Predictions from another website... (check these out) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:14:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2008 Elections
  Predictions from another website... (check these out) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Predictions from another website... (check these out)  (Read 4147 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« on: March 09, 2005, 11:26:48 AM »
« edited: March 09, 2005, 11:28:56 AM by BushOklahoma »

The list is pretty strange, to say the least.

I'm suprised to see Gov. Brad Henry of Oklahoma on the Dem. longshots list.  I don't think he would have much of a shot, but he may have more of a chance in 2012 than 2008.

Hillary, in my mind, should be at the top of the longshot list or the bottom of the serious contenders list.

I think the Democratic party needs to move away from the Clinton legacy, and that means Hillary, Bill, and Al Gore.

Both parties need to embrace younger candidates like Sen. Evan Bayh (IN) or Gov. Brad Henry (OK) for the Dems and Sam Brownback (KS) or Rick Santorum (PA) for the GOP and possibly Sen. Tom Coburn (OK) in 2012 or 2016
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2005, 04:13:36 PM »

The Republicans will never nominate Coburn...we do have some sense, you know...

It's not like we pick the most extreme candidate every cycle. We never picked Pat Buchanan or Alan Keyes...

I'm not bashing the Republican's my any means.  I am still a registered Republican, though my icon shows Democrat.  That's because I'm open to both sides of the aisle.

Coburn probably is too conservative for the White House, but I was just throwing out names, trying to get Oklahoma on the national political map.  As for Pat and Alan, I'm glad our Republican party never picked them.  They're too radical for my liking.
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2005, 06:01:29 PM »

There is nothing wrong with being very conservative.  I would rather eat with the conservatives than with the die-hard and Republican-hating liberals like Hillary Clinton or Howard Dean
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2005, 09:23:18 PM »
« Edited: March 09, 2005, 09:27:11 PM by BushOklahoma »

BushOK.

How are Henry's re-elections chances looking? Is he a lock or is it going to be really tough for him to be re-elected? It seems like he has some pretty nice approval ratings, but he probably wont have the luxury of a strong 3rd party candidate like he had in 2002. Anyway, how is he as a Governor and how does he look for re-election?

There hasn't been much talk of the Gubenatorial Race for 2006, yet.  However, I think he has a more than decent shot of being re-elected, because remember, Oklahoma has more Democrats than Republicans in registered voters, though most are moderate Democrats as opposed to liberal.  That's why we go Republican at the Fed level.  Anyway, Gov. Henry is a pretty quiet but focused Governor.  He's not on the news doing interviews as much as Gov. Frank Keating (R) was from 1995-2003.  He has been an excellent governor with only one thing I didn't like.  He was really good during the May 8 and 9, 2003 tornadoes that tore through Oklahoma City.  The thing I did not like was he did get his lottery wish in Oklahoma via voter's passage in the Nov 2004 election.  The first signs of the lottery will come out on October 1, 2005 with scratch-off tickets.  I'll have to wait and see who his Republican opponent will be before I can tell if he stands a chance, but right now,  I would say he has a very good chance.  I have a whole lot of respect for him as Governor and as a man.

He has a Republican Lt. Gov in Mary Fallin and a Democrat Senate and a Republican House to work with.  The House just turned over to a narrow majority for the Republicans for the first time in 80 years in January 2005.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies