Predictions from another website... (check these out)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 17, 2024, 08:25:35 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predictions from another website... (check these out)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Predictions from another website... (check these out)  (Read 4132 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2005, 06:01:29 PM »

There is nothing wrong with being very conservative.  I would rather eat with the conservatives than with the die-hard and Republican-hating liberals like Hillary Clinton or Howard Dean
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2005, 06:49:59 PM »

BushOK. 

How are Henry's re-elections chances looking?  Is he a lock or is it going to be really tough for him to be re-elected?  It seems like he has some pretty nice approval ratings, but he probably wont have the luxury of a strong 3rd party candidate like he had in 2002.  Anyway, how is he as a Governor and how does he look for re-election?
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2005, 09:23:18 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2005, 09:27:11 PM by BushOklahoma »

BushOK.

How are Henry's re-elections chances looking? Is he a lock or is it going to be really tough for him to be re-elected? It seems like he has some pretty nice approval ratings, but he probably wont have the luxury of a strong 3rd party candidate like he had in 2002. Anyway, how is he as a Governor and how does he look for re-election?

There hasn't been much talk of the Gubenatorial Race for 2006, yet.  However, I think he has a more than decent shot of being re-elected, because remember, Oklahoma has more Democrats than Republicans in registered voters, though most are moderate Democrats as opposed to liberal.  That's why we go Republican at the Fed level.  Anyway, Gov. Henry is a pretty quiet but focused Governor.  He's not on the news doing interviews as much as Gov. Frank Keating (R) was from 1995-2003.  He has been an excellent governor with only one thing I didn't like.  He was really good during the May 8 and 9, 2003 tornadoes that tore through Oklahoma City.  The thing I did not like was he did get his lottery wish in Oklahoma via voter's passage in the Nov 2004 election.  The first signs of the lottery will come out on October 1, 2005 with scratch-off tickets.  I'll have to wait and see who his Republican opponent will be before I can tell if he stands a chance, but right now,  I would say he has a very good chance.  I have a whole lot of respect for him as Governor and as a man.

He has a Republican Lt. Gov in Mary Fallin and a Democrat Senate and a Republican House to work with.  The House just turned over to a narrow majority for the Republicans for the first time in 80 years in January 2005.
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2005, 09:52:25 PM »

Do they want to lose?  Edwards can't win.  I highly doubt that this list is reflective of who Dems acctually want.

Actually, if Edwards had been at the top of the ticket, he certainly would have done better than Kerry did and likely would have won IMO.  If nothing else, 2004 shows that a front-loaded primary season doesn't allow enough time for candidates to be properly evaluated.
Moooooo
nickshepDEM
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -0.52, S: 3.65

« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2005, 10:05:10 PM »

Do they want to lose?  Edwards can't win.  I highly doubt that this list is reflective of who Dems acctually want.

Actually, if Edwards had been at the top of the ticket, he certainly would have done better than Kerry did and likely would have won IMO.  If nothing else, 2004 shows that a front-loaded primary season doesn't allow enough time for candidates to be properly evaluated.

I think John Edwards is a stronger General Election candidate than some give him credit for being too.  At the top of the ticket he would have a whole different effect.
TomC
TCash101
Junior Chimp

« Reply #30 on: March 09, 2005, 10:07:40 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2005, 11:30:02 PM by TCash101 »

I agree on Edwards. Wish he had a little more experience but he's got the best message. He gets it.

There is absolutely enough time for candidates to be properly evaluated. Problem is, most Americans aren't going to evaluate until last minute, and the media won't offer much for them to truly be able to evaluate. It is a name game for most people. No primary length or schedule is going to change that.
NHPolitico

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2005, 02:15:08 PM »

What a stupid list.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies