Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:58:10 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 84
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide  (Read 293919 times)
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1175 on: November 30, 2017, 12:40:41 AM »

IXE poll has seat projections

Lower House       Senate
Berlusconi bloc         270                   135
M5S                        165                     85
Center-Left              162                     81
Radical Left                25                      8

LN wants Berlusconi  to rule out a post-election alliance with the Center-Left bloc which if true means no majority for any bloc or alliances of blocs.
Pennsylvania Deplorable

« Reply #1176 on: November 30, 2017, 03:05:05 PM »

IXE poll has seat projections

Lower House       Senate
Berlusconi bloc         270                   135
M5S                        165                     85
Center-Left              162                     81
Radical Left                25                      8

LN wants Berlusconi  to rule out a post-election alliance with the Center-Left bloc which if true means no majority for any bloc or alliances of blocs.
Could Berlusconi form a coalition with the center left and drop LN? It would cede votes to LN next time around, but perhaps he'd do that to have a majority (if that would even be enough for one).
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #1177 on: December 04, 2017, 07:14:48 AM »

The center-right is surging at the moment, and the electoral campaign (one of Berlusconi's strengths) still has to start...nonetheless, hard to see a clear majority at the moment.
Well done to the radical left anyway, as usual playing the role of the "useful idiot".
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1178 on: December 04, 2017, 08:46:33 AM »

Well done to the radical left anyway, as usual playing the role of the "useful idiot".

As usual no reflection on the part of the liberals, just the fault of the radical left as everyone surges past both. 
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1179 on: December 04, 2017, 10:01:40 AM »

As usual no reflection on the part of the liberals, just the fault of the radical left as everyone surges past both.  

As usual, commenting without any actual knowledge of the political landscape.

Part of the radical left has agreed to form a coalition with PD after some talks on policy, others (most, former members of PD) instead have rejected it based on pure, personal hatred of Matteo Renzi. The radical left is led by people such as D'Alema and Bersani, dynosaurs responsible for the worse defeats of the Italian center-left in the last years.
They don't have ANY concrete proposals, apart from reintroducing the "articolo 18", a law which prevented those with open-ended contracts from being fired, and actually extend it to all firms and not just those with more than 15 employees (as with the old articolo 18, in place until 3 years ago). I am not kidding. Not one single proposal. And with their claims of being the "real left" and "wanting to challenge PD in every uninominal seat", they'll only manage to help the right (extreme right, actually...look at Lega Nord and Fratelli d'Italia) win.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix
E: -6.66, S: -3.33

« Reply #1180 on: December 04, 2017, 11:06:39 AM »

Call the coalition with D'Alema, Bersani, Grasso radical left is ridicolous, they can be called center left, they are no more leftist of the 2013 coalition.
a radical left coalition is in birth: Potere al popolo, power to the people, they started from a "centro sociale" of Naples
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1181 on: December 04, 2017, 11:12:07 AM »

So what's going to go on with the left?

We have the Left that spun off from SEL and Fassina's group of dissidents from the Democrats, there's Pepe Civati's little group, there's the Greens (which I guess still exist?), there's the MDP's dinosaurs, there's Giuliano Pisapia's party, presumbly the remains of  Antonio Ingroia's list are lurking round somewhere... Who will ally with the Democrats and who aren't?
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1182 on: December 04, 2017, 12:15:58 PM »

Call the coalition with D'Alema, Bersani, Grasso radical left is ridicolous, they can be called center left, they are no more leftist of the 2013 coalition.
a radical left coalition is in birth: Potere al popolo, power to the people, they started from a "centro sociale" of Naples
Who are they?
I am fairly active in Italian politics and never remotely heard of them...

Anyhow, Pisapia, IDV and the Greens should go with PD, as should the Radicals.
MDP, Civati and Sinistra Italiana (Fassina and co.) are running together under the "Liberi e Uguali" electoral cartel, with Senate President Pietro Grasso as their (formal) leader.
Ingroia has just formed a new party, but it will get less than 0.1%, whereas Rifondazione Comunista should run independently.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1183 on: December 04, 2017, 12:46:30 PM »

Also will Angelino Alfano's party run independently given their lousy polling?
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #1184 on: December 04, 2017, 01:04:40 PM »

As usual, commenting without any actual knowledge of the political landscape.

Part of the radical left has agreed to form a coalition with PD after some talks on policy, others (most, former members of PD) instead have rejected it based on pure, personal hatred of Matteo Renzi. The radical left is led by people such as D'Alema and Bersani, dynosaurs responsible for the worse defeats of the Italian center-left in the last years.
They don't have ANY concrete proposals, apart from reintroducing the "articolo 18", a law which prevented those with open-ended contracts from being fired, and actually extend it to all firms and not just those with more than 15 employees (as with the old articolo 18, in place until 3 years ago). I am not kidding. Not one single proposal. And with their claims of being the "real left" and "wanting to challenge PD in every uninominal seat", they'll only manage to help the right (extreme right, actually...look at Lega Nord and Fratelli d'Italia) win.

Really? Because I recall your input being stellar in the UK thread... Cheesy

You referred to the radical left - although apparently you were meaning the dissatisfied old guard with an axe to grind. There is clear blue water between the actual radical left and liberal PD - something Renzi has only sharpened. They are perfectly entitled to stand and the PD are responsible for their current trailing of clowns (and likely still would be even if they didn't).
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1185 on: December 04, 2017, 01:41:55 PM »

Who are they?

MDP, Civati and Sinistra Italiana (Fassina and co.) are running together under the "Liberi e Uguali" electoral cartel, with Senate President Pietro Grasso as their (formal) leader.
Ingroia has just formed a new party, but it will get less than 0.1%, whereas Rifondazione Comunista should run independently.
[/quote]

not so active... search potere al popolo on facebook, the CPN of PRC just yesterday or was saturday, voted for join.

the greens from today to 6th called online vote for the coalition
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« Reply #1186 on: December 04, 2017, 02:42:24 PM »

I'm confident that MDP will fade into irrelevancy as the campaign goes on. Not that that will help PD much...
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1187 on: December 05, 2017, 12:08:54 PM »
« Edited: December 05, 2017, 02:09:53 PM by Worried Italian Progressive »

Who are they?

not so active... search potere al popolo on facebook, the CPN of PRC just yesterday or was saturday, voted for join.

the greens from today to 6th called online vote for the coalition
[/quote]
Eight thousand likes on Facebook...no wonder I had no idea they existed.

Anyhow, leftbehing, I was referring to the fact that you were already defining the issue in a "liberals vs radical left" way, when in fact Liberi e Uguali is just the result of personal hatred and not of some revolutionary platform.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #1188 on: December 05, 2017, 12:15:34 PM »

Tbh, and as is usually the case, all parts of the Italian Left have been stupid in their own different ways and all shall suffer as a result. It's a depressing situation, though is still potentially salvageable...
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1189 on: December 06, 2017, 02:35:06 AM »

Tbh, and as is usually the case, all parts of the Italian Left have been stupid in their own different ways and all shall suffer as a result. It's a depressing situation, though is still potentially salvageable...

This (with a strong emphasis on "potentially").
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #1190 on: December 06, 2017, 04:26:39 AM »

Tony you were a Civati fan right? Would you still support him now that he's thrown his lot in with The D'Alema wing?
SPQR
italian-boy
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1191 on: December 06, 2017, 11:30:48 AM »

Breaking: Pisapia and Alfano won't run at the next elections.

Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1192 on: December 06, 2017, 03:14:44 PM »

Tony you were a Civati fan right? Would you still support him now that he's thrown his lot in with The D'Alema wing?

Probably not, no. I don't necessarily blame him (he's gotta ally with someone), but I consider it my patriotic duty to ensure MDP doesn't survive beyond this election.

I'll probably vote SI, even though I don't find them particularly interesting these days.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1193 on: December 11, 2017, 09:49:25 AM »

Eight thousand likes on Facebook...no wonder I had no idea they existed.

Anyhow, leftbehing, I was referring to the fact that you were already defining the issue in a "liberals vs radical left" way, when in fact Liberi e Uguali is just the result of personal hatred and not of some revolutionary platform.

i'm not referring so, you are "Part of the radical left has agreed to form a coalition with PD after some talks on policy, others (most, former members of PD) instead have rejected it based on pure, personal hatred of Matteo Renzi. The radical left is led by people such as D'Alema and Bersani, dynosaurs responsible for the worse defeats of the Italian center-left in the last years. "

warandwar
United States

« Reply #1194 on: December 11, 2017, 12:10:04 PM »

Just looked up potere al popolo, they have a video of them singing bella ciao type music on a subway.

Potere al popolo? ENDORSED
Tender Branson
Mark Warner 08
Atlas Institution
Austria

Political Matrix
E: -6.06, S: -4.84

« Reply #1195 on: December 23, 2017, 09:35:28 AM »

Italian parliament passes 2018 budget, clearing way for elections

You must be logged in to read this quote.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-italy-budget-election/italian-parliament-passes-2018-budget-clearing-way-for-elections-idUSKBN1EH0D1

---

Questions for Italian posters:

* How likely is it that the Right Bloc will form a government with M5S after the election, if they fail to win a majority of seats on their own ? What are the other most likely coalitions then ?

* What are the positions of the major Italian parties (or what did their representatives say in recent days) about ÖVP/FPÖ's proposal to offer Austrian citizenship to South Tyrolians ? I know that the right-wing Fratelli d'Italia spoke out against it, but what about the Democratic Party, the M5S, Lega etc. ?

Thx.
FrancoAgo
Italy

Political Matrix

« Reply #1196 on: December 28, 2017, 12:32:05 PM »

Within 70 days we will have new elections in Italy, probably the 4th march

The president has dissolved (dismissed) the chambers
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #1197 on: December 29, 2017, 02:26:07 AM »

Does Renzi have a shot at returning to power? I haven’t been following this closely (even though I’ll be voting in Italian elections in a few years, lol) but a WSJ article I just read seemed to imply that it isn’t likely.
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1198 on: December 29, 2017, 06:55:57 AM »

Does Renzi have a shot at returning to power? I haven’t been following this closely (even though I’ll be voting in Italian elections in a few years, lol) but a WSJ article I just read seemed to imply that it isn’t likely.

PD is in free fall in the polls.
jaichind
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 9.03, S: -5.39

« Reply #1199 on: December 29, 2017, 07:11:45 AM »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/12/28/berlusconi-woes-voters-tax-breaks-pet-owners-basic-income-italians/

Berlusconi woos voters with tax breaks for pet owners and a basic income for all Italians

What is funny is that it is Berlusconi (and also M5S) that are coming out with "free free free !!"  type schemes and it is the PD that is asking "how to pay for all this", reversing the traditional "Right-Left" paradigm. 
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 ... 84  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies