01 PM »

I think my antidepressants aren't working. I've felt really blue the past couple of days. I guess I always do but I'm getting into that tired, despondent state that I haven't been in in several months.

I'm wondering if there are any career opportunities for hermits - something like being the caretaker for an isolated English country house that no one ever goes to should be right up my alley. It gets awfully lonely when there are too many people around.

Oh dear, man! You've mentioned having a therapist before; you should probably let them know what's going on.

I just don't see the point. I already know what's wrong with me - I have no friends, no social life, never had a meaningful relationship and I hate my job and hate this city. I can go ask for more pills to numb the pain so I can tolerate my life, but if that's all I have to look forward to, then what is the point?
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2014, 11:46:19 PM »

Cigna denied health coverage to a patient at the rehab where my brother is going, and he died of a drug overdose. Now they are trying to deny my brother the same coverage.

I am a firm believer in the free market, but stories like this only enhance my belief that we need a public healthcare system. It is hypocritical of me, I admit. But it is badly, badly needed. Every other advanced nation has a system where problems like this do not exist.

I'm sorry. Is this rehab for drug addiction? Did the guy die because he had to leave the facility and relapsed?
Pages: [1] 2  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies