Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
October 18, 2017, 10:51:48 pm
HomePredMockPollEVCalcAFEWIKIHelpLogin Register
News: Please delete your old personal messages.

+  Atlas Forum
|-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections
| |-+  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderator: Gustaf)
| | |-+  o hai
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 4129 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -0.84, S: -3.04

P

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2013, 08:26:01 am »
Ignore

There has always been a gentlemen's agreement that you register in your home state, unless you are unamerican and then you're inherently dangerous and we must be suspicious of you anyway. Wink

Elections are boring? Okay. Let's reform this country. Reform =/ strategic registration.

We have seen in the past that this practice typically does more harm than good, but if the PU insists on doing it, at least be honest and don't pretend to be some goody two shoes group of kids that have never seen a woman's vagina and never cursed. I would at least respect you if nothing else.

That is why I like the Labor. They don't act like children when it comes to policy. Rather, they act like brave, handsome radical gay men. That is to be celebrated.
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -1.57

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2013, 09:41:13 am »
Ignore

See, it's sh**t like this that leads to certain regions having people leave them and come flooding to the Mideast.  I'd better not see Mr. X supporting regional consolidation and making the "the Pacific is too inactive" argument.

That has never been my reason for supporting regional consolidation.

Then in that case, I have no problems.  As long as your consistent, I'm happy to agree to disagree. Smiley
Supersonic
SupersonicVenue
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.90, S: 0.35

P P P

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 28, 2013, 10:05:53 am »
Ignore

Hmm, I just gave my 1st preference to a PU candidate for presidency too. That might not happen again soon...

Ditto.

Being a Libertarian is like having a fever, either you sweat it out or you die from it.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 28, 2013, 10:18:39 am »
Ignore

I forgive the two of you for voting for a PU candidate over me. I'm sure you were told their candidate was pro-life and would fight to uphold the mideast abortion laws, right? Wink
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.58, S: -8.24

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2013, 10:24:50 am »
Ignore

3. Mr. X needs not apologize so profusely. In fact, he is owed an apology because what happened in making a thread out of a PM is probably a violation of the law.

This is a simulation, isn't it?

Ontheissues: 30%, 98%

Atlasian political party: Independent
Queen Mum Inks.LWC
Inks.LWC
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.45, S: -1.57

P P P

View Profile WWW
« Reply #55 on: October 28, 2013, 10:29:35 am »
Ignore

3. Mr. X needs not apologize so profusely. In fact, he is owed an apology because what happened in making a thread out of a PM is probably a violation of the law.

Yes, it is.  As Attorney General, this is probably something you should know.
Solidarity Forever
Alfred F. Jones
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 28, 2013, 12:16:15 pm »
Ignore

You know, I think I may have to take back my comments in the main PU thread about how they were making the game less fun. *munches on popcorn*

There is a lot of humor to be mined from this as the mind of LBJ in the body of an 18 month old baby girl is quite hilarious.

19:08   oakvale   keep your furry horror out of here please

Alfred is the Atlasian equivalent of a malevolent deity.

HagridOfTheDeep
YaBB God
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -3.10, S: -1.90

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 28, 2013, 12:25:22 pm »
Ignore

Not sure why this is popcorn worthy. The straight-shooting Federalist Party has always been up against tactless schemes.

Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 28, 2013, 01:58:21 pm »
Ignore

Since it seems like this is the thread to do it, can we also condemn the NM-AM for their strategic registration instead of just ganging up on the PU?
ilikeverin
YaBB God
Timor-Leste

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 28, 2013, 02:03:46 pm »
Ignore

There has always been a gentlemen's agreement that you register in your home state, unless you are unamerican and then you're inherently dangerous and we must be suspicious of you anyway. Wink

Sometimes but not always.  In the past, some people (though usually foreigners) have moved wherever the population is lowest.  Strategic registration has always been a concept, though.

Since it seems like this is the thread to do it, can we also condemn the NM-AM for their strategic registration instead of just ganging up on the PU?

To my knowledge, the revolution's spatial distribution is largely the result of Pacificans feeling most drawn to the NM-AM.

Associate Justice of the Supreme Court in Atlasia
OAM
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 28, 2013, 02:22:45 pm »
Ignore

Elections are boring? Okay. Let's reform this country. Reform =/ strategic registration.

We have seen in the past that this practice typically does more harm than good, but if the PU insists on doing it, at least be honest and don't pretend to be some goody two shoes group of kids that have never seen a woman's vagina and never cursed. I would at least respect you if nothing else.

That is why I like the Labor. They don't act like children when it comes to policy. Rather, they act like brave, handsome radical gay men. That is to be celebrated.

Lol, are you referring to Siren with those remarks in response to that argument?  It would be pretty hard for that bolded part to be true, considering she is a woman Tongue

Anywho, I honestly don't care either way about this argument.  If anything, I'm typically not too happy with the level of resistance here in the Mideast, or lack thereof to be specific.  They may be even more likely to get my first preference in the future.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
YaBB God
Brazil

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 28, 2013, 04:13:58 pm »
Ignore

Hmm, I just gave my 1st preference to a PU candidate for presidency too. That might not happen again soon...

I feel sorry for that SenatorTJ. You must awknowledge that I'm not a fan of this kind of tacting and many members of PRO neither fit on the same classification! Lumine, DemPGH and I were never fonds of that kind of stuff and I can say that I'm highly sad about this whole situation!

"When people want less of taxes and more of everything else, you've got a problem." Jerry Brown

"Government has become so vast and impersonal that its interests diverge more and more from the interests of ordinary citizens." George McGovern

"Don't pray for easy lives, pray to be stronger man." John F. Kennedy
LastVoter
seatown
YaBB God
Thailand

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 28, 2013, 06:36:45 pm »
Ignore

I don't have a dog in this fight, but this is like twilight zone. Where are all the assholes, denial, lies and bullsh**t accusations which you would normally expect in good 'ol Atlasia?
TJ in Wisco
TJ in Cleve
Moderators
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 28, 2013, 07:11:51 pm »
Ignore

I feel sorry for that SenatorTJ. You must awknowledge that I'm not a fan of this kind of tacting and many members of PRO neither fit on the same classification! Lumine, DemPGH and I were never fonds of that kind of stuff and I can say that I'm highly sad about this whole situation!

Incidentally, the reason I was caught off guard about this wasn't that there is strategic registration occurring, in fact I would have shocked if Labor wasn't trying to increase its influence in the Mideast. What surprised me was that PU was doing it to target the Mideast Federalists. I had not to this point considered the PU to generally be a party hostile to my region's leadership or any sort of enemy in the game.

Strategic registration is a bit like holding in football. It occurs to a certain extent very often, but whether or not it's called comes down to a question of how flagrant.

"A thought sent back in time to the theocracy panic of 2005: If you dislike the religious right, wait till you meet the post-religious right." -Ross Douthat

Donald Trump is not a poster on the Atlas Forum, so no, I can't infract him for violating the ToS.
Sbane
sbane
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 28, 2013, 10:32:12 pm »
Ignore

To my knowledge, the revolution's spatial distribution is largely the result of Pacificans feeling most drawn to the NM-AM.

That's a bunch of crap. Xahar, Seatown and Fuzzy are the only Pacificans in that movement. Why is Bacon King registered in the Pacific now (although the election results would suggest he still thinks he is in the south)? Why is the cat freak lady registered in the Pacific? Why is Pkemp? Why is Cincinnatus?
Kitteh
drj101
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 28, 2013, 10:45:58 pm »
Ignore

That's a bunch of crap. Xahar, Seatown and Fuzzy are the only Pacificans in that movement. Why is Bacon King registered in the Pacific now (although the election results would suggest he still thinks he is in the south)? Why is the cat freak lady registered in the Pacific? Why is Pkemp? Why is Cincinnatus?

lmao

(ftr I would have left the mideast anyway without rimjob because...well, look at the direction it's headed since then, and I was born/grew up in Cali and lived there longer than any other place by far)

This thread reminds me that I should be somewhere else having sex.

Why is the cat freak lady registered in the Pacific?
PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 28, 2013, 10:49:12 pm »
Ignore

1. I am very sorry to all the Federalists who feel as though they were betrayed by PRO. However, I must point out Lumine and Superique had no idea this was even going on. As far as voting for them, your decision should not be changed by this incident.

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

3. @ ZuWo: The following American Federalists are not registered in their home state IRL:

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

4. I'd like to clarify that I do not stand by this decision. I once more must apologize to everyone for these actions.

5. One more clarification: This was not strategic registration on the part of PRO. This was strategic registration among pro-choice leftists.

EDIT: I misunderstood a PM.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 11:03:22 pm by Pacific Council Speaker PJ »Logged

President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist
YaBB God

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 28, 2013, 10:56:54 pm »
Ignore

FTR, Bacon King voted in the IDS because of election law. He's a legal resident of the Pacific.

Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
YaBB God

Political Matrix

P

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 28, 2013, 10:58:11 pm »
Ignore

Who is the cat lady? Is she pretty?
Malcolm X
jdb
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 28, 2013, 10:59:30 pm »
Ignore

1. I am very sorry to all the Federalists who feel as though they were betrayed by PRO. However, I must point out Lumine and Superique had no idea this was even going on. As far as voting for them, your decision should not be changed by this incident.

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

3. @ ZuWo: The following American Federalists are not registered in their home state IRL:

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

4. I'd like to clarify that I do not stand by this decision. I once more must apologize to everyone for these actions.

5. One more clarification: This was not strategic registration on the part of PRO. This was strategic registration among pro-choice leftists. X can vouch for the fact that we were also considering some Labor candidates.

Actually, I wasn't aware of any PMs to Laborites Tongue

Cool Grin Tongue Smiley Sad Huh Angry Wink Roll Eyes Undecided Cheesy
Shocked Lips sealed
Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 28, 2013, 11:05:29 pm »
Ignore

I don't recall ever receiving a PM from you, would you mind sending it again?

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 28, 2013, 11:07:41 pm »
Ignore

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

Huh Then why did you post this?

I don't recall ever receiving a PM from you, would you mind sending it again?

Greetings Smiley

I wanted to ask you to consider re-registering in the Mideast, PJ recommended I talk to some of you guys about this.  This is off-record, meaning don't tell anyone about this invite, even if you trust them.  As you may or may not be aware, the region has recently been re-energized by the abortion debate after the Federalist majority in the Assembly, with the support of Governor ZuWo, tried to ram through a number of harsh restrictions on abortion rights (including a 25 year jail sentence for women who get abortions for reasons other than rape, incest, or to save the life of the mother).  As a Progressive, you'd be a natural ally for the center-left coalition in the region which includes both members of the Progressive Union and reasonable and respectful Laborites.  Most importantly, you'd be a critical vote against the extreme policies the region's Federalists have tried to ram through.  We're gonna make a strong push to take back the Assembly and possibly the Governorship, but we'll need your support!  Thoughts?  Thanks and Dave bless Smiley

People's Speaker North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 28, 2013, 11:19:55 pm »
Ignore

2. The personal message I sent to Marnetmar never said it was  secret and should he have decided to move to the mideast, it would have been a little obvious when it happened.

It is a natural reaction and one shared by more then just Federalists I would imagine PJ. As I recall there are Pro-Life PROs as well as others who would have issues with it. Of course Lumine and Superique were out of the loop and that is why I actually sympathize greatly with them. I was denied votes as well during the RPP scandals of October 2009, which was stuff I opposed and tried to stop so I know what it is like. That is why a party's members should avoid these kinds of tactics for that reason, because their members will pay the price when it gets exposed and fellow members thus have an obligation to each other to keep things on the up and up.

One of the problems with the Pacific is no one ever has had the patience to build up a competative force there. They always just leave, which in turn makes it more boring and encourages more people to leave. Why would a Progressive Union member want to deprive a region of its own membership after having just come off the closest Regional Senate election in the country involving a Progressive Union member?

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

Atleast three of them are in the same region as their homestates. Dereich and sbane only recently left their home states for other states in the same region. Sbane may even have done it to fill in the gaps on the "Save our States" project thing, but I cannot recall.

PiT and SPC have been in the south for years and have had a strong connection to the place and its history and at the time they left, the Pacific was hardly hospitable territory if you weren't on bgwah's christmas card list.

People's Speaker of the Atlasian House of Representatives

PJ
Politics Junkie
YaBB God
United States

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:16 pm »
Ignore

It is a natural reaction and one shared by more then just Federalists I would imagine PJ. As I recall there are Pro-Life PROs as well as others who would have issues with it. Of course Lumine and Superique were out of the loop and that is why I actually sympathize greatly with them. I was denied votes as well during the RPP scandals of October 2009, which was stuff I opposed and tried to stop so I know what it is like. That is why a party's members should avoid these kinds of tactics for that reason, because their members will pay the price when it gets exposed and fellow members thus have an obligation to each other to keep things on the up and up.

One of the problems with the Pacific is no one ever has had the patience to build up a competative force there. They always just leave, which in turn makes it more boring and encourages more people to leave. Why would a Progressive Union member want to deprive a region of its own membership after having just come off the closest Regional Senate election in the country involving a Progressive Union member?

Goldwater
Dereich
Jack Enderman
SPC
PiT
MilesC56
Sbane

Atleast three of them are in the same region as their homestates. Dereich and sbane only recently left their home states for other states in the same region. Sbane may even have done it to fill in the gaps on the "Save our States" project thing, but I cannot recall.

PiT and SPC have been in the south for years and have had a strong connection to the place and its history and at the time they left, the Pacific was hardly hospitable territory if you weren't on bgwah's christmas card list.

a. I am also deeply sorry to all Progressives. The ones you have referred to have received my apologies in private.

b. Regardless of the reason, my point is that people don't have to register in their home state. Doesn't Sbane live in Tennessee IRL?

Marnetmar
United States

Political Matrix

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 29, 2013, 12:08:46 am »
Ignore

Huh Then why did you post this?

I recieved the PM from Mr. X, my apologies.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 12:18:19 am by Marnetmar »Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Logout