Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:48:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Italian Elections and Politics 2018: Yellow Tide  (Read 294007 times)
Grand Wizard Lizard of the Klan
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 5.39

« on: April 13, 2016, 03:35:05 AM »

I have a little request, especially for the Italian posters:

Can you tell me something more about those guys:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrazia_Solidale
Is this party something more than political arm of Catholic trade unions?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2016, 02:58:10 PM »

I have a little request, especially for the Italian posters:

Can you tell me something more about those guys:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democrazia_Solidale
Is this party something more than political arm of Catholic trade unions?

It's not even that. It's just a one- or two-people outfit and PD satellite.

Sad
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 01:29:44 PM »

alto-adige is still my politically fav part of italy.

>is Austrian
>uses name Alto-Adige

what
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2017, 04:12:20 PM »

I don't know how but I got Partito della Rifondazione Comunista :I
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:03:22 AM »

I don't know how but I got Partito della Rifondazione Comunista :I

Didn't know you were so into great figures of Italian communism. Tongue

If I would be Italian communist I would really care about people like Gramsci or Togliatti. I prefer old-school communism not some new left sh**t with fancy, minimalist logos. Nowadays real communist parties have member which are more than 50 years old generally, politics should be thing for old people (Italy is kinda doing great with that).
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2017, 08:57:11 AM »

So, today there are local elections in Sicily. PD will almost surely lose so main race is between M5S and berlusconian centre-right. Turnout for 12 p.m was ca. 9%.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: January 05, 2018, 05:18:40 AM »

Will new electoral system help in consolidation of Italian political scene? I mean now we have a lot of neat electoral blocks without typical for Italy chaos so maybe it might evolve into something more (like permanent coalitions or sth)?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: February 04, 2018, 05:28:07 PM »

OK, something I have been wondering about - can anyone explain what the... purpose of the minor parties in the Centre-Left coalition are? like, who are pro-europa and why are they standing?

Good question.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2018, 04:42:30 PM »

There will be exit polls at 23?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2018, 06:13:20 PM »

Maybe people were not convinced that Bersani and D'Alema are the best faces of other left?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2018, 06:26:02 PM »

For anyone who knows: do PaP and/or CasaPound have a chance of making it into Parliament?

No.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2018, 04:35:30 AM »

How many votes are already counted?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2018, 02:20:00 PM »

http://elezioni.interno.gov.it/camera/scrutini/20180304/scrutiniCI

When the all votes will be counted? Are we waiting for diaspora votes?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2018, 07:28:39 PM »

Can somebody explain to me how is it possible that Italian MPs just elected guy named Roberto Fico as president of Chamber of Deputies at the same time while guy with Italian surname became Prime Minster of Slovakia?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2018, 03:37:38 PM »

Am I like the only person who noticed that Salvini just said that he in some circumstances would do what Mussolini did decades ago? This was on purpose or he just threatened with manifestations and protests and not with coup? I know that in Italy there is some sort of nostalgia concerned fascist Kingdom of Italy but cmon.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2018, 07:32:00 AM »

When PD is going to elect its new leader? Are there any politicians who announced their will to participate in leader elections as a candidate?
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2018, 10:12:47 AM »

When PD is going to elect its new leader? Are there any politicians who announced their will to participate in leader elections as a candidate?
Last Saturday's National Assembly was supposed to be the start of the new congress, but Renzi decided to make it a discussion on the current political affairs and the new government, so it will be the next one (in June/July) that will define the dates and all.
I find it hard to believe that the primaries will be before Spring '19. And it would be useless to do so, since there are few strong candidates and none with clear ideas on what to do.

Zingaretti, Lazio's governor, said he wants to run, but he is just using empty words trying to appeal to the leftist wing and to those sympathetic to M5S. His only strong point is that he (barely) won the regional elections in March on the same day that PD lost badly, but it will get weaker over time.
Ad-interim secretary Martina may also run; he is trying to make a name for himself as the candidate of unity between the various groups.
Amongst those closer to Renzi, there are no strong candidates at the moment. Serracchiani, former governor of Friuli Venezia Giulia and once considered to be a wonderkid (around 2008; she then became MEP in 2009), is now very weak and despised. Richetti is kind of a Renzist maverick but with little name recognition.
Delrio, former mayor of Reggio Emilia and Minister of Infrastructure, close to Renzi but very moderate, would be the best pick IMHO, but he keeps on refusing to run.

Thank you very much for answer.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 27, 2018, 01:24:58 PM »

Conte resigned from mission to create the new govt.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 27, 2018, 04:17:07 PM »

So let's say there are new elections and 5 Star and Legs increase their majority. How does that change anything if the President won't accept their cabinet? It sounds like unless Italians suddenly elect an establishment government, there will be another impasse.

If this is true, and it looks like it is, this is a complete failure of democracy.

Why so? These are competencies of president guaranteed by Italian law.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: May 27, 2018, 06:18:43 PM »

So let's say there are new elections and 5 Star and Legs increase their majority. How does that change anything if the President won't accept their cabinet? It sounds like unless Italians suddenly elect an establishment government, there will be another impasse.

If this is true, and it looks like it is, this is a complete failure of democracy.

Something being legal and constitutional doesn't make it democratic. The president is elected by parliament for seven years, and can then block the appointment of a new and more radical government. So an old pro-establishment parliament can indirectly prevent the voters from getting a new and more radical government later on. Not very democratic. If a president has that kind of powers he should be directly elected by the people.

They decided to participate in elections, they decided to participate in that whole political system which have its own set of institutions and legal acts setting rules. That's how its work. I think that Mattarella decision was stupid and of course motivated by purely political factors and not that thing about investors etc. but still he got elected as a president fairly by all those old guys in Italian parliament and just used powers which I guess all of those people accepted president should have before. I am sure that Lega-elected president or M5S-elected president would do the same if some sort of turbo-pro-refugees party would won elections. This is not how probably it should look like but calling it a failure is definitely too much.
kataak
Vatican City State

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: May 28, 2018, 02:58:32 AM »

Something being legal and constitutional doesn't make it democratic. The president is elected by parliament for seven years, and can then block the appointment of a new and more radical government. So an old pro-establishment parliament can indirectly prevent the voters from getting a new and more radical government later on. Not very democratic. If a president has that kind of powers he should be directly elected by the people.

They decided to participate in elections, they decided to participate in that whole political system which have its own set of institutions and legal acts setting rules. That's how its work. I think that Mattarella decision was stupid and of course motivated by purely political factors and not that thing about investors etc. but still he got elected as a president fairly by all those old guys in Italian parliament and just used powers which I guess all of those people accepted president should have before. I am sure that Lega-elected president or M5S-elected president would do the same if some sort of turbo-pro-refugees party would won elections. This is not how probably it should look like but calling it a failure is definitely too much.

How it "works" has nothing to do with whether it's democratic or not.

It has a lot. Political systems are mainly about institutions and level of how much people accepting them. Voting is only one aspect of that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies