o hai (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:38:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  o hai (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 6416 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 29, 2013, 03:56:40 PM »

The former two were registered in their home states - they only moved because you posted a thread whose title involved a lot of capital letters imploring them to move to Mississippi and Puerto Rico. Otherwise they'd still be registered in that same state. The latter two have a long-time connection to this region and have been in the South longer than you've been around.

I started off in the Pacific, and within a month moved to the South to take part in a rising conservative movement there. Nobody asked me to move; I just saw a cause and ran with it.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 01:02:39 AM »

I never accused PiT, SPC, Enderman, Dereich or anyone else of strategic registration. My only point was that you don't have to be registered in your home state.

How many people were saying that you did?
PiT defended himself and SJoyce defended Dereich and Enderman.

No, I meant how many people were saying that you needed to be registered in your home state?

ZuWo:
For a long time there has been a more or less silent agreement in Atlasia that people should register in their real-life homestates. .

Ah, I missed that. Although you should keep in mind that ZuWo doesn't speak for all opponents of strategic registration.

I would point out that he said "should", not "should always" or "must", suggesting that it is more of a general prescription than an absolute one. I tend to agree with his statement, but it is each voter's right to register wherever. I made a decision to move to Louisiana, because it was something that I wanted to do.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies