o hai
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:33:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  o hai
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 6245 times)
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: October 27, 2013, 07:27:11 PM »

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley
Goldwater
Republitarian
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: -4.52

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 07:33:06 PM »

Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 07:35:01 PM »

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley

lmao

Saved for posterity
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2013, 07:36:58 PM »

THIS IS GONNA BE A GREAT ENTRY IN LOVE TALES OF HAGRID & GRIFFIN
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2013, 07:39:30 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »

I have to admire the extremely even nature of the Progressive Union registration.

They're going for the classic Labor Five-Region Strategy. It's a difficult one to master, but very powerful when done properly. Wink

I thought we were just getting random members but you know whatever floats your boat
^^
As Progressives, we don't tell our members where they should live.

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2013, 07:51:10 PM »

Ah, but it was not one of us who told people to move somewhere. It was a certain Laborite who wanted to have a left leaning legislature and governorship. PJ probably just said "You can try to get the Progressives to move to the mideast" but he was not saying for them to move to the mideast, just saying that the person who will not be named can try to influence us to move here.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2013, 08:07:27 PM »

If it's Labor, it's X. If you're covering for your fellow progressives, it's Siren.
GAworth
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2013, 08:09:29 PM »

If it's Labor, it's X. If you're covering for your fellow progressives, it's Siren.
We're not covering kind sir. I leave it to you to make assumptions on who it was that reached out to all of us (including myself) to move.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2013, 08:12:54 PM »

We're not covering kind sir. I leave it to you to make assumptions on who it was that reached out to all of us (including myself) to move.

I already know what happened here Roll Eyes
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2013, 08:19:54 PM »

I said it was a Laborite, so it could be any of the following:

Averroës Nix
MalaspinaGold
MustCrushCapitalism
OAM
Njall
Sir John Johns
Adam OAOB
Mr. X
Gass3268 or
Snowstalker.

I will not name who it is.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

There is no organized Labor plot to move individuals into such an awful region. Talleyrand wouldn't have left if that were the case. If I had my way, it'd be nuked.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2013, 08:37:56 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2013, 08:49:19 PM by Assemblyman Mr. X »

Alright enough is enough.  When you Inks up, the only thing you can do is come clean.  I sure as hell am not gonna sit here and let the PU leadership dump something they were up to their eyeballs in at Labor's feet.  First, I deserve blame for this (along with the PU leadership) and no one else in Labor, I will not let my friends take the blame for my screw-up!  Siren had no part in this, so don't go blaming her for it either.  It is a shame that the PU leadership was willing to let people think it was her to try to save their own skin.  There were discussions about this and throughout them Flo, GAworth, and PJ knew full well about what was going on.  The PU leadership enthusiastically encouraged this.  The idea that it was just me sending PMs is a load of baloney and while I'd rather not leak them, I will say that I have the PMs to prove the active involvement of the PU leadership.  Flo himself implied that he didn't move to the Mideast simply because he couldn't move until February.  PJ absolutely sent PMs encouraging folks to move.  I was very mixed about this.  I thought several times I shouldn't do it and against my better judgement, I sent a rather hyperbolic PM to Marnetmar (who had already been PMed about this by the PU for the record) and felt awful about it the moment I sent it.  I try to set a high ethical standard for myself and I didn't meet it.  Over a Inks internet game of all things.  I can only say that I feel awful and am extremely sorry about this.  I hope you guys will give me another chance and ask for your forgiveness.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2013, 08:51:57 PM »

Good on ya Mr. X! Coming clean about these things is not something a lot of our Atlasian figures will do, and by apologizing you are a lot better than most.

Earning back trust will be difficult, but you're on the right path!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2013, 08:54:47 PM »

Is the fact that parties try to recruit people to certain regions tactically in any way controversial?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 08:55:37 PM »

Good on ya Mr. X! Coming clean about these things is not something a lot of our Atlasian figures will do, and by apologizing you are a lot better than most.

Earning back trust will be difficult, but you're on the right path!

Thanks, I really appreciate it Smiley  That means a lot coming from you in particular, given the circumstances Tongue
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: October 27, 2013, 09:06:16 PM »

lol
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2013, 09:08:17 PM »

Hmm, I just gave my 1st preference to a PU candidate for presidency too. That might not happen again soon...
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with strategic registration, and I suspect that many Atlasians agree.

Nevertheless, focusing on regional politics in the Mideast is probably a mistake for Atlasian progressives. We can most effectively limit the damage done by the reactionary clique that governs the Mideast by acting at the federal level. It'd take a massive effort to overcome their stranglehold on the region. Our soldiers are needed elsewhere.

Precisely. When Labor strategically recruits, all of Atlasia knows. Why anybody would want to take over such a naturally stable/hostile region is beyond me, but I'm glad it's been made clear that other parties are hypocrites when they say they don't do it.
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 09:28:42 PM »

I feel that the main issue comes from the fact that this was meant to be kept secret for whatever reason.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2013, 09:30:37 PM »

I feel that the main issue comes from the fact that this was meant to be kept secret for whatever reason.

Looking back, it was probably me already feeling bad about it at an unconscious level.  When someone does something they feel bad about, they tend not to want the world to know Tongue  Strategically, it also makes sense to do it in secret.  The real issue is people being hypocritical about strategic registration.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2013, 09:33:09 PM »

I want to apologize as well, I threw X under the bus. I did tell him I would move, but I can't until February. This is the Progressive's fault.

Precisely. When Labor strategically recruits, all of Atlasia knows. Why anybody would want to take over such a naturally stable/hostile region is beyond me, but I'm glad it's been made clear that other parties are hypocrites when they say they don't do it.

You are right and I want to apologize, on behalf of my party, about this.

I want to ask for X's forgiveness in this, because I undoubtedly hurt him.

And I apologize to him for me being a douche.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2013, 09:39:44 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2013, 09:58:26 PM by Pacific Council Speaker PJ »

I would also like to apologize for this. While X did PM me a week ago asking about this, I did volunteer to help him and I now realize that was the wrong decision. Up until this point, I had no involvement in strategic registration. I would like to clarify, this was the fault of a couple of Progressives and a Laborite, not the Progressive Union itself. Lumine, butafly, Siren, and other Progressives had nothing to do with this.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2013, 09:43:49 PM »
« Edited: October 27, 2013, 09:45:29 PM by Assemblyman Mr. X »

I would also like to apologize for this. While X did PM me a couple weeks ago asking about this, I did volunteer to help him and I now realize that was the wrong decision. Up until this point, I had no involvement in strategic registration. I would like to clarify, this was the fault of a couple of Progressives and a Laborite, not the Progressive Union itself. Lumine, butafly, Siren, and other Progressives had nothing to do with this.

To clarify, this started less than a week ago and I asked your guys thoughts about the idea.  It sort of went from there.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies