What sort of clothes do you wear?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:55:19 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What sort of clothes do you wear?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: What sort of clothes do you wear?  (Read 1239 times)
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 21, 2013, 09:56:57 AM »

In light of the 3 piece suit thread...

School: Polo & jeans or a sweater & jeans depending on the temperature. Usually in solid colours or simple patterns. I'm a big fan of those quarter zip sweaters. Usually wear casual brown leather loafers for shoes

Work: About equally divided between suits, sport coat & odd trousers, or a dress shirt & odd trousers. I almost always wear a tie. Accountants seem to be one of the last professions to give up dressiness.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2013, 10:07:23 AM »

Trendy clothes
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2013, 10:32:26 AM »

Generally extremely casual; tshirt or tank top, shorts/jeans, sweatshirt/hoodie when the weather requires (sometimes skip the tshirt and just wear a sweater w/ nothing under, I'm a fan of that wearing an oversized sweatshirt as basically a dress thing), flip flops every day until it gets so cold I'm risking frostbite on my toes. I actually don't know how to tie my shoes or any knot for that matter, so I wear boots/converse/other slip ons that don't require a tie when I'm forced to go close toed. Skirts/dresses occasionally in the summer, any skirt that goes lower than the knee or maybe an inch below tends to bother me (f**k this maxi skirt trend).

The only jobs that I've had have been extremely casual, thankfully. I had one internship back when I lived as a guy where I had to wear a suit and tie...it was f**king miserable. I used to cheat sometimes by wearing black jeans instead of slacks, a few people noticed but nothing came of it. I own like one semi formal dress now, that's it.
rejectamenta
Botswana

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2013, 10:49:12 AM »
« Edited: October 21, 2013, 10:53:46 AM by rejectamenta »

I dress somewhere between Sepultura and homeless person. Band shirts, jeans, BDU pants, denim and leather jackets etc.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 11:40:16 AM »

A brony t-shirt and a trenchcoat to complement my fedora and classy neckbeard.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:42:17 AM »

A band shirt, jeans and a hoodie. Even during the summer I keep the hoodie because the air conditioning in my workplace is put on too high (ironically I usually don't wear a coat or hoodie indoors during the winter, because my workplace overruns the heating then.)
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2013, 11:54:53 AM »

My style is kind of eclectic. I like bright colors and dislike anything that's too baggy. I wear collared shirts a lot.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2013, 12:01:17 PM »

Usually a polo or a button-down shirt and jeans.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 12:14:42 PM »

T-shirt and chino shorts. Usually the occasional polo. When it's cold out I have a leather jacket or a hoodie and jeans. Overall I'd have to say my fashion sense is pretty splooshtastic.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:15 PM »

Always T-shirt and jeans, generally with a hoodie whenever I can. Never shorts. Sometimes when I don't have class and I don't feel like changing I'll go to the dining hall in my pajamas, but that's it.
Leftbehind
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 12:31:45 PM »

Mostly jeans, t-shirts and hoodies. At work a shirt (sans tie), trousers and a waterproof jacket.

As for style, mostly the opposite of this:

My style is kind of eclectic. I like bright colors and dislike anything that's too baggy. I wear collared shirts a lot.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 01:07:14 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2013, 01:09:06 PM by opebo »

I actually don't know how to tie my shoes or any knot for that matter

Oh my god.  What an amusing revelation.  So mummy tied your converse and you just leave them tied forever?

As for myself - I used to dress in a really dapper and adventurous manner when I had access to all the thrift stores of the good old American Midwest while at the same time spared the humiliation of paid employment.  

Now I dress pretty much like any extremely well bred university lecturer might, with a few peccadilloes:  I generally quite strongly dislike blue-jean dungarees, and only very rarely wear them (I prefer corduroy trousers for cold weather wear), plus everything I wear is still second hand of course, I just don't have the frequent, easy access to the thrift store bonanza (and for all I know it may have dried up on the sad old, bad old USA).  

I'm pretty much in slacks and dress shirts, but somehow manage to keep it slightly 'odd' or 'off' or 'alternative'.

And by the way have you seen my storied thread on the subject?: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=99430.msg3881475#msg3881475
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 01:26:12 PM »

On casual days in the fall, looks like it'll be jeans, boots/tennis shoes, tees, flannel shirts, hoodies, & either a Carhartt or a flannel jacket. Loving this weather.

On Wesnesdays I have to dress up, but I recently got an influx of clothing, so we'll see.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2013, 01:30:51 PM »

I tend to dress like either the doctor in Hot Fuzz or the Hungarian hood in the film version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.
Grumpier Than Uncle Joe
GM3PRP
Atlas Legend
Greece
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2013, 01:33:39 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2013, 01:35:33 PM by Grumps »

Typically dress slacks and a polo type shirt for work. Sweaters in the winter of course.  I have a couple of cardigans I truly enjoy when it's cold out.

At home, shorts and either a t-shirt or hoodie, depending on the temperature. Oh and at home it's all commando all the time.
Mopsus
MOPolitico
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -1.65

« Reply #15 on: October 21, 2013, 01:34:16 PM »

Ooh, good thread!

In the Spring/Summer, I prefer to wear a dark, solid-colored polo or Henley, chino pant or black jean, and boot. I'll also wear a t-shirt with an accentuated neckline, jeans, and Converse if I'm in a more casual mood (or a polo or Henley, jean, and Converse if I'm feeling REALLY preppy).  

In the Winter/Fall, I wear sweaters and cardigans as much as I can, plus button-downs with traditional or Mandarin collars. I'll also wear a tie or scarf whenever appropriate. No jeans or tennis shoes this time of year. I intend on investing in a textured blazer at some point this year.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 02:54:17 PM »

I tend to dress like either the doctor in Hot Fuzz or the Hungarian hood in the film version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

and ?
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 03:13:28 PM »

I'm generally casual but quite conservative (in contrast to my politics Tongue).  My typical outfit is a dark sweatshirt (or t-shirt, depending on the season) and jeans.  I'm not very wild with fashion, and I usually wear dark or neutral colors. 
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: October 21, 2013, 03:17:02 PM »

Sweaters, collared shirts, and cardigans in neutral, earth, or jewel tones, with black, brown, tan, or navy slacks. Variations in a few different directions (shorter sleeves, more or fewer layers, different shoes, different accessories, more masculine, more feminine) depending on the situation.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #19 on: October 21, 2013, 03:18:57 PM »

Sweaters, collared shirts, and cardigans in neutral, earth, or jewel tones, with black, brown, tan, or navy slacks. Variations in a few different directions (shorter sleeves, more or fewer layers, different shoes, different accessories, more masculine, more feminine) depending on the situation.

Wow, doesn't really sound very 'feminine' at all by any stretch of the imagination.. unless.. what is a 'jewel tone'?
Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #20 on: October 21, 2013, 04:09:43 PM »

Band shirts and jeans.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2013, 04:14:08 PM »

Generally some jeans and a tee-shirt. That's it, I'm very casual and I generally don't care what I wear. I go shopping once every 6 months.
Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.
Nathan
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #22 on: October 21, 2013, 04:16:56 PM »
« Edited: October 21, 2013, 04:37:25 PM by asexual trans victimologist »

Wow, doesn't really sound very 'feminine' at all by any stretch of the imagination..

I can't get away with that. Usually. Sadly. Like I said, I vary the use of gendered accessories according to the situation. I'm becoming fonder of brooches and shawls in the winter months.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Good question, opebo! Generally speaking a jewel tone is a relatively bright, but also rich and usually dark color, like a deep green or blue or a vivid maroon or purple.
opebo
Atlas Legend

« Reply #23 on: October 21, 2013, 04:24:55 PM »

Good question, opebo! Generally speaking a jewel tone is a relatively bright, but also rich and usually dark color, like a deep green or blue or a vivid maroon or purple.

Sounds fine!  And by the way the overall scheme - slacks, button downs, cardigans etc - sounds rather similar to mine own.  I like a nice V-neck pullover as well, but can only wear them about 2-3 weeks of the year here at best.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2013, 04:38:46 PM »

T-shirts, cargo shorts, and sneakers are the usual school wear, though sometimes basketball shorts or flip-flops instead. Maybe jeans on the one day a year it gets into the 70s. We do things casually in Florida.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies