o hai
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:51:32 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  o hai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 6244 times)
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:13 AM »

See, it's sh**t like this that leads to certain regions having people leave them and come flooding to the Mideast.  I'd better not see Mr. X supporting regional consolidation and making the "the Pacific is too inactive" argument.

That has never been my reason for supporting regional consolidation.

Then in that case, I have no problems.  As long as your consistent, I'm happy to agree to disagree. Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2013, 10:05:53 AM »

Hmm, I just gave my 1st preference to a PU candidate for presidency too. That might not happen again soon...

Ditto.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2013, 10:18:39 AM »

I forgive the two of you for voting for a PU candidate over me. I'm sure you were told their candidate was pro-life and would fight to uphold the mideast abortion laws, right? Wink
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 10:24:50 AM »

3. Mr. X needs not apologize so profusely. In fact, he is owed an apology because what happened in making a thread out of a PM is probably a violation of the law.

This is a simulation, isn't it?

Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 4.65, S: -2.78

P P

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 10:29:35 AM »

3. Mr. X needs not apologize so profusely. In fact, he is owed an apology because what happened in making a thread out of a PM is probably a violation of the law.

Yes, it is.  As Attorney General, this is probably something you should know.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 12:16:15 PM »

You know, I think I may have to take back my comments in the main PU thread about how they were making the game less fun. *munches on popcorn*
HagridOfTheDeep
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -4.35

« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 12:25:22 PM »

Not sure why this is popcorn worthy. The straight-shooting Federalist Party has always been up against tactless schemes.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 01:58:21 PM »

Since it seems like this is the thread to do it, can we also condemn the NM-AM for their strategic registration instead of just ganging up on the PU?
ilikeverin
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Timor-Leste

« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 02:03:46 PM »

There has always been a gentlemen's agreement that you register in your home state, unless you are unamerican and then you're inherently dangerous and we must be suspicious of you anyway. Wink

Sometimes but not always.  In the past, some people (though usually foreigners) have moved wherever the population is lowest.  Strategic registration has always been a concept, though.

Since it seems like this is the thread to do it, can we also condemn the NM-AM for their strategic registration instead of just ganging up on the PU?

To my knowledge, the revolution's spatial distribution is largely the result of Pacificans feeling most drawn to the NM-AM.
OAM

« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 02:22:45 PM »

There has always been a gentlemen's agreement that you register in your home state, unless you are unamerican and then you're inherently dangerous and we must be suspicious of you anyway. Wink

Elections are boring? Okay. Let's reform this country. Reform =/ strategic registration.

We have seen in the past that this practice typically does more harm than good, but if the PU insists on doing it, at least be honest and don't pretend to be some goody two shoes group of kids that have never seen a woman's vagina and never cursed. I would at least respect you if nothing else.

That is why I like the Labor. They don't act like children when it comes to policy. Rather, they act like brave, handsome radical gay men. That is to be celebrated.

Lol, are you referring to Siren with those remarks in response to that argument?  It would be pretty hard for that bolded part to be true, considering she is a woman Tongue

Anywho, I honestly don't care either way about this argument.  If anything, I'm typically not too happy with the level of resistance here in the Mideast, or lack thereof to be specific.  They may be even more likely to get my first preference in the future.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 04:13:58 PM »

Hmm, I just gave my 1st preference to a PU candidate for presidency too. That might not happen again soon...

I feel sorry for that SenatorTJ. You must awknowledge that I'm not a fan of this kind of tacting and many members of PRO neither fit on the same classification! Lumine, DemPGH and I were never fonds of that kind of stuff and I can say that I'm highly sad about this whole situation!
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2013, 06:36:45 PM »

I don't have a dog in this fight, but this is like twilight zone. Where are all the assholes, denial, lies and bullsh**t accusations which you would normally expect in good 'ol Atlasia?
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2013, 07:11:51 PM »

I feel sorry for that SenatorTJ. You must awknowledge that I'm not a fan of this kind of tacting and many members of PRO neither fit on the same classification! Lumine, DemPGH and I were never fonds of that kind of stuff and I can say that I'm highly sad about this whole situation!

Incidentally, the reason I was caught off guard about this wasn't that there is strategic registration occurring, in fact I would have shocked if Labor wasn't trying to increase its influence in the Mideast. What surprised me was that PU was doing it to target the Mideast Federalists. I had not to this point considered the PU to generally be a party hostile to my region's leadership or any sort of enemy in the game.

Strategic registration is a bit like holding in football. It occurs to a certain extent very often, but whether or not it's called comes down to a question of how flagrant.
Sbane
sbane
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2013, 10:32:12 PM »

To my knowledge, the revolution's spatial distribution is largely the result of Pacificans feeling most drawn to the NM-AM.

That's a bunch of crap. Xahar, Seatown and Fuzzy are the only Pacificans in that movement. Why is Bacon King registered in the Pacific now (although the election results would suggest he still thinks he is in the south)? Why is the cat freak lady registered in the Pacific? Why is Pkemp? Why is Cincinnatus?
Kitteh
drj101
United States

« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 10:45:58 PM »

That's a bunch of crap. Xahar, Seatown and Fuzzy are the only Pacificans in that movement. Why is Bacon King registered in the Pacific now (although the election results would suggest he still thinks he is in the south)? Why is the cat freak lady registered in the Pacific? Why is Pkemp? Why is Cincinnatus?

lmao

(ftr I would have left the mideast anyway without rimjob because...well, look at the direction it's headed since then, and I was born/grew up in Cali and lived there longer than any other place by far)
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 10:49:12 PM »
« Edited: October 28, 2013, 11:03:22 PM by Pacific Council Speaker PJ »

1. I am very sorry to all the Federalists who feel as though they were betrayed by PRO. However, I must point out Lumine and Superique had no idea this was even going on. As far as voting for them, your decision should not be changed by this incident.

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

3. @ ZuWo: The following American Federalists are not registered in their home state IRL:

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

4. I'd like to clarify that I do not stand by this decision. I once more must apologize to everyone for these actions.

5. One more clarification: This was not strategic registration on the part of PRO. This was strategic registration among pro-choice leftists.

EDIT: I misunderstood a PM.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »

FTR, Bacon King voted in the IDS because of election law. He's a legal resident of the Pacific.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2013, 10:58:11 PM »

Who is the cat lady? Is she pretty?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 10:59:30 PM »

1. I am very sorry to all the Federalists who feel as though they were betrayed by PRO. However, I must point out Lumine and Superique had no idea this was even going on. As far as voting for them, your decision should not be changed by this incident.

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

3. @ ZuWo: The following American Federalists are not registered in their home state IRL:

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

4. I'd like to clarify that I do not stand by this decision. I once more must apologize to everyone for these actions.

5. One more clarification: This was not strategic registration on the part of PRO. This was strategic registration among pro-choice leftists. X can vouch for the fact that we were also considering some Labor candidates.

Actually, I wasn't aware of any PMs to Laborites Tongue
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 11:05:29 PM »

I don't recall ever receiving a PM from you, would you mind sending it again?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07:41 PM »

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

Huh Then why did you post this?

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2013, 11:19:55 PM »

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

It is a natural reaction and one shared by more then just Federalists I would imagine PJ. As I recall there are Pro-Life PROs as well as others who would have issues with it. Of course Lumine and Superique were out of the loop and that is why I actually sympathize greatly with them. I was denied votes as well during the RPP scandals of October 2009, which was stuff I opposed and tried to stop so I know what it is like. That is why a party's members should avoid these kinds of tactics for that reason, because their members will pay the price when it gets exposed and fellow members thus have an obligation to each other to keep things on the up and up.

One of the problems with the Pacific is no one ever has had the patience to build up a competative force there. They always just leave, which in turn makes it more boring and encourages more people to leave. Why would a Progressive Union member want to deprive a region of its own membership after having just come off the closest Regional Senate election in the country involving a Progressive Union member?

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

Atleast three of them are in the same region as their homestates. Dereich and sbane only recently left their home states for other states in the same region. Sbane may even have done it to fill in the gaps on the "Save our States" project thing, but I cannot recall.

PiT and SPC have been in the south for years and have had a strong connection to the place and its history and at the time they left, the Pacific was hardly hospitable territory if you weren't on bgwah's christmas card list.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:16 PM »

It is a natural reaction and one shared by more then just Federalists I would imagine PJ. As I recall there are Pro-Life PROs as well as others who would have issues with it. Of course Lumine and Superique were out of the loop and that is why I actually sympathize greatly with them. I was denied votes as well during the RPP scandals of October 2009, which was stuff I opposed and tried to stop so I know what it is like. That is why a party's members should avoid these kinds of tactics for that reason, because their members will pay the price when it gets exposed and fellow members thus have an obligation to each other to keep things on the up and up.

One of the problems with the Pacific is no one ever has had the patience to build up a competative force there. They always just leave, which in turn makes it more boring and encourages more people to leave. Why would a Progressive Union member want to deprive a region of its own membership after having just come off the closest Regional Senate election in the country involving a Progressive Union member?

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

Atleast three of them are in the same region as their homestates. Dereich and sbane only recently left their home states for other states in the same region. Sbane may even have done it to fill in the gaps on the "Save our States" project thing, but I cannot recall.

PiT and SPC have been in the south for years and have had a strong connection to the place and its history and at the time they left, the Pacific was hardly hospitable territory if you weren't on bgwah's christmas card list.

a. I am also deeply sorry to all Progressives. The ones you have referred to have received my apologies in private.

b. Regardless of the reason, my point is that people don't have to register in their home state. Doesn't Sbane live in Tennessee IRL?
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #73 on: October 29, 2013, 12:08:46 AM »
« Edited: October 29, 2013, 12:18:19 AM by Marnetmar »

I recieved the PM from Mr. X, my apologies.
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 12:19:49 AM »

Huh Then why did you post this?

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley

I recieved the PM from Mr. X, not you.
Ok but my point is, if you didn't receive a PM from me, why did you post this?
PJ recommended I talk to some of you
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies