o hai (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:36:53 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  o hai (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: o hai  (Read 6297 times)
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« on: October 27, 2013, 07:40:12 PM »

I have to admire the extremely even nature of the Progressive Union registration.

They're going for the classic Labor Five-Region Strategy. It's a difficult one to master, but very powerful when done properly. Wink

I thought we were just getting random members but you know whatever floats your boat
^^
As Progressives, we don't tell our members where they should live.

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2013, 08:29:11 PM »

There is no organized Labor plot to move individuals into such an awful region. Talleyrand wouldn't have left if that were the case. If I had my way, it'd be nuked.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 09:27:23 PM »

I don't think there's anything wrong with strategic registration, and I suspect that many Atlasians agree.

Nevertheless, focusing on regional politics in the Mideast is probably a mistake for Atlasian progressives. We can most effectively limit the damage done by the reactionary clique that governs the Mideast by acting at the federal level. It'd take a massive effort to overcome their stranglehold on the region. Our soldiers are needed elsewhere.

Precisely. When Labor strategically recruits, all of Atlasia knows. Why anybody would want to take over such a naturally stable/hostile region is beyond me, but I'm glad it's been made clear that other parties are hypocrites when they say they don't do it.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2013, 12:06:44 AM »

Cut this crap out, or I will declare your party a terrorist organization. I am also offended I haven't been recruited to join your party. The gal you all have!

Cum join us in radical homosexual splendor! You know The Party is the only way forward et al such as the Iraq
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2013, 12:27:05 AM »

Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2013, 02:35:56 PM »

I include Marnetmar in that category, btw, because the more I think about it, it really wasn't right of him to post this either (especially given his reason for posting the PM).  I don't know what the deal is with him not receiving a PM from PJ, all I know about that is what PJ told me.

I'm afraid I don't understand. I saw dishonesty and felt that it shouldn't be kept secret.Is this an invalid reason somehow? I don't care what party it is.

I'm not gonna leak the PM, but that certainly wasn't the impression I got.  That may have been part of it, but it didn't sound like why you said you leaked it.  IIRC, you said you thought it would be fun and humorous to play Julian Assange when I asked you what would be gained from ruining my reputation and humiliating me in public over this since I had already told you that I regretted it and wasn't going to do it again (I forget the exact words, and no, you don't have permission to post those PMs just because I alludes to them) even before I knew you leaked it.  I could be wrong, but that doesn't sound like moral outrage so much as having fun at someone else's expense simply because you could.  Also I did let you know at least once (possibly twice, I forget) that posting PMs was against site policy, so it isn't like you didn't know better.  I think it is against ToS to post them, or at least gets you death points, but I could be wrong. 

You pointed out to me that this was a simulation game and wasn't to be taken seriously, so the mindset had shifted. In said simulation, I see an action that is morally wrong and expose it.

I said I thought some people took it too seriously, but I also said the other things.  You knew it was going to stop even if you didn't leak it.

Wait, so there was taunting and bragging about the release of PMs in order to humiliate someone? X, I'd just post all of the PMs received in one place if I were you, since we're all being so "moral" and whatnot. You'll get 10 death points and it'll all be over. Sounds like the altruistic side of things is anything but that.

I'm finding the likelihood of this being some sort of sting or meatpuppetry rapidly approaching 100%. A player who joined during the zombie surge in the Pacific, held office but never actually swore in IIRC and went MIA before Rimjob, and who otherwise has done nothing within the game since joining suddenly has the moral motivation to expose some sort of sordid details?

What a mess this thread is. It makes me happy I'm still an independent and even happier that The People's Party was drama free during its time (internally at least). RIP The Party.

Indeed. This may be the new substitute for Update in the meantime. Cheesy
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies