Bush v Lieberman 2004
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:27:29 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  Bush v Lieberman 2004
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Bush v Lieberman 2004  (Read 5164 times)
Ben.
Ben
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 06, 2004, 12:15:17 PM »
« edited: April 06, 2004, 12:29:55 PM by Ben »

Suppose the 2000 Presidential Election had gone to the House and the Senate… the House with its solid GOP majority selects George Bush as President while the senate selects Jo Lieberman as Vice President…

Now look forward four years, Lieberman is now the democratic nominee thanks in large part to his having been VP for nearly four years and having broad national support as a morally upright and trustworthy politician with hawkish views on the war on terror that make any Bush criticism of him on the subject difficult… despite a strong challenge from the liberal wing of the Democratic party by Senator Paul Wellstone (who does not die) in the primaries and a third successive candidacy by Ralph Nader to whom many liberals are very attracted because of Lieberman’s centrism… pressurised by the Democratic leadership to placate the liberal wing of the party yet unwilling to ask his former rival Wellstone and believing two Jews on the ticket would be unworkable which also precludes Feingold and Feinstein, Lieberman then selects the popular, populist leaning North Carolina Senator John Edwards as his running mate in large part to compensate for his own perceived lack of charisma and “the common touch”…

Meantime George Bush was renominated unopposed as the Republican candidate for president, Bush resisted some pressure to reselect Dick Cheney and instead plumbed for the young and popular Colorado Governor Bill Owens…

So Bush/ Owens vs Lieberman/ Edwards … How would such a campaign shape up?... out of interest what would the senate races look like? And who would you vote for? ... In the imortal words of John “its up to you?”    
ShapeShifter

« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2004, 12:19:56 PM »

O my god!

I would have to say, None of the Above.
dunn

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2004, 12:30:30 PM »

Jo Lieberman/ John Edwards
Beefalow and the Consumer
Beef
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.77, S: -8.78

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2004, 12:39:29 PM »

All Libertarians across the country weep uncontrollably...
© tweed
Miamiu1027
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2004, 02:30:40 PM »

I'm not too wild about Joe, but I'd vote for him with no hesitation.
zachman

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2004, 03:07:17 PM »

I strongly dislike Lieberman's views and the DLC, but with Edwards I'd vote for him. Our party needs more contrast from the republicans now-a-days and Lieberman would really reduce this.
Lunar
Atlas Superstar
Ireland, Republic of
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2004, 04:01:04 PM »

I don't like Lieberman at all.  Pro-censorship stuff bothers me to the core.  But, I think he could beat Bush by stealing everything to the left of the moderate conservatives.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies