University of Arkansas: Hillary +2 on Generic R (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:29:23 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential General Election Polls
  University of Arkansas: Hillary +2 on Generic R (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: University of Arkansas: Hillary +2 on Generic R  (Read 2473 times)
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.26, S: -0.87

« on: October 23, 2013, 02:22:16 PM »

Unfortunately for Hillary Clinton, I don't think Generic Republican Candidate will be nominated.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 10:47:50 PM »

Unfortunately for Hillary Clinton, I don't think Generic Republican Candidate will be nominated.

Fortunately, you mean. Generic Republican would have defeated Obama in 2012, for example.

No unfortunately because Generic Republican Candidate won't be running. Obama was also fortunate if you're trying to make a pun.
barfbag
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2013, 12:43:06 AM »

Romney won Arkansas in 2012 by about the same margin Obama won Maryland. Just for perspective.

Yeah, but Arkansas is very fond of the Clintons, most voters there are registered Democrats, and President Obama is very deeply hated up there.

This.

Its not an apples-to-apples comparison. Obama's huge losing margins in states like AR and WV are unique to him. Any R would get crushed in MD.

They aren't unique to him, but Hillary Clinton would have and certainly will do better if she runs again. I put WV and AR in the likely Republican column of light red states along with GA, SC, LA, and AZ. She could put most of these into play with the exception of maybe SC.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies